Question about Woodie's transformations

When Woodie turns into his various were beast forms, how much of each animal does he turn into? Does he get their anatomy? What if a moose antler breaks off, does he lose a part of his human form? Can he impregnate a goose in his were goose form? What would that baby be? 

24 minutes ago, UsedCabbage said:

When Woodie turns into his various were beast forms, how much of each animal does he turn into?

I think he doesn't turn into "the" animal he resembles, he turns into a mutant that vaguely looks like canadian animals.

26 minutes ago, UsedCabbage said:

Does he get their anatomy?

No? he seems to get the anatomy of a completely new being being a were-whatever. With stuff of his human forms and stuff from animals.

27 minutes ago, UsedCabbage said:

What if a moose antler breaks off, does he lose a part of his human form?

Woodie seems to retain all damage taken in wereforms and viceversa. If the game had gore elements and realism (which it doesn't) then I'm pretty sure that by losing pieces of the moose he'd appear as just a very wounded and bloodied Woodie.

30 minutes ago, UsedCabbage said:

Can he impregnate a goose in his were goose form? What would that baby be? 

From a biological point of view I think he is a unique being when he turns into wereforms, I doubt he can mate with anything while transformed as there are no other mutants like him. He may resemble a goose but he isn't exactly one. Species that have little differences sometimes can't mate, and he isn't any known species when transformed.
Also even if his body changes, his brain is always 100% Woodie, so he's loyal to Lucy.

I would argue that Woodie does not actually turn into an animal but more of a lunar monstrosity. It’s a mutation of flesh from man to monster, and instead of turning into, say, a goose, his once human form becomes goose-shaped. And the lunar magic corruption grants him certain abilities in this form: to walk, across land and water, at a faster speed. But Charlie is displeased and adds difficulties: draining his sanity, limiting time spent in the form.

He doesn’t gain the represented animal’s anatomy. Just it’s form. The reason he shifts to these specific forms is because of Woodie’s life and memories outside of the constant, combining with the moon’s corruption. 

Woodie does retain injury from is wereforms. But breaking and losing parts of the body in the constant works differently. Charlie with her schemes allows characters the ability to regenerate body parts with healing so that they can go through the pain and suffering of losing them all over again.

In the Constant, creatures do not reproduce through mating, but by themselves through a unisex process known as “babydelay” as one can see in the DST code files. That or, Charlie just takes care of it herself so she can stay in a pinnacle of control and power. Nevertheless, I stated before that Woodie does not turn into the actual animal anyhow.

There’s my hot take.

Archived