Aight, Webber lore time

Sup, Webber is reworked and with those news came lore so let's check it out.

1. Wagstaff. The old man strikes once again and this time he brough something to Webber's father. Either a device which could act as a portal or a caged spider (will elaborate later). Webber's comedium describes Wagstaff as an aquiantance so I guess he and Webber's dad were friends/forbidden science enthusiasts. Compedium also mentiones that Wagstaff was 'beseeching' Webber's father to help him. We do not know if Webber's dad was smart with bugs, inventiones or both.

Spoiler

image.png.4f534228c3ecfa2ad3c0af9509fb8677.png

2. The spider. Judging by purple, dark energy surrounding it I'm guessing that the thing Webber broke was a teleporter. And it just so happened that by breaking it he created a rift which spawned a spider. The energy from the rift must have combined them togerther, y'know something like when 2 characters use the same teleporter in cartoons and come out as an abomination. However if it was just a glass cage for the spider then I do not know where to purple energy came from.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2d3123bfcbddfe7538fb56b6fc694f53.png

3. The farmstead. Klei potrayed it pretty well referring to Webber's quotes. His father did work on alchemy engine, had a beard and kept goats (which don't appear to be related to volt goats, they looked closer to Gorge goats)

4. How he was tricked into entering the Constant. Pretty obvious, Maxwell offered a way to un-spider.

5.Father's workshop. Aside from alchemy engine and Wagstaff's gift the workshop looks pretty normal. Microscope, framed butterflies, books and terrariums. There is a picture of people on the wall but I don't think it's important. In the next scene we can see the other side of the room and it looks like there are some Wagstaff-looking cages. Perhaps he did deliver a caged spider but I still don't udnerstand the energy or why the spdier wasn't shaking the cage.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.196a4aa07bf1f44dbcc1e5a9f1ea82d5.png

image.png.7366bb554c3f2976df7cf4e73b4c2268.png

6. Webber's appearance. While Klei hid his face we know that he had big white eyes, like Wendy. He had light brownish, curly hair. The rest of his apperance is the same as in his new skin... well maybe except the scarf.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9abcd62784fcd8ce6f189234f8e29369.png

image.png.b8c982f4721f5a1badf86719775cc6ca.png

image.png.fa6f00171176a0a51791b717307a06ce.png

3 minutes ago, rainman895 said:

I just gotta say Webber 100% had freckles even if we didn't see them

I can slightly imagine what his face might be like
Just take walter's face, make it match webbers skin color, add some slightly red freckles on his cheeks, and just put the face on webbers face.
That's how I imagine it.

While I do agree that Webber's dad has red hair and beard like Woodie, his facial features are almost identical to Wilson's (thin pointy nose, black beady eyes with bags, even distinguished eyebrows to some degree). I wonder if it has something to do with relation or it's just the art style.

19 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I'm guessing that the thing Webber broke was a teleporter

No, I don't think so, It was kind of faraday cage to protect humans from the spider. Webber broke it and spider attacked im.  I believe it because we saw same similiar "getting creatures from DST world" thing on one of the puzzles. Maxwell somehow teleported a rabbit to the world. So that shows teleporting creatures from that world to our world is kinda easy.
image.png.1937cf621c5e3ba13eb99c8d4111502f.png

Waggstaf got the spider somehow and took it someone know spiders biology better for further research, like Webber's dad. I understand he is probably kind of entomologist on the start of trailer and I became sure when see all that bugs on his wall. If even he is not, he is kind of zoologist but entomologist make more sense to me.

31 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Maxwell offered a way to un-spider.

Also as we see, Maxwell is a true his word person but we didn't see webber turned human. Also, we still don't know anything about why or how Webber died in DS world.

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

it's probably safe to assume a child in wilderness doesn't last long, half-spider or not

He looks much much younger than Wendy and Walter so that makes sense to me.

35 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

2. The spider. Judging by purple, dark energy surrounding it I'm guessing that the thing Webber broke was a teleporter. And it just so happened that by breaking it he created a rift which spawned a spider. The energy from the rift must have combined them togerther, y'know something like when 2 characters use the same teleporter in cartoons and come out as an abomination. However if it was just a glass cage for the spider then I do not know where to purple energy came from.

image.thumb.png.196a4aa07bf1f44dbcc1e5a9f1ea82d5.png

carepackage.png.59f81523e03711bfbc7f518bSo It's not a oxygen not Included care package. 5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Technically not Webber lore but if Wagstaff is able to teleport a spider out of the constant what's stopping him from teleporting himself and the other survivors out of the constant?  Assuming the thing he gave Webbers father is a teleporter from the constant and not just a cage.  

2 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

Technically not Webber lore but if Wagstaff is able to teleport a spider out of the constant what's stopping him from teleporting himself and the other survivors out of the constant?  Assuming the thing he gave Webbers father is a teleporter from the constant and not just a cage.  

Considering what happened with that spider (assuming its merging with Webber was because of something with the teleportation device and not some weird reaction between a Constant creature and the real world), I'd say the technology definitely isn't stable enough to be used like that

How did Wagstaff even bring a spider into the real world anyway?

3 hours ago, Slagger said:

Maxwell somehow teleported a rabbit to the world. So that shows teleporting creatures from that world to our world is kinda easy.

I guess I could understand Maxwell doing that, because he had the Codex Umbra with him, and could pull shadows out of it, why not a rabbit too? But Wagstaff did not have said book, unless he and Maxwell have spoken before (although I recall someone else mentioning that Wagstaff's quotes suggest that he has yet to inquire Maxwell about what he knows). I mean... if Wagstaff was able to somehow turn his radios and the gramaphones into communication links between the Constant and the real world, I guess he could have found a way to access the Constant. 

3 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

Also, I'm guessing Wagstaff lost the ability to access the real world on that day he was sucked into that portal and the factory collapsed. I dunno.

Oh, by the way, has nobody even thought about the likely possibility that Webber's real name... isn't actually Webber? I feel like nobody's even talked or speculated about what his real name is. If his parents did name him Webber tho... then dang. His parents inadvertently predicted the future lol.

Both Woodie's and Webber's quotes for inspecting Tam o' Shanter involve their grandfathers.

Webber: "Reminds me of grandpa."

Woodie: "My granddad wore a hat like this."

And now Webber's father kinda resembles Woodie. Maybe a coincidence, who knows. 

Archived