RoT/Newhome Datamining thread, art, sounds, and more! (Expansion/unused content spoilers!!)

On 6/30/2021 at 8:11 AM, Wardin25 said:

not to criticise you or the guy who originally leaked all these, but now im 90% certain theres no chance anything leaked is getting used now

well i mean wurt was leaked before her release and she was still released but like others said this stuff is ancient so it had little chance of getting in anyway

4 hours ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

Pretty sure the "new character" is just something from newhome. It's naming convention is in-line with the newhome files for characters rather than what we have here in DST.

I had thought that at first too but the artstyle is vastly different... The naming convention lines up but otherwise I'm unsure. The art style doesn't match anything else in the game, not even the other characters who share a file name. I've yet to find them in the game itself too, I just wonder what era of development they're from.
unknown.png

• Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

well i mean wurt was leaked before her release and she was still released but like others said this stuff is ancient so it had little chance of getting in anyway

yeah but in that case all we got was the head shape and her name if i remember correctly, these are the complete mob files

40 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

yeah but in that case all we got was the head shape and her name if i remember correctly, these are the complete mob files

true true but hey lot of this stuff is ancient and will never see the light of day so the op didn't really change anything

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -Variant said:

I had thought that at first too but the artstyle is vastly different... The naming convention lines up but otherwise I'm unsure. The art style doesn't match anything else in the game, not even the other characters who share a file name. I've yet to find them in the game itself too, I just wonder what era of development they're from.
unknown.png

Have you compared it to the "piedpiper" skin? I havent seen it myself so im just curious. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

Have you compared it to the "piedpiper" skin? I havent seen it myself so im just curious. 

There's 2 Pied piper skins, one male and one female. The skins/characters in Newhome are player made, but this one seems to be the closest looking one!
I sort of see some minor similarities, I'm starting to think this might've been an early draft before they settled on the blocky artstyle.
image.thumb.png.c682f87731867bbfe33c0633f230efa1.png

EDIT: There was another character who went under the same file name as her. Included her in. (Pink haired one.)

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 4

Now here's a rather pretty looking menu I just came across.
Unsure what it's intentions are for, it's entirely out of style for it to be Newhome which sparks my curiosity. 
loginmenu.thumb.png.268173b0bbff73fdb773a9e4010a5859.png
EDIT: There's another one!
loginmenu1.thumb.png.252c08ba0faaa75bf5c909fb9cedf0dd.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 17
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Unsure what it's intentions are for, it's entirely out of style for it to be Newhome which sparks my curiosity. 

Cabinet of Dr Caligari vibes, expecially with the claustrophobic framing.

I notice something interesting on the top left. Some kind of shadow creature I haven't seen before.

• Like 2

Someone had asked if there was anything Hamlet house style related and I had said no, forgot who they were, hoping they see this.
I've come across these walls but again, this seems to be it.
(I don't think these are used at least, it's been a hot second since I've checked.)

Spoiler

image.png.2f94d38e327e4cff482a8ce8a77fde9b.pngimage.png.534a35b6146630bd235ad82d4e1c0aec.png

There's also this, it's called a... "jiejie"

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Like 6
  • GL Happy 1

57 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Someone had asked if there was anything Hamlet house style related and I had said no, forgot who they were, hoping they see this.
I've come across these walls but again, this seems to be it.
(I don't think these are used at least, it's been a hot second since I've checked.)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2f94d38e327e4cff482a8ce8a77fde9b.pngimage.png.534a35b6146630bd235ad82d4e1c0aec.png

There's also this, it's called a... "jiejie"

Hide contents

unknown.png

jiejie is apparently Chinese for "Older Sister".

I can't imagine that that's supposed to mean, but if that's something from Newhome I would be very surprised.

---------------------------------------------
Also;

Here's a video of an animated overlay named shadow_bishop_over, I assume it would play when the shadow bishop is attacking you.

I assume its new (relative to the leaks, of course), I haven't seen it before and its not in the games files.

Wonder why it went unused? Maybe it was annoying in playtesting?

Edited by Scrimbles
  • Like 7
  • GL Happy 2

9 hours ago, -Variant said:

Now here's a rather pretty looking menu I just came across.
loginmenu.thumb.png.268173b0bbff73fdb773a9e4010a5859.png
EDIT: There's another one!
loginmenu1.thumb.png.252c08ba0faaa75bf5c909fb9cedf0dd.png

New Don't Starve DLC, let's go!

Spoiler

Haha! That was a joke... I wish it was true though...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

jiejie is apparently Chinese for "Older Sister".

I guess it's more likely to be "bound".(结界)

Or they just have random names. I saw that the pig with the mask and the saw was called "Jiaolian," which, if it's chinese pinyin, could be "coach" or "hinge," and obviously neither of them is right. (I even found an image that said "Artist didn't show up for work today." haha)

BTW, I didn't find this "jiejie" in the file, is game has been updated?

quagmire_drawer

Spoiler

atlas-0.png.8b6347d9620d9bdabe24074fd75edd07.png

quagmire_gate

Spoiler

We've seen this before in concept art.

atlas-0.png.2218d696119a7550628a4381ddd4f538.png

quagmire_silver

Spoiler

atlas-0.png.fe62eccb13bf39a974d3c8fba5732ff1.png

quagmire_tentacle_root

Spoiler

It's obviously another version of the swamp tentacle.

atlas-0.png.5e22dcef766ead0255faeafc2dd27748.png

I also found Weevole, it called "quagmire_beetle", perhaps that means it was designed as part of the event.

I can probably see why gorge was called quagmire...

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -Variant said:
Spoiler

image.png.1729915e832fdc41dd901b5f3a916b5d.png

Would porting this drawer as a unique chest for my Decor Galore mod for DS:Hamlet be against the community guidelines or is it okay? Maybe a confirmation from the developers would be best?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Would porting this drawer as a unique chest for my Decor Galore mod for DS:Hamlet be against the community guidelines or is it okay? Maybe a confirmation from the developers would be best?

As long as you're not messing with skins you ought to be good! The devs have seen the leaks and have yet to say anything is off ground, JoeW had even talked a bit about it so far.
Seems to be in the clear. Some mods are even using some of the assets.

On that note if anything official comes up I'll be sure to plaster it everywhere all over this thread.

• Thanks 2

Thinking about the new biome Klei mentioned, with it being chilly and all. I recall there being unused Glacier strings, wanted to see if there was any art or anything. Found this, unsure if it's related or if it'll be in the update but its neat!
 tumbleweed_ice

Spoiler

tumbleiceroll.gif.097efcbc32b9f826e63af4eea251e200.giftumbleice.gif.606946dfd05c1c9d5c026adaff2d27b0.gif

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 4