2021 roadmap predictions

Ok I have some far out predictions.

We get a new character confirmation. Nobody knows who it is, until late March, when it's revealed to be

latest?cb=20121227112134

Wallace, the unimplemented character!!!!

Wallace is good with animals, and can befriend some stuff others can't.

Of course we get the year of the beefalo. We get natural beefalo variants, and can pick and choose certain types to breed to give us an edge. Maybe some can be milked, some have a special type of fur that is used in crafting, some require less food to be tamed, etc. Basically just adds beefalo ranching.

Later down the line we are able to open the portal in the archives.

It makes a new world, that is copied from the old one, even player made changes. It is much more difficult to survive in this world. Lots of variants of regular mobs that are more challenging, (not so) natural disasters occur.

When you go back to your base you find that it had been taken over by a colony of some kind of mutated pigmen or something like that. There's a ton of them, and it is extremely difficult the get the base back, with the easiest option being to simply build a new one. Basically this world has new content and is a lot harder. The map also resets, so you have to rediscover everything.

On the lunar island in this realm is the final boss. But the oceans have turned from water to lava. So a wooden boat will not be enough. Perhaps there is some kind of work you have to do to make a lava-worthy ship.

Ok that's all my ideas. Let me know your guys ideas too if you like

These are my predictions for this year, since they are left untouched for quite a while:

A lot of changes at website towards points and Spool earning, lots of compatibility fixes and upgrades, New unique events and some changes to UI.

Not sure if joke post, or legit roadmap prediction: Either way it seems highly optimistic at its best, and unlikely to happen

Though I would like a Harder Mode at some point & a few islands in the ocean themed on Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge & Forge.. nothing too big or fancy- mainly:

I have a Boat now, give me plenty of places to sail to and explore.

And I want to talk about that a bit: Klei’s Cookie Boat is starting to feel like the Batmobile in Batman Arkham Knight (Aka It was over used to the point that almost everyone hated it) 

Now to Clarify: I have nothing against the boat... it’s just that they seem to be focusing on adding small almost meaningless things to do that require using the boat and interacting with (sea stacks, salt formations, several boss fights, Seaweed Barnacle, And Rock formations)

And I’m pretty sure Klei should learn from where Arkham Knight went wrong: people didn’t want a Batman game where the car was shoved down your throat for 80% of the game.. they wanted to use the Car as a means of transportation and car chases.. not puzzles, crime solving etc.

My point: Over using something will make people hate it.. so be smart Klei: It’s okay to have SOME ocean content that involves being on/using the boat... but 

I’m pretty sure what EVERYONE wants is land biomes out in those water with tons of mobs and non-boating content involved:

TL:DR- I hope 2021 Roadmap relieves me of my largest concern of return of them updates That they assure me that the Boat Cookie will only be used as a vessel to get to new biomes, and not make the boat cookie itself the entire focus of updates.

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Winnie wigfrid yapmak için kullanıldı, bu yüzden geleceğini sanmıyorum, en azından bu sprite ile (belki de mekanik)

i hope they bring it somehow, as a vegetarian different from wurt :(

I have to admit that they have surprised me so far, my old complaints about the game were because there was not enough depth in the world, but now.... wow... just wow!
the characters didn't feel authentic apart from their stats and their appearance, but now they have unique crafts, wendy has sub quests ,wigfrid got more personality and woodie got more mystery.

so if they continue on this path my predictions are the following:
Continue polishing the characters and the current world while adding more content related to the return of them little by little, I predict a boss very soon because everything points to that path.

I have no comment on the year of beffalo, the year of the carrat was amazing and I find it difficult to overcome it but they may surprise us.

What is this sudden hype for a 2021 Roadmap, we're already one month closer to 2022 at this point and 2020 Roadmap was simply a reaffirmation that Klei is working hard on the game and will keep providing new updates and reworks without a set number of updates or characters to be declared.

IF they decide to make a 2021 Roadmap, I fully expect it to be a quite general, non detailed testimony on their determination to continue bringing the updates this year too, rather than earthshattering news on new characters, details on the updates or statistics about the game; just like the 2020 one. 

45 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

What is this sudden hype for a 2021 Roadmap, we're already one month closer to 2022 at this point and 2020 Roadmap was simply a reaffirmation that Klei is working hard on the game and will keep providing new updates and reworks without a set number of updates or characters to be declared.

IF they decide to make a 2021 Roadmap, I fully expect it to be a quite general, non detailed testimony on their determination to continue bringing the updates this year too, rather than earthshattering news on new characters, details on the updates or statistics about the game; just like the 2020 one. 

I dunno I doubt that, if it was just a generic we’re gonna keep doing what we were doing then that roadmap would’ve been released already.

But there are several things that should be addressed in their roadmap one of the most notable: how they’re going to handle the new Gen consoles now that those are here.

I hope it’s a little more detailed than last years.

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

The only thing I’m hoping for from the roadmap is info on year of the beef and the next character refresh.

And all I want to know of is the Nox since the games keep referencing it but there's no images. Other than that,  Klei can throw anything my way.

3 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Y’all really need to temper your expectations.

The only thing I’m hoping for from the roadmap is info on year of the beef and the next character refresh.

Some information regarding the next RoT update would also be nice - some hints as to what the sealed portal or mysterious energy do would be great if we aren't going to receive updates to either real soon. I hope that these get updates alongside year of beef or even before it to be honest - I am desperate for a new boss and/or biome!

I genuinely can't imagine what Year of the Beef is going to include other than some changes to Taming and maybe some grooming mechanics. I doubt we will have Beef races, too similar to Carrat and just really obvious, plus they're much bigger and faster than Carrats so tracks would need to be pretty huge.. the scale would likely make it a massive chore/not worth it unless there were some crazy rewards. As simple as the whole lucky nuggets mechanic from previous events seems to be I would love for that to come back in some form as I never got to play any of the past events. Most of all I want some nice new statues - I hate that there is more or less no way for me to obtain the Hound and Varg statues from their event :( I wish that some crazy new raid boss had the chance to drop event statue sketches or other special seasonal items (festive lights outside winters feast - maybe a couple of halloween trinkets etc)

In my case, I expect the finale of the "lunar quest" and I don't expect any NEW character, but I expect (or I hope for) an already existent DLC character to be ported. I don't know which one, though. 

I don't know, I like new content like the lunar archives (which was nuts), but what always makes me go back to the game are the character refreshes and new additions. 

My only concern is that, if they add every single DLC character, they will kinda kill Solo DS (one can argue the content is different and blabla, but I see myself playing solo DS because of Wilbur, Wheeler, Wilba, Woodlegs, etc). That is my opinion anyway, don't throw much manure at my face. 

Archived