ENCORE Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Radiant Star Caller's Staff)

1 minute ago, ElloShifters said:

What is this a reskin for? I'm going to try to get it anyway, just not sure what I can expect to use it on

I think the name is star caller staff. The wand that spawn a start lol. English is not my main.

18 minutes ago, ElloShifters said:

What is this a reskin for? I'm going to try to get it anyway, just not sure what I can expect to use it on

Its a skin for an item you can only craft if you luck up on finding a precrafted science machine structure in an underground cave biome (and before other players can find and destroy this structure before you find it) 

Despite being a game called Dont Starve TOGETHER, this is probably one of the last games you’ll want to play with random strangers in due to the extremities of  the unreversable grieving potential they have at their disposal.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong about this.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Despite being a game called Dont Starve TOGETHER, this is probably one of the last games you’ll want to play with random strangers in due to the extremities of  the unreversable grieving potential they have at their disposal.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong about this.

this is one of the few cases where it might actually matter whether or not you're on console, since the culture surrounding cooperative play could be pretty different there, but in my experience, the vast majority of players are friendly enough...the worst thing most of them can be is base-sitters, rather than full on destroying or torching structures...

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Its a skin for an item you can only craft if you luck up on finding a precrafted science machine structure in an underground cave biome (and before other players can find and destroy this structure before you find it) 

Unless the world doesnt generte properly, there always is a repaired ancient pseudoscience station, but you ca ncraft star caller staffs on broken ones, and most griefers or noobs that dont know what it does dont even go to the ruins in the first place, so is there a reason for you to sound so salty or does the console community find it much easier to go to the ruins

UwU what is that in your pants...

UwU what is that long shaft....

UwU I-Is that f-f-for m-me....

That conclude the cringe of the day. As I have used all available cringe points no one else can be cringe-y, thank you for your understanding.

4 hours ago, terror formed said:

Why did you change the drops before posting any kind of update in game or on the forums, you've made a lot of people upset 

These drops have been rotating for at least two weeks now. They change every Friday - you can see the announcement made here:

Anyone who has been paying attention would've known it was a weekly rotation by now.

3 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Unless the world doesnt generte properly, there always is a repaired ancient pseudoscience station, but you ca ncraft star caller staffs on broken ones, and most griefers or noobs that dont know what it does dont even go to the ruins in the first place, so is there a reason for you to sound so salty or does the console community find it much easier to go to the ruins

Honest answer: it’s probably much easier.. we can’t have no where near as many mobs in our worlds & we can’t have world sizes beyond “big” most of the games customization settings lock in at default & can only be toggled to less, or none.

But there Is a general consciousness behind Xbox players in particular that grieving = Fun.. it’s a reoccurring issue that I encounter in ANY Multiplayer game case in point: if you try to play State of Decay 2 with random strangers (a game where dying is permanent & your character is lost forever should they die..) You will more often than not end up having people join who will fire loud guns intentionally to draw every mob to your location and then they’ll leave the game or worse.. they’ll blow up all your vehicles or waste resources.

Did I mention this is 4 player drop in drop out COOP game with no versus modes?

People can just be pricks.. it happens in any game you’ll play ever: And outside of State of Decay, or Ark Survival Evolved: Dont Starve Together is the 3rd largest candidate for player grieving potential to seriously damage your worlds/progress.

With Ark and SoD their damage is permanent and irreparable but AT LEAST Don’t Starve Together has the Rollback feature: Although using that comes at the cost of everyone in the entire server losing a day or so of gameplay progress.

These are the largest factors of why I play this Multiplayer game mostly Alone, but when people I can play with and trust not to be pricks can be online to play with me: I am thankful that the game HAS Multiplayer & can invite them and we can have fun doing the “Together” part of the game.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honest answer: it’s probably much easier.. we can’t have no where near as many mobs in our worlds & we can’t have world sizes beyond “big” most of the games customization settings lock in at default & can only be toggled to less, or none.

Most people likely play with default settings—I know I do, so this doesn't change anything as long as the default settings on console are the same.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

But there Is a general consciousness behind Xbox players in particular that grieving = Fun..

Griefing is common on PC as well, but having problems with pseudoscience stations isn't. The ruins is dangerous and not something you can just easily decide to grief—most griefers would be too lazy or too inexperienced to do so. There are also many stations and hammering one spawns more dangers.
Finally, all hammered stations can be instantly brought back by regenerating the ruins, so it's not really a worthy endeavor unless you also go with the trouble of killing the ancient guardian and hiding the key.. assuming no one crafted a thulecite medal already. Even then, the key can still be found.

I guess my point is: is this really something that you encounter often or just a hypothetical? If it's the former, console must have some really dedicated griefers :o

Archived