how come you cant make statues out of gold?

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

You torch and then sculpt it gingerly. In the constant you can melt and craft faster. 

Ah okay thanks for the answer.

If there were gold statues able to be crafted at potters wheel and Maxwell examined them it'd be 

"Game Logic strikes again"

1 hour ago, Cliffford W. said:

Ah okay thanks for the answer.

If there were gold statues able to be crafted at potters wheel and Maxwell examined them it'd be 

"Game Logic strikes again"

i mean whats the real reason to not have gold statues? i mean dontstarve is all just game logic gold tools helmets protect from anything literaly walls a child eaten by a spider and becoming 2 magic literaly just magic a machine that makes you lear what an shovel is becoming ghost and back to live and there are way more things to say

1 hour ago, Dr.Medic said:

i mean whats the real reason to not have gold statues? i mean dontstarve is all just game logic gold tools helmets protect from anything literaly walls a child eaten by a spider and becoming 2 magic literaly just magic a machine that makes you lear what an shovel is becoming ghost and back to live and there are way more things to say

Not many people asked for them neither suggested it.

Marble, Stone and moon glass statues exist cuz there already are marble statues and they are similar to stone.

It no one suggest golden statues why'd they add it

If you want golden statues put it in the suggestions

That should have been the first place instead of asking why are there no golden statues. 

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/76-dont-starve-together-suggestions-and-feedback/

13 hours ago, Cliffford W. said:

Gold_Klaus.png.83b67358c761715acf043c5327cb877a.pnggold_dfly.png.564d69d172f8dcf020567ca6d7ba831c.png

I'd not want that in any possible way

I'm certain they'd look far more fitting when done in an official capacity.
If you don't like 'em you can not craft them and leave them for the people who'd love golden sculptures. I know I'd love some.

Would love that, and also give us moon rock and thulecite statues while you are at it <3 <3 <3

And yeah, marble walls! absolutely marble walls! And gold walls, gold walls too. And yeah, why not balloon walls. I hope this doesn't come off sarcastic, because I really want all those things :D

17 hours ago, Cliffford W. said:

Gold_Klaus.png.83b67358c761715acf043c5327cb877a.pnggold_dfly.png.564d69d172f8dcf020567ca6d7ba831c.png

Oh my, those look amazing, I wasn't too keen on gold statues initially but now I really want them. I imagine they'd require at least 3-6 gold to be placed on the potter's wheel though. Gold Statues are also thematically appropriate especially through Midas' Touch story and creatures turning to moonrock statues in the moonstone event.

Imagine you could make statues with all minerals in the game, some with special properties:

• Gold Statues 
  • Moonrock Statues - like the ones create by moonstone event
  • Thulecite Statues - similar to ones found in the ruins, perhaps can be decorated with a gem
  • Salt Statues - could be lit to give out small amount of light using light bulbs
  • Nitre Statues - could be lit up or smoulder, causing a strong explosion
  • Ice Statues - would melt down when ambivalent temperature is warm, just like glacier

Because originally making them from stone and marble gave you black pieces and white pieces, allowing you to make your custom chessboard. 

When Lunar island and moon glass arrived, the symbolism of ethereal pieces of the game joining as separate player from Survivors and Them was introduced. 

Gold is just a material that represents every metal in the game. Ain't nobody making tools or lighting rods from gold. 

20 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

moon rock

YES

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

Because originally making them from stone and marble gave you black pieces and white pieces, allowing you to make your custom chessboard. 

When Lunar island and moon glass arrived, the symbolism of ethereal pieces of the game joining as separate player from Survivors and Them was introduced. 

Gold is just a material that represents every metal in the game. Ain't nobody making tools or lighting rods from gold. 

Also, as scott said in a bug report. Chess pieces made of glass doesnt spawn the chess piece boss as an intented feature but for now... so maybe klei included glass for some future update

Archived