Maxwell specific animation?

Got to thinking about a possible Maxwell rework, and I had a thought: what would his character specific idle animation be? Every character (afaik) that has been refreshed has gotten their own character specific idle animation. It only makes sense that Maxwell would be the same.

Personally, I think him flipping through the Codex would be a good one, similarly to how Willow hugs Bernie from time to time. Or perhaps a sort of sarcastic gesture. What do you think?

He cares about his appearance a lot, maybe he straightens his clothes or smooths down his hair. Maybe brushes some dust from his sleeve.

Or, since he seems to be more aware of the fourth wall than some characters, maybe he does something where it's clear he's making a gesture at the player, even just a wink or something to let us know that he knows we're out here. Maybe as a rare secondary idle animation easter egg kind of thing.

11 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

Got to thinking about a possible Maxwell rework, and I had a thought: what would his character specific idle animation be? Every character (afaik) that has been refreshed has gotten their own character specific idle animation. It only makes sense that Maxwell would be the same.

Personally, I think him flipping through the Codex would be a good one, similarly to how Willow hugs Bernie from time to time. Or perhaps a sort of sarcastic gesture. What do you think?

I would want something similiar to Woodie's. He could take codex from his jacket and look it with sad face then put his jacket back. Would be good about lore and show how he is sad about what he done.

Or if Klei are not thinking about doing that, maxwell could make small nightmare tricks with his hand. Like a small nightmare fire or nightmare sparkles.

7 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Or if Klei are not thinking about doing that, maxwell could make small nightmare tricks with his hand. Like a small nightmare fire or nightmare sparkles.

Now THAT one is a good idea! Hadn't even considered it, but I think it would be neat!

7 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I would want something similiar to Woodie's. He could take codex from his jacket and look it with sad face then put his jacket back. Would be good about lore and show how he is sad about what he done.

My thoughts exactly. His quote for the bloody thing in the first place is 'I'm so sorry, Charlie'. Sad that Maxwell gets shoved to the back of the pack so often when he's such an important lore character, so I think this would be a good fit for him.

6 hours ago, Cassielu said:

If it wasn't for the skin system, I'd like to see him pluck the rose off his chest and look at it sadly.

characters pull objects out of seemingly nowhere all the time-- wendy takes a flower and picks it from behind her back, woodie and willow take out lyc and bernie respectively (a bit less out of nowhere, but the animation still plays even if those things aren't in the inventory) so he could pull out a rose behind his back, ignoring the skin system entirely

5 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

If he had the Codex Umbra in his inventory, he would take it out and flip through it maybe.

as mentioned above, woodie and willow still do their special idle animations, even when bernie and lucy aren't in their inventories. a valid suggestion!

I love the idea of maxwell doing a little wink towards the player as a rare idle animation. I'd also like to see maxwell do something with nightmare fuel/shadows. I hope his rework ends up being a sort of magic overhaul, I'd love to see him gain access to some magic crafts only he can use, cause as it stands, the former ruler of the world who has been touched by shadow magic, is best used to gather mundane resources like logs and rocks.

On 5/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, Wardin25 said:

He starts reading the codex umbra but quickly closes it when a shadow hand tries to attack him

if it did attack him and take him where would he go? constant 2 electric boogaloo?

Archived