[Game Update] - 448916

• Developer

Hello, we're continuing to address bugs on the testing branch (thank for the bug reports!) along with some new art and a new music stinger!

Hotfix Again 448916

• Fix for startup crash when loading saves with discovered warp conduits

Hotfix 448886

• Fix for dupes not falling when digging underneath them.

Original hotfix 448769:

• Oxidizer tank size and efficiency rebalance. Oxidizer tank capacities made generally smaller while oxidizer efficiency is higher.
    • Fertilizer: 100% efficiency,
    • Oxylite 200% efficiency,
    • Liquid Oxygen 400% efficiency.
  • Fixed issue causing all oxidizers efficiency variations to be ignored in range calculation
  • Fixed issue sometimes causing rockets to miscalculate range by 1
  • Large liquid fuel tank capacity slider begins at max instead of 0kg for new fuel tanks
  • Fixed issue that allowed rockets to burn anything in place of their intended fuel type.
  • Fixed unit error in rocket range calculation tooltip.
  • Adjusted rocket launch checklist items for clarity
  • Fixed some typos
  • Fixed a bug where Duplicants would take suits from suit lockers to deliver them to other suit lockers.
  • Oxygen Masks are now made with metal ores.
  • Fixed issue with suits being made of Dirt
  • Updated artwork for the Payload Opener building
  • Updated size bridging art for several rocket modules
  • Added New World Detected notification music

Mods:

• Moved the "Mover" and "Rover" ObjectLayers to the end of the ObjectLayer enum to prevent issues with mods.

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I already noticed some of the changed music before. Nice! 

• Fixed a bug where Duplicants would take suits from suit lockers to deliver them to other suit lockers.

Excellent. That one was a pretty big "WTF???" for me ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixed a bug where Duplicants would take suits from suit lockers to deliver them to other suit lockers.

Yay, that was a very frustrating bug, particularly if you didn't know what was happening. Glad to see it fixed!

47 minutes ago, Hellshound38 said:

update seems to have broke my game. Anytime a dupe has ground dug under him  while I am not watching the screen it gets stuck in the air and doesnt fall, and won't move unless i Save/load or build something under him.

I'm having this type of issue as well with this Game Update.  It's fairly difficult to mine or build floors at the moment without micro managing the dups.  I'll try mining, deconstructing and building floors with the Sandbox until this is resolved.

I've 

Edited by Sigmok

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Hellshound38 said:

update seems to have broke my game. Anytime a dupe has ground dug under him  while I am not watching the screen it gets stuck in the air and doesnt fall, and won't move unless i Save/load or build something under him.

We are looking at this now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fixed a bug where Duplicants would take suits from suit lockers to deliver them to other suit lockers.

Ohhhh I can't believe that! It was the most annoying bug for me so far. Nice! Keep up the good work!

I wonder if we will have one or two new background music of the same astonishing quality in this DLC... I keep humming them all day long.

I was being affected by the dupes not falling issue. Took to the forums. Within 20 mins hotfix. I say yay. Now after hotfix...

90% of my save files from the last 24 hours (huge session of like 6 hours last night) say a black hole ate my game. The other 10% load then I hit unpause and then it eats my game.

First save (cycle 128) and crash log is most recent (aka dupes were falling and I kept saving after saving my dupes) shows black hole then crashes game to desktop.

Second save (cycle 121) and crash log is from last night. is playable for about 5 seconds, then black hole and allows me to submit a report.

Dummy me thought cloud saves only backed up the last few saves, didn't know I still wasn't storing a million saves and multiple GB's worth of saves on my disk.

Player.log Spaceprison idk what I did Cycle 128.sav Player.log Spaceprison Cycle 121.sav

Edited by KnoBuddy

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Mods:

• Moved the "Mover" and "Rover" ObjectLayers to the end of the ObjectLayer enum to prevent issues with mods.

One thing I noticed with enums is that they are often typecast to int and then during compiling it changes into the int value. If mods could use enum types as arguments, this might not be a problem (naturally I can't tell for certain without testing). I wrote wrapper classes myself.

internal static int Subscribe<ComponentType>(this KMonoBehaviour behaviour, GameHashes hash, EventSystem.IntraObjectHandler<ComponentType> handler) where ComponentType : Component
{
    return behaviour.Subscribe((int)hash, handler);
}

This way I don't have to typecast GameHashes and the decompiler can figure out the GameHashes string rather than just printing the int value.

No I'm not telling you to rush to change the entire codebase to comply to this, but it is an issue to consider for future code. Also in general strict types helps to prevent bugs. If you intend an argument to be an enum, specify that it's an enum and the compiler will help to ensure that it is the correct enum type being used.

Sure ObjectLayer is used as array index, which makes it less obvious how to deal with this, but it could still be strict enum typed if it has a get wrapper returning a reference.

Just as I made it to about 20 cycles into a nice thought out run with a terra start. Haha.

Nice work guys! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

(Oh yeah, forgot to say, my latest save loaded beautifully.)

Edited by KnoBuddy

49 minutes ago, Rakoun said:

Wasn't it already metal ores ?

Pretty sure it was cobalt ore when I tested it in the swamp planetoid a few weeks ago.

It was briefly changed to stone when the test branch was first released

• Big Ups 1

Is there a hotfix coming to the main DLC branch? I can't load saves and I'm not on the test branch. In game say I am on EX1-447598-D. EDIT: Some of the other threads sounded like the hotfix was already out but it isn't available to me yet.

Edited by Superstarbeejay

The oxidizer tanks have no liquid input and no selection for LOX. I do see the capacity reduction. It seems there is either a pair of tanks for liquid oxidizer missing or the solid oxidizer tanks need to be changed to also accept liquids and allow selection of LOX.

I did not go so far as to try to put LOX into a fuel tank. That would be very non-intuitive.

15 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Oxidizer tank size and efficiency rebalance. Oxidizer tank capacities made generally smaller while oxidizer efficiency is higher.

• Fertilizer: 100% efficiency,
  • Oxylite 200% efficiency,
  • Liquid Oxygen 400% efficiency.

Can I ask what efficiency means in this case? E.g. does 1 kg of oxylite oxidise 2 kg of petroleum, or does it make the petroleum propel the rocket twice as far?