A Breath of Fresh Air Update - Available Now! - 471618

I mean the base game - I can not find the 3 default worlds which currently show up in the main menu of the latest version of the base game :confused: I had checked in sandbox a bit earlier if its currently or forever the intention to keep it one size value to modify...It seems like it for now, at least until perhaps until more dlc`s come out someday.

So if we find that size value in a file, its just halfing it for fps sufferers.I mean the world in the base game is small by default already :flustered:

Can it be that they use some asteroid yaml map value(s) or have they banged in some value somewhere else, which they use for the 3 base game worlds form the main menu ? Cant find where they are taking the size from... :confused:

Are they nowadays taking the values from various places, like from example the subworld files ?

OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds\oil as example ? The Terra base game world has oil at the bottom...

@gabberworld

Edited by babba

37 minutes ago, babba said:

Base game - I can not find the 3 default worlds which currently show up in the main menu of the latest version of the base game. :confused: @gabberworld

Terra = SandstoneDefault.yaml

Oceania = Oceania.yaml

Rime = SandstoneFrozen.yaml

Verdante = ForestLush.yaml

Arboria = ForestDefault.yaml

Volcanea = Volcanic.yaml

The Badlands = Badlands.yaml

Aridio = ForestHot.yaml

Oasisse = Oasis.yaml

that should be it, they seems change those little bit , was harder find out what is what

37 minutes ago, babba said:

Are they nowadays taking the values from various places, like from example the subworld files ?

OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds\oil as example ? The Terra base game world has oil at the bottom...

@gabberworld

yes they take info from those other files as well , its been always like that as far i know.

you could make own map as well like that, like this minimapdlc is done

Edited by gabberworld
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

Terra = SandstoneDefault.yaml

Oceania = Oceania.yaml

Rime = SandstoneFrozen.yaml

Verdante = ForestLush.yaml

Arboria = ForestDefault.yaml

Volcanea = Volcanic.yaml

The Badlands = Badlands.yaml

Aridio = ForestHot.yaml

Oasisse = Oasis.yaml

that should be it, they seems change those little bit , was harder find out what is what

yes they take info from those other files as well , its been always like that as far i know.

you could make own map as well like that, like this minimapdlc is done

Thanks @gabberworld :p I forgot a lot of stuff, its so many years ago...Back then it didn`t make much difference when they banged on further small tile amounts to the main file. Must say...the base game map is small compared to the dlc stuff. Nowadays with the multiple dlc asteroids, that pulls a big total tile chunk.

Wrapping it up:

I someone wants to heavily reduce tile amount of the terra base game map, one needs to reduce the size of the SandstoneDefault.yaml

image.png.51fe9b3849f4f5652e93e30be602b727.png

The files to edit can be found here:

\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen

If one wants to spend more time on further reducing tile amounts, then its editing the sizes stuff of associated yaml file ( lava, geysers etc. ).

Its a bit of work and requires some time to see how the map generation then plays out practically, but its still basic text editing of clear text values.

I find it is worth to spend some time on reducing map tiles, doubling the fps is always fun if one is suffering...At least for me :excitement:

Playing my monster size map now :lol:

Edited by babba

Base game saves are marked as save game for space out dlc. I dont have spaced out dlc. I tried to play the game with the new breath of fresh air update but it somehow ruined the save game file too. Now i cant access the save game file created in the base game even with the use of "public_previous_version" of steam.

This seems like gross negligence on part of the developers or done with malicious intent to force the users of base game shift to spaced out. (Dont be like APPLE KLEI). Either way this has been worst update in the history particularly in the manner in which it is implemented.

No advanced heads-up to users, unwanted changed to the base game which should have been part of the dlc, no option to rollback. The developers are really ruining their reputation. LEAVE THE BASE GAME ALONE. We purchased it and we dont want anymore of your "updates"

Save game file attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1mzGE-vW7FC_cnj17NSBEDZd1r9g8AK/view?usp=sharing

Also, what @gabberworld greatly mentioned with the animations - If one wants to get further FPS out of the system, perhaps there is mods which disable things like the games animations and such. So if one is interested one can dig the Steam Workshop or this ONI forum deep to figure out other ways and means to get more FPS out of the game. There is also various posted threads and the entire internet on how to find out to get more out of a system`s hardware for gaming, I love my +40% FPS ONI tuned computer.

Wantz to play my map now ! Huuuuungrrrryyyyyyyy for ONI :afro: YES !

