I wonder when the Celestial Champion speedruns are gonna arrive.

I dont think anyone will speed run it in regular settings, waiting until day 56 is just too boring imo. I think Celestial Champion speed runs on a spring start would be really neat though! I'd love to see that. While I'm no epic professional speed runner myself I wanted to take a crack at speed running the champion on a spring start.

Hopefully there'll be some champion speedruns in the future :D

18 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I dont think anyone will speed run it in regular settings, waiting until day 56 is just too boring imo. I think Celestial Champion speed runs on a spring start would be really neat though! I'd love to see that. While I'm no epic professional speed runner myself I wanted to take a crack at speed running the champion on a spring start.

Hopefully there'll be some champion speedruns in the future :D

I am not an expert on all the RoT mechanics, expecially not the new update. Is there a reason, you have to wait till day 56 specifically?

15 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

a celestial champion speedrun is also a pearled crab king speedrun which is really obnoxious

I don't neccesarily mean 1-person speedrun. I'm thinking more like 3 people - basically 1 per each altar.

9 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I am not an expert on all the RoT mechanics, expecially not the new update. Is there a reason, you have to wait till day 56 specifically?

You need to get cactus flowers which are summer-exclusive to upgrade Pearls house, which you have to do to get the Pearl, so you can then get the Celestial Tribute, then you can summon the moon storm and defeat the champion soon after.

Just now, Hornete said:

You need to get cactus flowers which are summer-exclusive to upgrade Pearls house, which you have to do to get the Pearl, so you can then get the Celestial Tribute, then you can summon the moon storm and so on.

Oh. The wiki says you need 10lvl friendship and that you gain 1 lvl per each task. And there are more than 10 tasks there, so i thought this one isn't required.

Just now, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Oh. The wiki says you need 10lvl friendship and that you gain 1 lvl per each task. And there are more than 10 tasks there, so i thought this one isn't required.

Yeah, to get the Pearl you need her house fully upgraded and 10 tasks done. 

2 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

The house upgrades don't count as tasks? 

They do count as tasks, sorry if that wasn't clear.

So really you need to upgrade her house fully, and then do an additional 7 tasks. Hope that makes sense.

I would love seeing that, or a speedrun to kill all giants (there is one of single DS on Youtube from 2 years ago). Maybe the devs could make a structure or in-game event requiring the blueprints to all bosses' statues. Something like that, just so we could have a focal achievement for defeating all of them. Then you might even say DST speedrun any % or whatever, where the goal is making such structure/event.

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

I dont think anyone will speed run it in regular settings, waiting until day 56 is just too boring imo.

I'm not a speedrunner, but would setting the seasons to short or shorter be feasible?

As I've shown before, these two are not the hard ones, in any way, they require a bit of luck with generation just to get the staff and back up top for the mooncaller event itself.

Crab king is his own beast, and getting the pearl is even worse. What I would love to see, is a co-op speedrun, where one player handles these two while the other person handles pearl and crab king, this way time is fully optimized.

Just theory crafting at the moment is fun, I'll doubt I'll ever do anything, but if I have any good ideas I'll let you guys know

image.png.82ae467f505d9f1a40ca4d869db8f67c.png

I think it would be reasonable to just admit some things cannot be speedrunned the cool way, meaning there's a big required wait time into this one or just use it to prepare so much there will be very little hazard into this quest, especially from the count of exploit there is to make any of the required stuff to get to this boss. I'm not saying it's an unfunny challenge or what but there not much required to accomplish it but basic planning knowledge, the speed performance here would be quite optional and so anyone with patience could achieve it, which is cool but I'm not looking too much forward it.

11 minutes ago, ADM said:

I think it would be reasonable to just admit some things cannot be speedrunned the cool way, meaning there's a big required wait time into this one or just use it to prepare so much there will be very little hazard into this quest, especially from the count of exploit there is to make any of the required stuff to get to this boss. I'm not saying it's an unfunny challenge or what but there not much required to accomplish it but basic planning knowledge, the speed performance here would be quite optional and so anyone with patience could achieve it, which is cool but I'm not looking too much forward it.

Speedrunning isn't about beating something in under an hour, as long as they beat it, it counts. The fun comes in trying to optimize it, someone out there will speedrun it, no matter how long.

32 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Speedrunning isn't about beating something in under an hour, as long as they beat it, it counts. The fun comes in trying to optimize it, someone out there will speedrun it, no matter how long.

