What do you guys think Wanda will look like?

I hear a lot of people say that she will be time-related and while that sounds pretty cool i think she will be a nautical character, since most of the latest updates have been related with boats.

Also it makes more sense that she's holding a compass than a clock since its an already existing object in the game very useful during sea traveling.

The hair looks like its holding something to me, i dont think they would leave it blank, maybe some life savers there? Like she's some crazy boat lady? Idk

(Im not sure how this works i created the account 5 mins ago haha) 

IMG_20210813_004240_151.jpg

My biggest question is... what the hell is going on on her head? Can't imagine a hairstyle related to clocks/antiques that fit her current silhouette

Edit: Maybe is like a giant turban and some of her hair is pulling through it???

The way the right arm bends (in the original silhouette) looks rather abrupt to me.

I initially thought it was going to be a funny pun for the "hands" on clocks, but I don't see anywhere else her actual hand would be. Alas.

This looks awesome, I love the character design! I tried drawing over the silhouette myself (mainly the face) and posted it in the theory thread. I think there are at least a couple things for sure: she wears glasses, holds a pocket watch and has curly hair.

10 hours ago, Ruthenford said:

I hear a lot of people say that she will be time-related and while that sounds pretty cool i think she will be a nautical character, since most of the latest updates have been related with boats.

Also it makes more sense that she's holding a compass than a clock since its an already existing object in the game very useful during sea traveling.

The hair looks like its holding something to me, i dont think they would leave it blank, maybe some life savers there? Like she's some crazy boat lady? Idk

(Im not sure how this works i created the account 5 mins ago haha) 

IMG_20210813_004240_151.jpg

OMG I LOVE IT!! I WAS WONDERING WHY SHE HAS A REALLY WEIRD HAIR, AND WHAT CAN BE HER "ROL" INTO THE GAME. I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE FINAL WANDA, A WEIRD SAILOR LADY.

8 hours ago, Brubs said:

My biggest question is... what the hell is going on on her head? Can't imagine a hairstyle related to clocks/antiques that fit her current silhouette

Edit: Maybe is like a giant turban and some of her hair is pulling through it???

yeah thats my biggest question, esp since the curls from the lower and upper part dont look alike. At one point i thought that i could be some crown but i dont know what thematic would she have with one

2 minutes ago, Ruthenford said:

yeah thats my biggest question, esp since the curls from the lower and upper part dont look alike. At one point i thought that i could be some crown but i dont know what thematic would she have with one

At first i thought she was holding a potion and the little shapes on her head’s silhouette were leaves.

Now im convinced she is holding a clock. So maybe she is wearing somewhat like a turban to hold her tremendous amount of hair, which could be coming off of it?

After noticing the similarities with Wagstaff i thought she could have a crazy hairstyle, but oh well… We will have to wait and see i guess

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

The way the right arm bends (in the original silhouette) looks rather abrupt to me.

I initially thought it was going to be a funny pun for the "hands" on clocks, but I don't see anywhere else her actual hand would be. Alas.

this is was the way i saw it, but maybe those arent actually her fingers and some addon of the object, like some gears if its really a cllock

manowanda.png

tuerca reloj wanda.png

19 minutes ago, Brubs said:

At first i thought she was holding a potion and the little shapes on her head’s silhouette were leaves.

Now im convinced she is holding a clock. So maybe she is wearing somewhat like a turban to hold her tremendous amount of hair, which could be coming off of it?

After noticing the similarities with Wagstaff i thought she could have a crazy hairstyle, but oh well… We will have to wait and see i guess

Now that you mention clocks, i just thought, how or why did she entered the constant? and if shes really a clockwork lady its not like they havent mentioned clockworks in the real world... Maybe those werent built by Maxwell, who knows

clowckworks winona.png

my first thought when i saw her (before reading the text about her being the next new character) I thought she was the crabby hermit (pearl)
because of the shoes and how she was holding something somewhat like how pearl weighs a fish.

so ive sorta been saying it may be a character like the crabby hermit.. (Its unlikely, but hey, might as well have some hopes of some kind)
because it would be an excuse to add a crab/fishing character. add lore to pearl, and it would follow the trend of all DLC characters being non-human
(Wortox, Wormwood, Wurt)

Just now, DarkPulse91 said:

so ive sorta been saying it may be a character like the crabby hermit.. (Its unlikely, but hey, might as well have some hopes of some kind)
because it would be an excuse to add a crab/fishing character. add lore to pearl, and it would follow the trend of all DLC character being non-human

Only thing that tells me she's human is her hands. Pearl has claws for hands. 

1 hour ago, Lumberlocke said:

For whatever reason I keep thinking Wanda is some sort of time traveller from the past, with steampunk vibes. Here's my concept, though I also really love Ruthenford's take.

image.png.9d3131ba59883ce39350b5e79768d836.png

That’s amazing, also adds a new insight that wasn’t considered before: maybe she’s not old, just dressed fancy.

1 hour ago, Lumberlocke said:

For whatever reason I keep thinking Wanda is some sort of time traveller from the past, with steampunk vibes. Here's my concept, though I also really love Ruthenford's take.

This concept is AMAZING!

Specially cause i think Wicker already has the "Old Lady" concept. These steampunk vibes not only look incredible, but i also feel this is a new direction that we havent seen in any character yet.

2 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

Didnt have to skill to draw but i thought of her as more of like a eccentric hyper overly enthusiastic scientist who is so invested she doesnt even do simple things like brush her own hair, very similar to the "coffee patch" lady from Meet the Robinsons 

Archived