[Spaced Out! Update] - 463874

Hello!

i am really impressed by all the accomplishements klei's done this year. the level that the game as evolved is crazy !!
I will throw a few comments/ideas down there. don't take any of these too seriously they are only opinions and thoughts

Spoiler

1-Food in vacuum is too easy to get away with,with waterlocks you can pretty much ignore the spoilage of it. 

2-Diseases need to be a lot harder when a harder difficulty level is selectionned (like lethal hard)

3-i think the cryo-pods would be a good power sink/solution for the end-game. to be able to pause a whole base to focus elsewhere.

4-I really hope you add a thermal reaction for the radbolts vs radbolts collisions :) Cold or heat would definitely make a change in the players inventions

5-i hope to see some  replenishable source of depleted uranium, to enrich with beetas or maybe just with powerful radiations.

6-Finally i think it might be interesting to stack mutations on plants once your mutated plants are again highly radioactive (the plant could need radiation to survive too)

edit:Konfigsys, Critters morphs are already really well covered by mods maybe they could include these in the game while using radiations to trigger them. at the moment you can craft them at the molecular forge.

Keep up that good work Klei
All this is VERY promising

• Like 1

Is the new plumbing/ventilation overlay as expected? It looks like you just cranked the contrast up to 1000. Personally, I think it looks really bad. It's much closer to the dark harsh look of Don't Starve, not the clean look it used to have.

Also, solid manual storage containers have a weird hue over the gauge that makes it hard to tell the colors apart while zoomed out. Liquid and Gas containers don't have the same hue, which makes this feel like a bug.

EDIT: Also, door permissions seem to have the same weird pale hue. See attachment.

2021-05-13_17-17-50.jpg

2021-05-13_17-12-41.jpg

2021-05-13_17-48-35.jpg

Edited by beeric
Add liquid container and door permissions
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The next patch will allow Wheat, Beans, and Gas Grass to actually mutate. Didn't quite get the fix in for today...  :tranquillity:

Good to know.   Since I noticed the artwork above shows a sleet wheat mutated.

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

The next patch will allow Wheat, Beans, and Gas Grass to actually mutate. Didn't quite get the fix in for today...  :tranquillity:

What about Pepper nuts?

• Like 1

this update made me change my negative review on steam to positive (I do recommend the DLC). 

it is not only about the update (although this one is very good as well as the bigger asteroid size) but about Klei attitude and ability to listen to the customers.

do not throw mutated tomato at me....uhmmmm, are they licey?

4 hours ago, Tytan said:

who thinks that the game is not about survival but about creating bases

I hope developers provide us with their Oni design philosophy. Do they think the same? The name is survival but with few tricks you are good to go. 

Most of the Oni players enjoy the early game (based on a recent reddit poll). I think one of the reason is that there are more challenges in the early game. The objective is to survive. But after that we have unlimited energy, water, food, with no objective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, my frame rate appears to have totally tanked with this new update. I started a new colony yesterday and I'm on cycle 100 with 14 dupes so there isn't a huge amount going on relatively speaking - to the extent where i only have 1 gas pipeline and 1 water line. Was running smoothly yesterday.

I've loaded in the save this morning and immediately the game is like a slideshow and is now almost unplayable. 

I'm not a tech wizard so you'll need to advise if you want further feedback.

My system stats are:

CPU - i5 @ 3.40GHz

Ram - 8Gb

Graphics - Geforce GTX 970

My system has no problem running games like Red Dead 2 so I don't think the problem is my end.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

3 hours ago, evilcat19xx said:

I hope developers provide us with their Oni design philosophy. Do they think the same? The name is survival but with few tricks you are good to go. 

Most of the Oni players enjoy the early game (based on a recent reddit poll). I think one of the reason is that there are more challenges in the early game. The objective is to survive. But after that we have unlimited energy, water, food, with no objective.

so, seriously:
everything I wrote in the previous post was sarcasm due to a post I made a few months ago saying that there was a lack of challenges in the game aimed at the end game, so I gave examples of aggressive mobs, something like that;
and some players came to complain saying that the objective of the game was never to survive but to build a base, that's why I said making fun of that post, that comments like yours would probably attract negative attention kkkkkkkk

but as i said at the beginning speaking seriously:
I believe that is what you said, the beginning of the game is challenging, and the end game is no longer
but this is common in every game, we play, we learn the mechanics, we know what to do and there is no more challenge, the only games that are not like that are exactly the rogue-like, exactly because of their thematic of always dying and restarting, but this is not common in oni, most players prefer to create a world and stay in it until the 6 million cycle because many are afraid or too lazy to start from scratch and stick to their base, which is normal, so I liked the idea of the asteroids to create new bases in the same game each focused on one thing, each one a power plant.
as i said it is normal in every game this, how many people do you know who keep finishing minecraft nonstop? most of the time people did it once and keep playing it to build their things, their houses, their bases, but in the end it is more aesthetic than useful

but for me it's that the more challenges, the more sci-fi the better

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hide contents

PeculiarPlants_notext.png

Can we get high quality image to be used as wallpaper for desktop if you don't mind? Please. Pleaaze.

