Who Are Taller, Pigs Or Humans?

Hello forum, here is another stupid question from me!
Who do you think is taller in length? Pigmans or avarage human characters like Wilson, Maxwell etc?

Human meat was called "long pig" so maybe this is a refferance to that humans are longer than them? Or is this called like that BC of they are not fat as pigs? I mean we call giraffes long (They are 4,2 meters) but we don't say same thing about elephants (They are 6,5 meters) and that's because of the shape of body and weight.

In real life, pig lengths change in 1 meters to 2 meters if they would walk like DST pigs, so that makes them longer than us. I don't know much about pig breeds and I couldn't figure what breed could DST pigs be.

If we look into the game about lengths;

They have almost same length in game.
Pig | Don't Starve Wiki | Fandom

In trailers pigs are much taller even when pigs be on back.
Save The Pigs Initiative - [Don't Starve Together] General Discussion -  Klei Entertainment Forums

In steam menu page humans are much taller even when pigs be on front.
image.png.265bca0a2d21d02550c940a0d0e4db33.png

So, let's discuss LOL

I think the steam menu is not on scale, I always assumed pigs/bunnymen are slighlty taller than the average humans.
Not huge though, just like a really tall human, but since most survivors are not very tall, pigs look taller than them. Only exception be Wolfgang who seems to be canonically tall

The humans are not taller at the bottom picture, they are closer to the camera, and the Pig looks small! You can also see the Tallbird not being so tall that day!

PS. The artist probably imagined the bottom picture with fish-eye lens view, but the above one is a wide angle.

18 hours ago, Chesmu said:

The humans are not taller at the bottom picture, they are closer to the camera, and the Pig looks small! You can also see the Tallbird not being so tall that day!

PS. The artist probably imagined the bottom picture with fish-eye lens view, but the above one is a wide angle.

Fish-eye lens make sense

I think if we rid dst of its artstyle which makes 10 yo kids the same size as adults then the pigs would be much bigger than humans.

So yeah, I think Pigmen are bigger than survivors, it's just that the game's artstyle fails to show that

I think that's about how it should be. Civilized pigs should be taller, because they are not hunched like ordinary pigs. Most of the characters will be smaller than normal pigs except for Maxwell and Charlie. They are the tallest characters in the game so far.
Let's say the average height of the characters is about 170 cm. So, ordinary pigs can be from 180 to 200 cm. And the civilized ones are from 190 cm to 230 cm.
image.thumb.png.18279d090dbaf9c892b7802ec260099d.png
image.thumb.png.badcc503e04fee6eb2497c0d55669faa.png
image.thumb.png.baf2bd0515dd8f630c209b1c6c4ce527.png

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

NPC maxwell, Charlie, Curio collector might be a shadow species

Though I wonder why Pugna is the size of Npc Maxwell if he originally came from our world?5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Well, yes, I agree with you here.

Wait, are they all the same height? Lol, what!?

30 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

Wait, are they all the same height? Lol, what!?

We need someone to datamine them in for curiosity. :wilson_ecstatic:

image.png.1e3d45339a305426d1593ce3acea258d.pngExcept for a joke spriite image I made, if he was standing I'd assume he'd be the same height as curio collector.

Archived