What you love the most in DST at all?

What you love the most in DS/DST at all?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Choose as much as you wish

• Sanity and Insanity
    • Hunger Management
    • Seasons
    • Fighting!
    • Building Aspect
    • Gardening
    • Sandbox nature of the game
    • Roguelike nature of the game
    • Very specific sence of humor
    • Game design and atmosphere
    • Characters personalities
    • Uncompromising survival
    • Everything at once
    • Other

The boss fights is something i always want to do in the world of dst.

They're fun with friends but a bit too easy with too many people.
Something i've suggested ingame is that there should be some form of "expert" mode like in Terraria,where the boss' health should go up the more people there is,and everyone getting some form of "lootbag" for themselves.

Still,doing solo rushes is super fun and exciting.

Mob design. Not the visual part, the behavior part.

They're not just "Hostile thing that exists to kill you and nothing else". They all have unique behaviors and habits. The first major draw for DST over DSRoG for me is that the seasonal bosses became part of the world instead of a seasonal "fight this" event. And other mobs also have this.

I make no secret that Bearger is my favorite, redesigned for DST where he's there until he dies. But instead of mindlessly attacking the players, he flat doesn't care unless you steal his food or hurt him. And you can take the quick and violent option of combat to obtain his loot, or you can take the slow and peaceful option of walking with him and picking up shed fur. I love this integration, and the choice between war/peace.

MooseGoose cares about her babies. Don't get near her or hurt her babies, and she's harmless.

Pigs have a war on all monsters.
Spiders target pigs and players specifically while leaving most other mobs alone.
Merms have time-based behavior.
Bunnymen hate monsters and anyone carrying meat.
Bees protect each other, and are only hostile to those who threaten their friends/hive or during the season of anger.
Frogs are all around jerks that want to hurt anything that gets close to them and have a gang-attack nature. Jerks.
Antlion demands tribute and is only flat out hostile if you provoke her hard.
Gobblers don't fight at all, they just want food.
Deerclops just really likes to smash things for whatever reason. Maybe just for funsies.

All the different, world-immersing behaviors are what I like most. The world is interactive, on more than just a 'Look, an enemy. Go kill it.' level. And that I love.

13 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Mob design. Not the visual part, the behavior part.

They're not just "Hostile thing that exists to kill you and nothing else". They all have unique behaviors and habits. The first major draw for DST over DSRoG for me is that the seasonal bosses became part of the world instead of a seasonal "fight this" event. And other mobs also have this.

I make no secret that Bearger is my favorite, redesigned for DST where he's there until he dies. But instead of mindlessly attacking the players, he flat doesn't care unless you steal his food or hurt him. And you can take the quick and violent option of combat to obtain his loot, or you can take the slow and peaceful option of walking with him and picking up shed fur. I love this integration, and the choice between war/peace.

MooseGoose cares about her babies. Don't get near her or hurt her babies, and she's harmless.

Pigs have a war on all monsters.
Spiders target pigs and players specifically while leaving most other mobs alone.
Merms have time-based behavior.
Bunnymen hate monsters and anyone carrying meat.
Bees protect each other, and are only hostile to those who threaten their friends/hive or during the season of anger.
Frogs are all around jerks that want to hurt anything that gets close to them and have a gang-attack nature. Jerks.
Antlion demands tribute and is only flat out hostile if you provoke her hard.
Gobblers don't fight at all, they just want food.
Deerclops just really likes to smash things for whatever reason. Maybe just for funsies.

