Who would you choose for voice actors of the survivors

40 minutes ago, Gabu Gabu said:

Not specific voice actors, but I watched a stream of like five Irish guys play DST and I haven't been able to hear Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, WX, and Webber as any thing other than Irish since.

RT, CallMeKevin, JackSepticeye, Nogla and Terroriser?

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Jeffery Combs for Wilson. I love that actor.

David Warner for Maxwell.

Oh FRELL yes on both of those actors.  I've always loved both of their stuff, and also their voices would fit the characters well.

Was the Irish-guys stream called "Trying to avoid another famine in Don't Starve Together"?  (XD...ouch.  And is it just me, or did anyone else understand most of them except that one guy had SUCH a stronger/different accent, I wasn't sure what he was saying half the time?)

10 hours ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I would love to hear any Canadian voice actor for Woodie, I only know of Youtubers who have the accent so it might have to be a faked Canadian.

Canadian voice actor for Woodie--I know where we could find a bunch of those, and so do you, Pinkamena!--_most_ of the voice actors in MLP:  FiM are Canadian.  (Yeah most of the main characters are girls, but there's boy characters too.)  Also look to anime dub voice actors.  I could see people from The Ocean Group getting involved (which includes/used to include Cathy Weseluck and Kelly Sheridan--both on MLP.  I knew them as Shampoo and Ukyo ("Ranma 1/2") first, myself.  Oh and Sheridan was also Sango (from "Inuyasha")  Am I telling everybody of my both otaku _and_ pegasister status, in one message?  Yes.  Yes I am).  And hey--they're also based out of Vancouver, same as Klei!

EDIT:  YES to MattPat playing Wilson!  Especially since I've seen multiple of his and Steph's GTLive streams where they did voices for the characters the whole time. Their playthroughs of Doki Doki and Kindergarten are some of my favourites.  (Just as long as Wendy doesn't end up with MattPat's Natsuki voice.  XD)

I'm not really sure of exact voices for characters myself, right now. Haven't decided if I want to go the "celebrity who kinda resembles the character"/"known on-screen actor I already like" route, or the "actual veteran (mostly) just-voice actors" route.  But I'm thinking probably Kath Soucie or Wendy Lee should be involved in there somewhere.  And Tara Strong is in like...everything, (have you SEEN her IMDB page?!) so she'd be good.  I'm thinking Wendy or Willow, maybe Wigfrid?

Edit again:  Since Kath Soucie was awesome as Morgana in "Darkwing Duck", I can kinda see her as Charlie.

...Notorious  

6 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Since Kath Soucie was awesome as Morgana in "Darkwing Duck", I can kinda see her as Charlie.

She has range. I highly recommend you see the variety of voices she does on Disenchantment.

Ron Perlman for Wolfgang. 

I don't have a lot of definitive headcanons regarding character voices, but I'll throw my two cents about Wigfrid based on her animation short. She reminds me of another great Wagnerian soprano who performed during the 20th century, Kirsten Malfrid Flagstad. Being one of the most excellent and beloved Valkyrie actresses, I have no doubt that she served as an inspiration for Wigfrid's character.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Heck, they probably even made an intentional reference to Flagstad in the animation short! Nice one, Klei.

diewalkure.PNG.c4092cefc6238c4e3f607bedf1882991.PNGR-5204382-1387384365-4206.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d816044c5b2823dee4ad0f43925e20b5.jpg

Well I never quite imagined WX going on about John Madden or going "UUUUHHHHHH" constantly, but otherwise... XD

Actually maybe something more like Arin the Game Grump's voice for Monika.  More that pitch, is closer to what I was thinking:

Spoiler

It's the Grumps; there's probably swearing and at least a couple dirty jokes in there.  But Monika does get a lot of dialogue in this part, which is why I picked it.  She comes in at around 1:10ish.

Spoiler

(For those of you who know the game:  Notice that I VERY DELIBERATELY picked an _early_ part from BEFORE It happens...)

But seriously the "FriendArin" voice is like the funniest robot voice I've ever heard. XD

Minespatch:  "Time Bandits" and "Time After Time" are like two of my favourite movies.  :)  (And despite the names, they're very different--for those who don't know.)  I haven't seen any of the particular Jeffrey Combs clips you linked to--I tend to know him mainly as Brunt and Weyoun from Deep Space Nine.  Especially loved the time he played BOTH in the same episode.  XD

Now, some of the others I named...hoo boy, not finding but _picking_ clips for them is gonna take some doing, especially for Kath Soucie and Tara Strong.  Let's see...

Spoiler

Well, looks like I don't have to.  YOU READ THAT TITLE CORRECTLY.  Like I said, the woman's IMDB page is _nuts_.  And I've heard most of the characters in the thumbnail, myself...

Spoiler

Same for Ms.Soucie.  (Also one of her characters is the one whose modern redesign is getting neckbeard knickers in a twist at the moment.  BWAHAHA.)

Spoiler

Kelly Sheridan, and hey, bonus--you get to hear another Ocean Group member (Richard Ian Cox) here, since he also plays Inuyasha in the anime of that name, Boy-Type Ranma in "Ranma 1/2", and Pietro in "X-Men:  Evolution".  So two Canadian voice actors for the price of one.  Unfortunately this video is from too long ago to also feature Starlight Glimmer from MLP, so here's a seperate clip for that.

Spoiler

And last but not least, Wendy Lee.

Spoiler

This is only a portion of the stuff she's done--let's put it this way:  When I went to her IMDB page, I had to pagedown MULTIPLE TIMES just to get past the 2010s (and '20s, what there is of them so far).  For me she'll always be Faye Valentine, which is probably true of most "oldtakus".

I'm not sure exactly who I'd have these ladies play, just that they're all good in general.

...Notorious

OH DUDE I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT!  That is epic.  _Absolutely_ Maggie Smith for Wickerbottom.  I also loved her as the Mother Superior in "Sister Act".  "People are trying to kill you....everyone who's met you, I would imagine."  (I couldn't find a clip of that exact part.)  Everybody here also of course probably knows her as Professor Minerva McGonagall from the Harry Potter movies.

I don't know Tom Waits as well as I probably should (considering the retro-music geek that I am) but his voice totally works for The Trade-Inn Guy, too.  :)

...Notorious

Archived