"Latecomers" Verdant Skins

4 hours ago, PandoPon said:

A bit offtop, but darnit I want Lunar Island Themed sets so bad

It's either probably coming eventually and Klei taking their sweet time to make one of the best skin sets ever, or they're not doing it because of the whole "no more lunar mobs" thing.

6 hours ago, PandoPon said:

A bit offtop, but darnit I want Lunar Island Themed sets so bad

honestly, lunar island skins and a thulecite one would like cool too (also someone already designed a set for all the characters)

Well hopefully all characters will end up getting a skin from all collections. As things stand, there is a bit of disparity between characters:

1465288031_SkinJuly.thumb.png.cdb2681e68ac91a8b6e1e0f791d15858.png

Verdant and Contender skins sit at a bit weird spot as they are marked as Year of the Varg and Year of the Pig King collections respectively and unlike collections like Costume and Merrymaker, those aren't events that come every year. But, they did expand both collections to new characters after their launch and nature/wrestling aren't strictly locked to Year of the Varg/Pig King themes so hopefully all characters will get one eventually. I'd especially love Contender skins (and relevant belongings) for all survivors. Same applies to the two Forge collections but I'm sure they'll add Gladiator and Magmatic latecomer sets at a later time on the same vein as Victorian.

Another thing to ponder is what will the situation of new characters be in the future. At least one DLC character was announced for 2021 and more might come in subsequent years, be it through DLCs, Reworks or both. As such unless they come with Victorian and Hollowed nights skins, these collections will become incomplete again so will they be added into the latecomer sets or start out even more disadvantaged than our 5 latecomer characters with even less (likely 3) skins?

Also hopefully we will get brand new collections in the future. Besides the character specific collections, Merrymaker (Winter's Feast 2019) was the last collection. Lunar and Ancient are some really great suggestions. I'd also love to see some of the character specific collections expanded too all characters- like who wouldn't like desert/Arabic (Oasis Bound), Greek Mythology (Minataur), Sports (Team Player), Steam punk (Industrious), Aquatic (Trawler)... etc. themed collections.

6 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

1465288031_SkinJuly.thumb.png.cdb2681e68ac91a8b6e1e0f791d15858.png

wolfgang and wx have more skins then wilson and that suprises me

and wx has one skin from every set, just no extra. that'll change when they get a rework though, p cool chart

edit: didnt see if before but winona also has one skin for every set. +1 extra. she currently has the most skins

15 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

wolfgang and wx have more skins then wilson and that suprises me

and wx has one skin from every set, just no extra. that'll change when they get a rework though, p cool chart

edit: didnt see if before but winona also has one skin for every set. +1 extra. she currently has the most skins

seems like some characters are still missing their extra skins

On 7/15/2021 at 4:41 AM, Rylanor said:

I recently started to collect Verdant skins for all survivors and noticed that many of them actually lack them. Of course originaly it was supposed that half will get "spring" verdant skins and half will get "winter" snowfallen skins, but then Wilson & Wolfgang had their verdant skins, in addition to already existed snowfallen, same story with WX-78 & Winona. So, is there is any possibility verdant skins might get "latecomers" chest akin to Victorian ones?

yes, iirc one of the devs said they wanted to finish the sets and I think they might have also said that at the same time if they dont make new sets people will might get bored/upset over it, I could be totally shitting myself tho

7 hours ago, SkyistheGround said:

has anyone noticed this?

wording here is interesting to me-- "original" verdant spring chest

nmnmnmnm.PNG.4a7761b806152818fc45f50aa39fa4ca.PNG

The word "original" is probably just to distinguish the original 6 Verdant sets with the 2 newer ones (Wilson and Wolfgang).

Archived