All the different, world-immersing behaviors are what I like most. The world is interactive, on more than just a 'Look, an enemy. Go kill it.' level. And that I love.

and yet they can't handle a simple piece of wall smh

I love the parts that make it a systemic game. Like if you hit mob with torch, he burns and can lit nearby things as well (not like in minecraft). I like that mobs interact with each other. I like darkness (complete darkness, not like minecraft) And if I can speak about the whole franchise as well, I would add that i like statuses like overheating, freezing, wetness, hay fever (again, minecraft has none of this). I like the weather - raining actually makes you wet, strong winds dig up bushes, fog slows you down, meteor showers destroy stuff, earhquakes in caves that can hit you (again, compared to minecraft? Minecraft has lightning storm that very rarely hits something). I also like that food is more scarce and you can't produce it by exponentially multiplying your cattle (as you can in minecraft). I like that you have to choose between backpack/armor/light etc. - that you have to make compromises. I like mechanics like fishing and farming, that begin to lean more towards reality (another plus compared to minecraft). I like helping other players survive and I like having fun with with others. I play DST for survival aspect, minecraft for sandbox aspect and Dark souls for Adventure/PvP/Combat aspect.

I like how (with recent refreshes & dlc characters) Klei offers up a completely new and totally unique way of playing the game- you won’t play the game as Wendy the same way you will as Wurt & that’s a huge feat to be had...

If Klei can continue to pump enough uniqueness into EACH Character so they all have unique things they can craft/do/interact with/ or as in Wendy’s case with Pipspook unique mobs with exclusive gameplay tied to them..

Thats what I enjoy most.

New Mobs and Biomes are nice but 99.9% of your time is spent with your character and their abilities.

Minecraft only has Steve or Alex.. and no matter what skin you apply on Minecraft your still going to play like Steve or Alex.

Klei should aim to deliver upon their promise on reworks:

Spoiler

2C3C549A-5CCD-44D5-A035-11D1097F2909.thumb.jpeg.b2e4a5575bcb00bfbae0d86f7ba0094f.jpeg

They have to deliver on this promise.. and while I personally feel Wigfrids left much to be desired- there’s still at the very least 7 more to see their TLC updates.

and we know from the 2021 roadmap we can expect 3 refreshes AND a New character this year- Now THATS exciting.

Im hopeful for more Wendy/Willow level reworks.

In fact, I love almost everything about this game. But mostly, I'm more focused on the characters and lore (gimme forgotten knowledge, palimage.png.9a4b751d3a8e31a95144af33693df740.png) right now.
When I first came across this project, I was immediately intrigued by this wonderful style and eerie atmosphere. And after I played, I realized that this is the game that will be in my heart forever. I liked the characters, I liked the gameplay and mechanics, I liked the design of various things, I liked the way the soul is put into this game and that it is really not easy to understand.
Despite the years that have passed, I still love everything about this game. Yes, I do not deny that there are some inconsistencies and not very good moments in this project, but on the other hand, I am glad that the game does not stand still and develops.

I just saw myself clicking all of them slowly over time. 

"Oh boy do I love managing that!"

"Well..... That's interesting to!" 

"Seasons? So creative!"

"Uncompromising? That's my favorite part!"

Just on and on. Every aspect of this game is perfect. I love it so much.

Sincerely,

Cactus

(laughs) That was pretty much me, with this poll.  I think I maybe didn't click like...one or two things?  And that's only because it asks what we like the MOST, not "do you like it at all".  

I guess my favourite parts if I really narrowed it down is like, the environment, the systems and the lore. 
Environment:  The seasons, weather, biomes, creatures.  The art style is a wonderful mix of adorable and spooky.  Pretty much every animation the characters do is at least a little funny. 

Systems:  The way everything works together and has consequences in ways that might not be real-world realistic (but often are), but have their own internal consistency, that helps make this seem like truly another world.  Even when it's detrimental, such as "one spark can burn down your base" or "rain makes you go nuts".   And the whole Lovecraftian thing of how if you get insane enough, the monsters of your mind break through to our reality and become REAL...  

And the lore:  Just the fact that there's so much of it, it's so mysterious and layered with puzzles, and that each character has SOMEthing about them that's interesting in their past (except Woodie, whose revamp short showed _nothing_ of his actual origin story and NO I'M STILL NOT OKAY WITH THAT.)  Most of the shorts are just dripping in atmosphere and full of hidden detalis in random frames, and I love it.

...Notorious

Archived