My Return of Them poll

My Return of Them poll  

115 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Return of Them's ocean content?

• I love it.
    • I like it.
    • I don't have a strong opinion on it.
    • I dislike it.
    • I hate it.
  2. 2. How do you feel about cats in real life?

• I love them.
    • I like them.
    • I don't have a strong opinion on them.
    • I dislike them.
    • I hate them.
  3. 3. How do you feel about snakes in real life?

• I love them.
    • I like them.
    • I dislike them.
    • I hate them.
  4. 4. How do you feel about bees in real life?

• I love them.
    • I like them.
    • I dislike them.
    • I hate them.

What a cat-loving community. That's nice.

Also, it's not that I don't likeĀ the ocean content that is there, like the seaweeds, Gnarwails, and the hugeĀ variety of fishes and fishing equipment, it's just that the result still looks barren. Would look even more so without the sea-stacks, but they still are too many, kinda ugly, and just an annoyance.

So... hard to vote.

And I wish the different depth levels had more contrasting colors, like in SW. That would make the ocean look less homogenous.

I don't know if this is or not some non sequitur/random-for-the-sake-of-random meme poll. I can see some connection between snakes andĀ planes future DST ocean content, but cats and bees go there as well as a fish and its bike. Yeah, that level of "lul".

This is gonna be a super unpopular opinion, but whatever here goes. I absolutely can't stand cats. Never liked them, but I can tolerate other people's cats no problem. Had two my whole life and they drove me nuts; but I adore dogs though. Cats to me are like balls of barbed wire covered in knives that pee on everything and bite you for the cardinal sin of existing. Dogs are like little sweetheart marshmallows that go ruff and love you no matter what even if you had 20 felonies stacked against you.

This guy gets it:

Also what's with artists and cats? I've never met an artist that didn't have at least 1-3 cats that walk all over their laptop. *cough cough, @minespatch *. It must be a right of passing that when you become an artist a cat chooses you as their servant and coffee will get spilled if left unattended.

4 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

I don't get what all this buzz is about

5d735d356e4f1_ReanimatedskeletonchannelsJerrySeinfeld.thumb.png.afad5984b18b1a67935a62b5e14c7b3e.png

3 hours ago, Owlrus said:

lso what's with artists and cats? I've never met an artist that didn't have at least 1-3 cats that walk all over their laptop. *cough cough, @minespatch *. It must be a right of passing that when you become an artist a cat chooses you as their servant and coffee will get spilled if left unattended.

I like that they're evil. They're little entertainment centers I can bully and hug. They sleep with me like siblings. I'm a only child, so my cats are adoptive siblings.Ā 

I don't see them as "masters", they're more like toddlers who want attention. It's fun to wrestle my kitty.

Bees are super important to the environment, so the fact only 27% of people love bees is a crime.

As for ocean content, it's fine, I guess. Pretty much all of it's content is side grades (salt box, lunar tools). Crab king needs an overhaul, for sure, a reason to re fight him outside of shell bells. Personally, I'd like to see what another user suggested be added, that being the trident gains infinite uses, does the same damage as a spear, and the spell does nothing, but you can socket it with gems that have durability, and do a number of things from increase damage, to changing the effects of the spell. As it stands, the trident's best use is uprooting bull kelp, and clearing out sea stacks when you're too lazy to mine them. At the very least it should do more than a dark sword's damage while on a boat, I mean come on, there's like, 2 bosses that it's useful for? Sure, you could use it to kill bee queen, but why not just use dark swords? They're cheaper, and only have 50 less uses. God I wish the trident was better.

The ocean also just feels... empty. Sure there is the occasional rockjaw or gnarwail, but other than that there's just rocks, fish shoals, and the lunar island. I want an incentive to explore the oceans. The sunken chests are nice, a bit infrequent but the loot they give is nice, they make for cool decorations as well, a shame you can't use them to store items. DST's ocean is definitely a colder ocean, given the presence of narwhals, bull kelp, and pengulls. I think it'd be cool if klei expanded on this theme, maybe adding glaciers where you could find polar bears, or seals. I'd love to see orcas in the game, possibly as tamable creatures, similar to beefalo, since orcas never really mess with humans, because they're intelligent enough to know that if humans see them as a threat, they'd be as good as dead. Ok that might not be fully true but it sounds really fun being able to ride an orca in dst, would be a cool way to replace boats.

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I think RoT's ocean suffers from a depressing lack of bees. We should have hollow sea stacks that house bees in it and release angry bees when you ram into them.

you gotta watch bee movie everytime you see bee just to neutralise

7 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I think RoT's ocean suffers from a depressing lack of bees. We should have hollow sea stacks that house bees in it and release angry bees when you ram into them.

I would prefered mutant bees in the LunarĀ Island that infect Lune Trees and make some sort of high sanity honey but low in health and hunger.

Archived