That's pretty much what I was thinking about yeah, just that there is not a lot to optimize than the initial road of events to take on this one, outside of usual things you need to beat out any boss

23 minutes ago, ADM said:

That's pretty much what I was thinking about yeah, just that there is not a lot to optimize than the initial road of events to take on this one, outside of usual things you need to beat out any boss

I think there's a lot to optimize in co-oping this speedrun.

I see some people don't know the jist of what needs to be done, so here's what you would need to do generally, whether or not it's a speedrun.

To get to and kill the Celestial Champion, you'd need to:

1. Go to ruins and get a Star Caller Staff and Deconstruction Staff.

2. Do the Moon Stone Event and convert the Starcaller staff into a Moon Caller Staff. The Decon staff is used to get the Opal Gem from this staff.

3. Turn the power on in the archives and get the Astral Detector BP from the puzzle room for the Celestial Sanctum Pieces.

4. Do the Hermit Quests. You MUST complete Pearl's house, which requires Cactus Flower, which requires the Summer season. (Have fun with the Cookie Cutter Shell RNG btw, since you need 10 of them, unless you do dupe strats with the cookie cutter hat). Completing Pearl's house counts as 3 tasks, and you need 10 tasks total, so you need to do 7 of the following tasks.

• Plant 10 flowers
  • Dry 6 food items on the drying racks
  • Fertilze 8 berry bushes.
  • Remove all underwater salvagables
  • Kill the Lureplant that spawns on the island (one is guranteed to spawn during Spring)
  • Umbrella, Pretty Parsol or Eyebrella when it's raining.
  • A warm coat when it's snowing (puffy vest, hibernation vest, dapper vest, or raincoat)
  • A flower salad to eat (again, requires Summer).
  • 5 heavy ocean fishes (not counting seasonal fishes)
  • A heavy Autumn fish
  • Heavy Winter Fish
  • Heavy Spring Fish
  • Heavy Summer fish

Each of the seasonal fish count as their own task. If I remember the code right, the seasonal fish must be heavy as well (I'm on mobile so I'm not checking anytime soon).

5. Kill Pearled Crab King.

6. Socket all three celestial Pieces (Altar, Crown, & Sanctum) to spawn the Moon Storm event.

7. Complete Wagstaff's minigame 3 times for the needed 3 Restrained Static.

8. Get 15 Moon Gleams, 30 Infused Shards, and the Celestial Orb. With bad enough RNG, the orb might spawn as late as day 60 (yes, it happens). For the Infused Shards, you've got 90 secs to get that to the Lunar Island to complete the Containment unit. Use either bundles, gift wraps if you turn Winter's Feast on, or telelocate yourself on and off the island how many times you need to.

9. Kill the Celestial Champion. I don't know if 25% speed bonus is required for this fight. If it is, get a Magi and/or cane or be Mighty Wolfgang or Wortox, whatever way you deal with phase 2 or the boss in general.

You figure out how you're going to kill the bosses, I think I've written enough :>

4 hours ago, lakhnish said:

[snip]

Thanks for the list. I really do think it would be an exciting speedrun, (it might even require killing Bee Queen for the bundling wraps), but there's still the possibility of having to sit around waiting for summer for the flowers. People can be very impressive. The solo record for speedrunning Fuel Weaver is 17 days, and that still requires quite a bit of tasks. Even though there's a LOT to be done, if Celestial prep took three times as long, that would get the player to day 51, when Summer starts at day 56 on default. On co-op runs for sure the players would hit that ceiling. The solution would be either relaxing the rules to allow players to change the settings to start the file at another season, or the devs suddenly implementing another way to obtain cactus flowers (a.k.a some mob that drops them, or floral shirts which can be deconstructed.)

7 hours ago, lakhnish said:

7. Complete Wagstaff's minigame 3 times for the needed 3 Restrained Static.

6.5. get bundle wrap from BQ is almost necessary because of the spoil rate

start in spring and rush for this boss looks fun and challenging, especially doing solo

shell with low drop rate ( get likely only 3~5 everytime after clearing one entire salt formations for me ), gathering at least 14 boards (56logs), 10 marbles and 10 ropes for boat and Pearl's house

get at least 8 gems ( best to fill with purple ) since flingomatic bug is fixed and ice staves (unless cheese but that would be boring) for Pearl Crab King, you may bring few bunnymen( or killer bee ) to help canceling CK healing, and you can only fight CK in or after summer due to Pearl's quest, result that you need one flingo on your boat( build carefully because CK's hands could break your structure )

but it can be super easy to fight CK this way( it is boring for the fight tho )

Spoiler

image.png.2968941417d3dd8eb5a8cdd9b8044222.png

by the time finishing those quests without cheese, one would probably start fighting CC( Celestial Champion ) by early autumn

Archived