Edited by babba

47 minutes ago, babba said:

Also, what @gabberworld greatly mentioned with the animations - If one wants to get further FPS out of the system, perhaps there is mods which disable things like the games animations and such. So if one is interested one can dig the Steam Workshop or this ONI forum deep to figure out other ways and means to get more FPS out of the game. There is also various posted threads and the entire internet on how to find out to get more out of a system`s hardware for gaming, I love my +40% FPS ONI tuned computer.

Wantz to play my map now ! Huuuuungrrrryyyyyyyy for ONI :afro: YES !

they probaply can increase allot performance by disable animation for those what you cant see in screen, i can play my 7000 cycle game kind off good tho soo it not that bad atm

Edited by gabberworld

33 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

they probaply can increase allot performance by disable animation for those what you cant see in screen, i can play my 7000 cycle game kind off good tho soo it not that bad atm

Still haven`t got to play ONI...Doh ! You want to share your save file here ? I find save files great to snoop around and peoples can also reference for FPS and such on their systems, a 7000 cycle base sounds exciting :distracted: Only if you want, no pressure :cool-new:

Edited by babba

Thank you :p Will check it out. I just had a curious peek at converting 2017 ONI saves of mine, hard to figure out for me what the converter actually did with it.

Ah I see, converting of base game files works in the dlc mode...Loading works switching back from dlc to the base game, got it ``

Ah the result of my 2017 saves is as expected, chrrrrchrrrrrrhahaha :lol::flustered: Its old museum saves.

image.thumb.png.6ebcabcdee2f19d8f1f93391e874fb97.png

I`m doing it for giggles anyway, maybe the problem was that I started the conversion in dlc mode and then loaded it in base game mode. Maybe these saves actually would have worked until recently, who knows :hopelessness:

Whatever, need to check gabbers world save...That is more interesting :ghost:

@gabberworld

Hahaha, I love that loading your save directly starts with an alarm sound, yellow alarm screen frame and tons of regolith trash dropping from the sky ! Thats a sweet action cookie, already loving it :x Can`t wait until we get Plutonium !

Need to snoop your base out in detail :cool-new::distracted: ...Love your rocket parking lot !

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

17 minutes ago, babba said:

Thank you :p Will check it out. I just had a curious peek at converting 2017 ONI saves of mine, hard to figure out for me what the converter actually did with it.

Ah I see, converting of base game files works in the dlc mode...Loading works switching back from dlc to the base game, got it ``

Ah the result of my 2017 saves is as expected, chrrrrchrrrrrrhahaha :lol::flustered: Its old museum saves.

image.thumb.png.6ebcabcdee2f19d8f1f93391e874fb97.png

I`m doing it for giggles anyway, maybe the problem was that I started the conversion in dlc mode and then loaded it in base game mode. Maybe these saves actually would have worked until recently, who knows :hopelessness:

Whatever, need to check gabbers world save...That is more interesting :ghost:

i try 2019 version ones what i have, and those are not better

oopsy.thumb.png.332e7a9cbf826380bce96226370e09e2.png

im not able play because i just cant close that popup what is in screen,

----

never mind, esc button worked for that.

20 minutes ago, babba said:

@gabberworld

Hahaha, I love that loading your save directly starts with an alarm sound, yellow alarm screen frame and tons of regolith trash dropping from the sky ! Thats a sweet action cookie, already loving it :x Can`t wait until we get Plutonium !

Need to snoop your base out in detail :cool-new::distracted: ...Love your rocket parking lot !

thanks, its kind basic game play, no hurry with mass dupe army

@babba does it run smoothly for you?

Edited by gabberworld
  • Sad Dupe 1

Great that your stuff works :p @gabberworld

Its the first time in ages I`m seeing the base game in action again...With your save file. I`m loving it, thank you very much for sharing :x

It reminds me of all the map work I put in to stuff before the dlc. You have got wonderful rocket automation in your save file !

Map nitpicking below is only for Klei`s base-game-update performance and user complaint reasons on the game:

Its mega obvious for me how drastic the change for players must be, for those complaining about the complexity and mega grind of the dlc. Sure, DLC is great...But user complaints of "Its 2 different games" are understandable.

The basic game seems like a relaxing casual game compared to the DLC, me looking at it after half a year. I directly had to think of looking at Tetris with your map ( some overwhelmingly great Tetris game/map ! )

My idea would be that this exact map(size), and its map features, should be better presented... in a very nice way within the dlc as welcome screen. Currently the dlc menu choice design style between classic and dlc is IMHO disappointing and boring. As people are coming from the base game, Klei should offer this choice screen with better and heartful design presentation in the dlc - Perhaps even with speech lines as one hovers above the 2 play style choices menu in the dlc, making it clear to the player what these 2 choices ( classic or dlc ) are about.

