[Game Update] - 469733

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Even if the trap did work, is having to trap your own followers to pick them up any more intuitive than having to dismiss, pick them up and retame them all?

If trapped spiders remained loyal, I think it would be more intuitive since Webber wouldn't hurt them and they seem to be not very intelligent to connect Webber actions and being trapped. Dismissing, on the other hand, is direct opposite of desired effect, and is workaround of the fact, that tamed spiders don't fall asleep due to natural reasons.

I think Webber is meant to be able to take with him his followers as a unique upside, but at a cost. However, I do agree that panflute/napsack is too high cost, and dismissing strategy is unintuitive (and won't work if server has no day). What if one-man band music soothed spiders and they would fall asleep?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

@zarklord_klei
what does "symbol" in the context of the update? is that code related? some new graphics? lines to the description?

A "symbol" is an art asset, or a "sprite".
This would mean some issues with the art have been fixed.
For examples these are symbols!
image.png.48dc8a1915cc4a6d64fcdea75161268f.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -Variant said:

A "symbol" is an art asset, or a "sprite".
This would mean some issues with the art have been fixed.
For examples these are symbols!
image.png.48dc8a1915cc4a6d64fcdea75161268f.png

What's a hairpig? OMG is Klei gonna add a new type of pig? :O

• Haha 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 2

I would give decorated dens some resistance of how much damage or hits they can take before it loses the decorations, currently it takes one hit to lose decorations and there are many thing that can damage it, hounds, an riled up Abigail, batilisks, giants, etc. 

Maybe the only way to remove the decorations could by shaving them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Even if the trap did work, is having to trap your own followers to pick them up any more intuitive than having to dismiss, pick them up and retame them all?

I don't even mind having to tame them again since it seems they made it so you tame 3 at once again and boosted the range it seems but I really do want to be able to pick up your followers without traps my personal idea is that they could make the shoo box put spiders to sleep instead since it's kinda useless in it's current state

3 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I would give decorated dens some resistance of how much damage or hits they can take before it loses the decorations, currently it takes one hit to lose decorations and there are many thing that can damage it, hounds, an riled up Abigail, batilisks, giants, etc. 

Maybe the only way to remove the decorations could by shaving them.

I could have tested wrong but from what I remember when i tried afew days ago the only thing that seemed to remove follower status was if a player or follower hurt them.

6 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

What's a hairpig? OMG is Klei gonna add a new type of pig? :O

Wilba confirmed for sma-errr dst

By the way is it possible we could have it where the spiders despawn when we leave the server? In it's current state of your playing with someone and they walk past the area you left them to go to the caves or bathroom the spiders will scatter and you'll still lose loyalty.

Edited by Mysterious box
  • Potato Cup 1

14 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Bedazzled or follower spiders no longer have a negative sanity aura on non-Webber players

Awesome.  I didn't realize this was a thing until someone complained I was hurting their sanity with my ball o' spiders in the base.

Only other thing that was anti-team/annoying was having a passive un-riled Abigail in the base that'd float on over and start hitting the spiders despite them being friendly.

11 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

@zarklord_klei
what does "symbol" in the context of the update? is that code related? some new graphics? lines to the description?

Every visible entity is a set of images, and these images can be lumped into a subset group called a symbol.  Symbols can be turned on/off on the fly in the game with the biggest example being the torch arm for a player.  When all symbols are shown you'll see the character have three arms because normally the item holding arm is hidden if there's no item.  These symbols are arbitrary but have names to be used in the code.  Example from the Extended Sample Character:

image.png.665e6eef009b99420395af693f9fcbc5.png

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

7 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Awesome.  I didn't realize this was a thing until someone complained I was hurting their sanity with my ball o' spiders in the base.

Only other thing that was anti-team/annoying was having a passive un-riled Abigail in the base that'd float on over and start hitting the spiders despite them being friendly.

Every visible entity is a set of images, and these images can be lumped into a subset group called a symbol.  Symbols can be turned on/off on the fly in the game with the biggest example being the torch arm for a player.  When all symbols are shown you'll see the character have three arms because normally the item holding arm is hidden if there's no item.  These symbols are arbitrary but have names to be used in the code.  Example from the Extended Sample Character:

image.png.665e6eef009b99420395af693f9fcbc5.png

This was the main issue when Webber came back to base with befriended spiders. It's changing Webber to finally work as team player!

- also.. ty so much for explaining the symbol thing to me! appreciate it!

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I could have tested wrong but from what I remember when i tried afew days ago the only thing that seemed to remove follower status was if a player or follower hurt them.

I'm referring to decorated spider dens, if they are hit once they lose the decorations so spiders become hostile again and a potential Spider Queen can spawnif it's tier 3.

7 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

I'm referring to decorated spider dens, if they are hit once they lose the decorations so spiders become hostile again and a potential Spider Queen can spawnif it's tier 3.

I was talking about the same. Again tho I only tested it once about a week ago.

Edited by Mysterious box

I don't think the patch was applied to Console.  

Played last night, Webber still runs normal over webs, spiders are still aggressive to other players and keep killing chester, glommer, and walls without abandon.  Raw meat still = bad to Webber on console.

Just wondering if we are gonna get all the fixes to Webber or if that was just a little treat for the PC users only?

47 minutes ago, Deimos85 said:

I don't think the patch was applied to Console.  

Played last night, Webber still runs normal over webs, spiders are still aggressive to other players and keep killing chester, glommer, and walls without abandon.  Raw meat still = bad to Webber on console.

Just wondering if we are gonna get all the fixes to Webber or if that was just a little treat for the PC users only?

Patches take longer to come to console cause of the certification process.

• Like 2