Dear Klei, please stop killing loyal-skins exclusivity

What's wrong with that? If you only enjoy the skins bc they have a different rarity, them the problem is with you. Think of the people that couldn't get it, or the new players that didn't even have the chance to get them. They're just skins with a different label 

How is giving other players who couldn't get the skin before a chance to complete their collection a bad thing? If I have to miss out on amazing content because I just didn't happen to meet anyone who would suggest this game to me earlier...

I'll say it this way: your need to feel special is not as important as potential hundred people who will gain happiness from owning skins they couldn't just because world is stupid. 

Now see if these skins were paid for (like some of the 20$ Limited time ones in Apex Legends) you might would have a legit complaint, but these skins were free just for logging in- and I think free skins should be for everyone.

it’s the ones I PAY to be exclusive that makes me angry when they’re no longer exclusive..

Its part of the reason I don’t ask for the Funko Pop Skins often- I know I’ll never get them and will probably have to buy the PoP dolls to get them someday.

Originally the idea was that we would have exclusive skins that were very limited time. However, through time players have expressed to us that this is absolutely not what they want and that just having some time between when they are first available and then when they are more easily made available is ok. 

I think this is pretty fair. We do have some skins that will likely remain only available through those means because it serves a specific purpose (proof of purchase), but I think it's generally better that people have access to most everything at some point.

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Originally the idea was that we would have exclusive skins that were very limited time. However, through time players have expressed to us that this is absolutely not what they want and that just having some time between when they are first available and then when they are more easily made available is ok. 

I think this is pretty fair. We do have some skins that will likely remain only available through those means because it serves a specific purpose (proof of purchase), but I think it's generally better that people have access to most everything at some point.

THE PEOPLE DESERVE THE SKINS!!! lol Thank you! It brings my FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) anxiety down.

I do think it's fun to have that time where you got the thing. You were there, you were paying attention and you got the cool thing other people missed out on. Some FOMO can be a little fun. But not when everything revolves around it, then it's just a chore. 

I love collecting cool drops in games I enjoy, personally. I also like having the things people don't have. That's just part of it. But - I don't think it takes away from that fun if people can get it later too. You get your time, they get theirs. It seems fair. 

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You get your time, they get theirs. It seems fair. 

Even more so, since now I will have to collect points for a very long period of time to catch all the stuff I just wasn't there for before. So you got the stuff for paying attention, I have to basically work for it. And I think that is very fair. Because as long as I keep paying attention, I won't miss anything more, and frankly, I think long term fans deserve it. 

Wouldn't it be cool if Klei hosted an event where players got to duke it out with each other in cut-throat competition to earn exclusive skins. Players could compete in teams of three to promote cooperation. This would really let players show off their dedication to the game and there could even be exclusive one-time rewards for the top performing teams, as well as a participation award for all players so no one is left out.

Just throwing ideas around here, this could be a week long tournament sort of thing, and we could even have a leaderboard showcasing each day's top performers.

Or Klei could give players free log-in rewards and make them available to future players through the Klei Rewards program so that all players can enjoy cool skins and not feel left out. That sounds good too.

3 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Klei hosted an event where players got to duke it out with each other in cut-throat competition to earn exclusive skins. Players could compete in teams of three to promote cooperation. This would really let players show off their dedication to the game and there could even be exclusive one-time rewards for the top performing teams, as well as a participation award for all players so no one is left out.

Just throwing ideas around here, this could be a week long tournament sort of thing, and we could even have a leaderboard showcasing each day's top performers.

Or Klei could give players free log-in rewards and make them available to future players through the Klei Rewards program so that all players can enjoy cool skins and not feel left out. That sounds good too.

Yes, it will be a sneaky-mods (client-side and otherwise) developing contest like Forge was. Plus exploits. Know code, dig code, make mod exploiting code, profit. Fabuloucious!

3 hours ago, Fuffles said:

I mean, the only Loyal Skin that should truly remain gone is the Bottomless Firepit, all the other ones were just event tied, which should be fine since it sucks for the people that didnt get it v( '-')v

Neah, that too should be rewarded at some point. "Participation prizes for everyone! Oh, you haven't participated? No biggie lil lad, here's the prize for you too for.. being awesome!"

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Can I ask: is it likely that bottomless pit will become available to everyone?

38 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Neah, that too should be rewarded at some point. "Participation prizes for everyone! Oh, you haven't participated? No biggie lil lad, here's the prize for you too for.. being awesome!"

Uhm no, that Firepit skin was assigned to Beta Testers as a thanks, it wasnt available to everyone. To me this is equivalent of giving people an option to get the Monument Firepit Skin for free when its supposed to be a reward for having RoG

Wasn’t bottomless pit exclusive to playing the game during its beta phase? So therefore people playing on Playstation, Xbox (and most likely also soon Nintendo) did not have a beta phase they could join:

So conclusion: This either comes for everyone or it ends up being exclusive to PC Only, forever.

Archived