What are you guys' theories on the next Theme of the next season?

Personally, I believe that it could take place under the ocean. I do recall seeing a klei employee member mentioning that seafaring content will not end with the end of RoT, which is part of where my small theory takes place. Additionally, I think the new saltbox skin might be a hint to what is to come. However, I do not have anymore basis on this theory so I am probably just dead wrong. :/

what i think from this is that the return is over They have actually returned and They will now manipulate our world such as the moonstorms did but even more since from the trailer after celestial champion has come upon us Alter is fully awoken the way to stop this is idk maybe go through sealed portal maybe find wagstaff beat his a** and steal his knowledge on how to stop it 

9 minutes ago, Dextops said:

what i think from this is that the return is over They have actually returned and They will now manipulate our world such as the moonstorms did but even more since from the trailer after celestial champion has come upon us Alter is fully awoken the way to stop this is idk maybe go through sealed portal maybe find wagstaff beat his a** and steal his knowledge on how to stop it 

Well, apparently:

"They have been here all along"

I still laugh at that line. Its like... All this build up and... Yeah.

Im sure Charlie and her "pets" are just late for a rave.

I personally doubt we'll have to pick a side now that the moon shows to be a bigger threat than what we encountered before, with the Celestial Champion being only a part of the moon, yet being as (if not more) dangerous as Ancient Fuelweaver who is pretty much at the top of the Nightmare Fuel based creatures at the moment.

Charlie may know things about the moon since she has the power of the Throne, therefore, knowledge about the Ancients and her mind was fused with Metheus who once praised the light/moon, and now she's on the search for somethig bigger than we have imagined.

1 hour ago, Just-guy said:

I personally doubt we'll have to pick a side now that the moon shows to be a bigger threat than what we encountered before, with the Celestial Champion being only a part of the moon, yet being as (if not more) dangerous as Ancient Fuelweaver who is pretty much at the top of the Nightmare Fuel based creatures at the moment.

Charlie may know things about the moon since she has the power of the Throne, therefore, knowledge about the Ancients and her mind was fused with Metheus who once praised the light/moon, and now she's on the search for somethig bigger than we have imagined.

He is not a bigger threat neccesarily.Ancient fuelweaver should be considered stronger than celestial champion.We killed the champion,but we haven´t killed the Fuelweaver.He was killed by Charlie,we just weakened him for her to defeat.And also there is the quote:"There is no limit to the power of shadows".
But Maxwell really confuses me.Has  he believed that  Them are just the shadows or that Them are  the stronger ones or i don´t really know.

13 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

He is not a bigger threat neccesarily.Ancient fuelweaver should be considered stronger than celestial champion.We killed the champion,but we haven´t killed the Fuelweaver.He was killed by Charlie,we just weakened him for her to defeat.And also there is the quote:"There is no limit to the power of shadows".
But Maxwell really confuses me.Has  he believed that  Them are just the shadows or that Them are  the stronger ones or i don´t really know.

The Fuelweaver & The Celestial Champion are very much reflections of one another. Multiple moving parts you gotta complete until you reach the end boss of each opposing faction. In the end our character's are interrupted by a third party who steals away a piece of our opponent causing them to be downed for good.

What I'm saying is, for all we know the Celestial Champion would've gotten right back up had Wagstaff not nabbed the energy.

10 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Whatever the next update chain theme is I hope it's gonna be something more creepy than RoT was.

it'll probably be connected to RoT since RoT was a base and Them or who i assume is Them has returned which will hopefully give a more scary tone

Archived