Your base game map ( 30 FPS here/30MB save ) is running with less than expected frame rate, compared to my personal dlc play experience. I think Klei will ( hopefully ) soon/someday get 30-60% more FPS out of the base game mode.

Looking at the amount of built stuff, things hopping,falling and flying around, your automation - Klei is clearly currently FPS under performing in the updated base game mode. @Ipsquiggle Save file re-attached if Klei want to use it for their FPS work.

P.S. dlc owners would like to also see another min. +30% fps speed (rather soon) :afro: Gamers are a greedy lot !

image.thumb.png.0ba687d9b5d49c870b0614599d802807.png     

gabberworld base game map.sav

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, babba said:

Great that your stuff works :p @gabberworld

Its the first time in ages I`m seeing the base game in action again...With your save file. I`m loving it, thank you very much for sharing :x

It reminds me of all the map work I put in to stuff before the dlc. You have got wonderful rocket automation in your save file !

Map nitpicking below is only for Klei`s base-game-update performance and user complaint reasons on the game:

Its mega obvious for me how drastic the change for players must be, for those complaining about the complexity and mega grind of the dlc. Sure, DLC is great...But user complaints of "Its 2 different games" are understandable.

The basic game seems like a relaxing casual game compared to the DLC, me looking at it after half a year. I directly had to think of looking at Tetris with your map ( some overwhelmingly great Tetris game/map ! )

Your base game map ( 30 FPS here/30MB save ) is running with less than expected frame rate, compared to my personal dlc play experience. I think Klei will ( hopefully ) soon/someday get 30-60% more FPS out of the base game mode.

From the amount of built stuff, things hopping and flying around, your automation - Klei is clearly currently FPS under performing in the updated base game mode. @Ipsquiggle Save file re-attached if Klei want to use it for their FPS work.

gabberworld base game map.sav 29.62 MB · 0 downloads

they fixed finally the Tagbits issue in base game only as well, this save game crashed all the time  before this update.

it was fixed in dlc tho at sometime ago

also makes me fonder, im only one who actually play this? as i not seen that someone else reported that issue , lol

Edited by gabberworld

• Developer
On 7/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, SVV said:

Am I the only one who got strange background colors for biomes with update?

image.png

Just want to confirm that Ocean, Rust, and Forest received new backgrounds as they were previously using the Sandstone background.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

guys maybe you want disable v-sync for game? i think it was enabled by mistake when you switch to new unity engine?

someone complain about that 60fps limiting

tho game fill start use allot cpu when its enabled soo dunno

Edited by gabberworld

Oh, this is fun.  The liquid pump is slowly making infinite nuclear waste.  It picks up 39.6g of waste.  This turns into packets of 39.6g and 26.4g in the pipe.  Then 39.6g leaks out of the pump.  With a blank in between, it's averaging 22g/s.

Ok, it eventually stopped, but we produced a couple hundred KG before that.

In addition to making the resources list far less useful (it used to be collapsible, sorted by type, and a simple mouse over would show how much was allocated to tasks vs. how much I had [like how much aluminum {refined} ] vs. now I have to go to a menu and add the specific resource to be viewed, so I constantly must revise that list.)

The consumables still don't line up.  HOW many updates has this gone through?

I clicked the icon for MEAT, to make it non-consumable, because I want to make it only edible after it is cooked to Barbecue...  This is the display that results.  Before and after.  Tell me this makes sense.

Meat, Mushbar, or Muckroot allowed?  The icons don't align over the column they are 'checked' yes or no on.  The first column appears to be "Meal lice" but the game won't render it as an icon?  I've been dealing with this for over 3,000 hours of play (I haven't dared look at my played time on steam for a long time now) Meal lice USED to be an icon.  But even then the columns never lined up in the last 1,000+ hours of play.  Apparently the icon for meal lice vanished in the recent update, complicating matters more.  First column is Meal Lice, but the first icon is Nutrient Bar.which is now the second column?  It was difficult enough (if I were one of those who actually micromanaged "this duplicant can eat this, but this tasteless duplicant will eat that" type of player.  But this is a bit ridiculous.  They used to be half column offset, now they are 1 1/2 column offset.

Meat.jpg

mushbar.jpg

muckroot.jpg

• Sad Dupe 1

16 minutes ago, QuantumPion said:

I am noticing quite worse performance as well. I have a 5900X so my system is no slouch. My colonies seem to crawl down to 20-25 fps once they get around 100 cycles old.

this kind stuff may also happen because off poorly coded mod, soo question is to you have any mod?