[Game Update] - 448916

15 minutes ago, MiniDeathStar said:

but in the base game oxidiser efficiency increases the distance, instead of reducing the oxidiser needed.

You are right.. but I stopped thinking how the base game works after so many cycles in DLC :lol:

By the way... just tested it. Efficiency is like stated above. Now you need 1350kg oxylite or 2700kg fertilizer for  2700 kg of petroleum to reach 18 tiles. I need to see how rockets work again because capacity of oxidizer tank changed..

Also @Gurgel sorry.. .no LOX yet. As expected liquid fuel considers only fuel to exist in the tank and not oxidizer.

What I don't get though is why the petroleum engine does not have a liquid input (no storage for fuel) while every other engine has one.

Edited by sakura_sk

37 minutes ago, MiniDeathStar said:

It's how it works in the base game, too.

I try to reason with DLC at the moment :p Having every other engine accept fuel except for petroleum engine I find it confusing.

I know it works differently in the base game like many of other aspects of DLC, that's why I try to not make any comparisons of the two but try to compare in game mechanics for DLC only.

As for LOX, if it is mentioned in the update we should be able to put it somewhere somehow... otherwise there is no LOX at the moment

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fixed issue sometimes causing rockets to miscalculate range by 1

This is NOT fixed.  seems like you made it worst.

Previously (before test branch),  with a CO2 engine, you can go out  2 tiles from the orbit.   and then be able to come back to the orbit.

Now you get stranded 1 tile away from orbit, even though the rocket says there is 1 tile range left.  25kg of fuel and 1 tile remaining.  Yet you're stranded one tile out.

20 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Sure you can, just use hydrogen.

Yes, I have used that for a long time. LOX making without super-coolant is entirely unproblematic. Just use more cooling-circuits if things are too slow.

Now, making liquid hydrogen without super coolant is a bit of a challenge. 

• Developer
3 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

This is NOT fixed.  seems like you made it worst.

Previously (before test branch),  with a CO2 engine, you can go out  2 tiles from the orbit.   and then be able to come back to the orbit.

Now you get stranded 1 tile away from orbit, even though the rocket says there is 1 tile range left.  25kg of fuel and 1 tile remaining.  Yet you're stranded one tile out.

Do you have a save in this state you could share with me?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Do you have a save in this state you could share with me?

yes.  EA-Map3-Swamp_915.sav

So I identified the problem to be related to the one rocket that says "partially fueled".

I moved the rocket around too and deconstructed the fuel tank and replaced it with a different one and then back to the CO2 tank and it still has a partially fueled bug.

I constructed another rocket and with same module configuration and the newly constructed one didn't have the partially fueled bug.

Even though it has 100kg  its partially fueled.   something with the calculations.   it says it can go 4 tiles.  but  it will get stranded.

The cloned rocket will go 4 tiles but does not get stranded.   now this rocket  before the test branch worked.  something in the test branch has messed with the fuel.

Rocket XV <- bugged rocket.  (says partially fuelled)

S.S. Interstellar SAT  is the same configuration but  NOT bugged.

Both rocket are fully 100kg    

1.thumb.jpg.a6afd4e5288c146b66eb6f0c577ed36f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.d64e201bd7556413ba9c2f61cd7dfbca.jpg

EA-Map3-Swamp_932.sav

Crash at get Achievement 'Home Sweet Home' !

[16:07:23.121] [1] [INFO] SetAchievement WINCONDITION_STAY True
[16:07:23.121] [1] [INFO] StoreStats True
[16:07:23.179] [1] [WARNING] Trying to play duplicate song: Music_Victory_01_Message
[16:07:23.227] [1] [ERROR] StoryMessageScreen Error in StoryMessageScreen.StoryMessageScreen.OnSpawn 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at StoryMessageScreen.HideInterface (System.Boolean hide) 

The game is still bugged with its calculations.

The newly created rocket did work for a while,  but later had a stranded bug calculation like the first one.

It said there were 4 tiles remaining range,  and I did what I normally did  move out 2 tiles from the main base, researched, tried to move back to the orbit but it was stranded by 1 tile  with 1 tile remaining.   

3 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

The game is still bugged with its calculations.

The newly created rocket did work for a while,  but later had a stranded bug calculation like the first one.

It said there were 4 tiles remaining range,  and I did what I normally did  move out 2 tiles from the main base, researched, tried to move back to the orbit but it was stranded by 1 tile  with 1 tile remaining.   

I've got the exact same issue with the Co2 engine, in the tooltip it reports 100kg of fuel with a range of 4 tiles, but at the same time it also says that the destination is out of range.

Screenshot (4).png

• Like 1