It is with high quality. Something messed up on my side giving blurry image. :D

Edited by TheTickingTick

4 hours ago, Tytan said:

so, seriously:
everything I wrote in the previous post was sarcasm due to a post I made a few months ago saying that there was a lack of challenges in the game aimed at the end game, so I gave examples of aggressive mobs, something like that;
and some players came to complain saying that the objective of the game was never to survive but to build a base, that's why I said making fun of that post, that comments like yours would probably attract negative attention kkkkkkkk

but as i said at the beginning speaking seriously:
I believe that is what you said, the beginning of the game is challenging, and the end game is no longer
but this is common in every game, we play, we learn the mechanics, we know what to do and there is no more challenge, the only games that are not like that are exactly the rogue-like, exactly because of their thematic of always dying and restarting, but this is not common in oni, most players prefer to create a world and stay in it until the 6 million cycle because many are afraid or too lazy to start from scratch and stick to their base, which is normal, so I liked the idea of the asteroids to create new bases in the same game each focused on one thing, each one a power plant.
as i said it is normal in every game this, how many people do you know who keep finishing minecraft nonstop? most of the time people did it once and keep playing it to build their things, their houses, their bases, but in the end it is more aesthetic than useful

but for me it's that the more challenges, the more sci-fi the better

I think you are right, there is a lack of surprises like DST had in it's sleeve...much harder on the player it become but im cooly.yes you could fialo an 

with goals like trying to make the whole bases automatized...or To build all of your systems in new opimized M,achineOr rvrn ksgie

Every time a version was updated the year before last, there were a lot of videos updated by bloggers. This year, because there are too few updated content, the number of videos is very small, and the domestic forum is also very cold.

9 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

I guess that will be more like DST, not ONI.

what? how oni is not science fiction?

Sci-fi: that uses speculative, fictional science-based depictions of phenomena that are not fully accepted by mainstream science, such as extraterrestrial lifeforms, alien worlds, extrasensory perception and time travel, along with futuristic elements such as spacecraft, robots, cyborgs, interstellar travel or other technologies. Science fiction films have often been used to focus on political or social issues, and to explore philosophical issues like the human condition.

9 hours ago, O.J.Vodka said:

Every time a version was updated the year before last, there were a lot of videos updated by bloggers. This year, because there are too few updated content, the number of videos is very small, and the domestic forum is also very cold.

I think that there are so many changes the bloggers decided to let is settled. As soon as you do a new video it is irrelevant as the game mechanics are being changed.. I see it positively rather than negatively (the game devs are moving forward pretty well and are not afraid to make major changes to already released content in order to make the game much better). It is still in EA and when it is finished I consider there will be many videos. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

我认为有很多改变了决定让博客。 只要你做一个新的视频和游戏机制被改变了。 我看到它积极的而不是消极的(游戏开发者前进很好,不怕做重大修改已经发布的内容为了使游戏更好)。 它仍然在EA和完成时我认为会有很多视频。

You're making excuses

6 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

Why should I? I am not the developer, I have just talked to one blogger and he explained why he stopped for the time being making youtube videos for this DLC.

People who play DLC are rarely facts. Any other reason is an excuse. If Klei doesn't pay attention and indulges in vanilla's success, the consequences can be imagined. As a 2000 hour old player, I should say that I have given feedback.

16 hours ago, O.J.Vodka said:

Just wanted to let every body know that oxygen reddit thread is alive and well. There is also sh#tload of new video on YouTube ;)

• Developer

Fixed a crash where rockets and pads weren't correctly aware of each other during launch. This won't happen any further, but existing saves may require rebuilding the launchpad under the rocket before the rocket can successfully take off.

Just wanted to highlight this fix since we are seeing it in the crash reporter and it requires rebuilding the Rocket Platform to fix it. You can tell if you have this issue when launching a rocket crashes and you click the More Info button and see this text "Worker.StartWork(RocketControlStationLaunchWorkable)"

Edit: This has been fixed in 464793 and does not require rebuilding the launch pad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:19 AM, beeric said:

Is the new plumbing/ventilation overlay as expected? It looks like you just cranked the contrast up to 1000. Personally, I think it looks really bad. It's much closer to the dark harsh look of Don't Starve, not the clean look it used to have.

Also, solid manual storage containers have a weird hue over the gauge that makes it hard to tell the colors apart while zoomed out. Liquid and Gas containers don't have the same hue, which makes this feel like a bug.

EDIT: Also, door permissions seem to have the same weird pale hue. See attachment.

Dear Klei,

can you revert the change with hue?

It became difficult to see indicators and read texts. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 5:51 PM, KonfigSys said:

Dear Klei,

can you revert the change with hue?

It became difficult to see indicators and read texts. 

It is certainly harder to read for those with green/red color blindness.