ok im gonna say it:

I'm kind of disappointed with the whole RoT thing in general. The updates were only loosely connected and pretty much nothing from one update was used in the one after it. Almost like they had no reason to be from the same update branch besides today's update, which tried to connect them with the 3 altars, and that requires some serious long-term progression and dedication. Not to mention that we learned almost nothing about Them during the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

the birds are good catching up

They're not horrors (to be precise, body horrors), just weird and wickedly funny.

I suppose "They" are the "Moon"/Alter - this one still wasn't made clear. Or Gestalts. Or Gestalts + "Moon" entity. Or..

Else is just another raid boss fight from which you get a Tam+Miner Hat hybrid that can give (deconstruction) 5 "infinite light" crystals via Mushroom Lights use. Plus another NPC mini quest mission.

Yeah, I was waiting for a lot more. For me personally this "Return of Them" expansion is... ok-ish in lack of anything better. Yes, I was expecting "anything better" - progression and main, mandatory content better. At least more moon-builds (weapons, armor, tools, funny devices, useful stuff in menial tasks, etc). Oh well..

Still, updates to the game fair player-base and re-play-ability, that much is certain. Hope future planned content will at least populate ocean, atm full of turd-looking rocks.

People are disappointed every update, and for a variety of reasons. Either the wrong character is getting refreshed, balance changes and craftables never made it to the game, the update made the game too challenging/not challenging enough, or too much/not enough effort was put into certain areas. To be honest, I'm just glad that this is a season finale and not a series finale.

Wait have people already figured out what the moonstorm event is?

In any case, I'm super happy with any content update. The game has so much to offer for basically free that any addition is super welcome as long as it retains the spirit of the game.

2 minutes ago, clickrush said:

Wait have people already figured out what the moonstorm event is?

In any case, I'm super happy with any content update. The game has so much to offer for basically free that any addition is super welcome as long as it retains the spirit of the game.

The update has been in beta for a while, so yeah we've mostly figured out what the moon storm event is :p

I agree that this update does nothing for players who aren't in late game (which is a majority of the player base) but what it does add is a constant full moon, a new boss and a way to change the moon cycle. This is huge for late game players, and the infinite miners hat is huge.

I understand your dissapointment, they could have added more, but you just have to have hope for those future moon crafts ; )

It was very late-game focused, which has pros and cons, of course. But the lack of end-game content was a very popular point of criticism before RoT, and now it is/is still getting addressed. 

Now I believe our eyes will turn for more ever-present elements of the game.Farming is one of those, and it has already been revamped in a big way. Maybe the next arch will continue on that line.

2 hours ago, Erineyes7 said:

I agree that this update does nothing for players who aren't in late game (which is a majority of the player base) but what it does add is a constant full moon, a new boss and a way to change the moon cycle. This is huge for late game players, and the infinite miners hat is huge.

I understand your dissapointment, they could have added more, but you just have to have hope for those future moon crafts ; )

Craftables are 125% BORING when there’s nothing to fight those cool craftables with.

Its like playing a shooter game where you spend the entire game collecting parts to build a cool crossbow only for there to be like 8 enemies you get to use it against then the game is over.

OR it’s like the DLC Batmobiles I paid a small fortune for in Batman Arkham Knight, that ended up being only useable once you’ve beaten the entire game... but at that point, what’s the point at all anymore?

We Dont need new craftables, we need new/refreshed/updated enemy mobs, biomes, things to do.. places to explore.

Klei has a and I quote “open world wilderness survival game” but for one reason or another... they flat out REFUSE to focus on adding more Wilderness to survive within.

I guess maybe I’m just a little disappointed that almost all the return of them updates have been focused around boss fights, craftables for a boat, or peaceful fishing, farming and base building..

I wanted some truly new ground-breaking biomes to explore, mobs to fight, things to do.. and I’m sorry but End Game craftable base turfs wasn’t exactly what I had in mind..

In my opinion there’s been too much focus on boss fights & the base building aspects of DST, while the “uncompromising wilderness survival” gets overshadowed & eventually forgotten.

I have faith & confidence in Klei that they’ll deliver the content we most want to see: even if it takes us a few years to get there.

In the meantime- please guys.. less demand for moon crafts, and more demand for new mobs preferably with new attack/combat patterns.

I’m personally waiting for new types of “Waves” of enemies besides just hounds, maybe the Bats from Hamlet.. or something new entirely can be added to the Mix.

If you read this far: Thank You for listening to my rant, I hope not to upset any of the awesome hard working folks at Klei who bust their butts to deliver us awesome content, but I’m hopeful huge things are still to come now that Return of Them has concluded. :wilson_love::wickerbottomthanks:

I think some of us had high expectations, too high (me). 

I disappointed myself because I thought we were going to the moon at some point (hehe).

If I can be a bit critical though, I absolutely hate cliffhangers. I feel they serve no purpose other than leave room for tired speculation. So much teased in this update, the moon entity, matheus, Charlie, Wagstaff, etc but nothing is gained from it! Just more room fo us to set up hype and get let down next update. 

Next Arc is until next year maybe lmao, its like... Why? WHY? 

Every ark ends with loose ends and nothing ever feels to arrive to a conclusion. At the very least we should know who fuelweaver is and what the portal was for. But no. Just endless loose ends. I feel maybe Klei thinks they're being mysterious but to me its all just... Lame. 

Look at darksouls for example, nothing is explicitly told, but there is an important conclusion at the end of every game. You may not know what is happening or why you're doing it, but at end you know your duty was fulfilled; there is a sense of accomplishment (based on the parts of the game's lore the player is told. Like lighting the primordial flame).

Sorry for the rant, I haven't slept well due to my growing coffee addiction xD.

There was too high of an expectations for some people I have to say it, overall this update is pretty damn huge for a global event in the server that enables so many potential things from constant glommer kills for krampi, glass, pig farms, staff conversions and INFINITE LIGHTSOURCE

Honestly this is a lot of enabling especially since you get free light forever above ground if you don't wanna disable full moons.

Overall, I really hoped for an animatic or something to conclude the story arc rather than gameplay introduction to it. I guess Charlie's at the archive, I guess?... but really hoped for an epic battle or something happening there in the short.

I don't feel disappointed on content wise, we've gotten a lot more potential content to be added into future updates cause of this arc and I am waiting patiently for Klei's ideas to come to surface.

Archived