What does nightmare fuel taste like (And what are the effects)?

30 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

tastes like whatever you dont like to eat

I mean, that's probably the most likely taste for raw nightmare fuel. But that's kind of boring to just settle on that, what are the char's least favorite foods? Could wig/wurt not eat it because it tastes like vegetables/meat? Or maybe it tastes like the most harmful food? And even then we don't know what the nightmare fuel in the grim galette tastes like because webber apparently says it's good? Who knows really....

I always thought it'd taste like rotting flesh or something equally as awful. And it would affect all your stats in a negative way (kinda like raw monster meat but worse??)

All the characters could have their own comments about what it tastes like or how bad it is (if you want to take it that far).

Funny I find this thread. My OC (Kage) is a character that's made up of nightmare fuel and can eat it in a pinch if he has low health/hunger (much like Wortox and his souls) but it would lower his sanity quite a bit. He would comment that it tastes horrible but in addition, his favorite food is Grim Gallette.

So there's my headcanons and fun facts related to this topic.

22 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Side effects may include: Slight headaches, minor throat irritation, numbness, minor lapse of judgement, fuzzy vision, visual or auditory hallucinations, elongation of the jaw, loss of limbs, loss of face, escape from your mortal flesh prison, the complete and total destruction of your civilization.

Try yours today!

The People in the Commercial:

giphy.gif

How about being tasteless? I think it may be tasteless, and that makes easy to change its taste (with potatoes and onion). Also that if it tastes like "magic" or "melancholy"... well, does it means kind of bad trip? Like hearing colours and seeing sounds.

3 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

I get the feeling the texture is like butter. 

Maybe it feels like more of a slightly melty butter due to wortox saying it's squishy.

Although I don't know about the texture being buttery as it looks more like jelly in-game.

Or maybe it could taste like butter?

On 1/1/2021 at 10:37 PM, ZeeDragon said:

I mean judging from character quotes it seems that it may have a texture or taste that the survivors don't like.

I don't like puke, so I think it tastes like puke

willlow likes warm things im pretty sure

I feel like Nightmare fuel is like a liquid more than solid, kinda like blood or obleck, toughens when you punch it, oozes when you hold it. I feel like it would taste like Black Licorice with the effects of you having all the bad nightmares you've had or done in the past flash before your eyes lowering your sanity until the effects wear off. 

14 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

I feel like Nightmare fuel is like a liquid more than solid, kinda like blood or obleck, toughens when you punch it, oozes when you hold it. I feel like it would taste like Black Licorice with the effects of you having all the bad nightmares you've had or done in the past flash before your eyes lowering your sanity until the effects wear off. 

Ok but how does all your bad nightmares "taste" exactly

Why am I imagining OP talking like a consipracy theorist that had too much coffee?

As for the taste. I'd say it varies depending on the consumer, and the taste represents their worst moment in life. For Willow though I think it's the opposite, since she becomes stronger when insane, and it's because of the nightmares she essentialy freed herself from the orphanage.

For Webber it would make sense for it to be cold and slippery, since you get cold when dying and the insides of a spider are definitely slippery.

For Wortox... it is a stretch but the moment when he tried to free a baby beefalo that was probably squishy followed up by the curse would probably bring back some bad memories.

To be more specific on the taste aspect, lets say that Wendy eats the gallete. It wouldn't be a simple taste like sweet, bitter or puke-inducing. It would be a sensation of a nearby ocean breeze with a light scent of flowers.

9 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

Why am I imagining OP talking like a consipracy theorist that had too much coffee?

As for the taste. I'd say it varies depending on the consumer, and the taste represents their worst moment in life. For Willow though I think it's the opposite, since she becomes stronger when insane, and it's because of the nightmares she essentialy freed herself from the orphanage.

For Webber it would make sense for it to be cold and slippery, since you get cold when dying and the insides of a spider are definitely slippery.

For Wortox... it is a stretch but the moment when he tried to free a baby beefalo that was probably squishy followed up by the curse would probably bring back some bad memories.

To be more specific on the taste aspect, lets say that Wendy eats the gallete. It wouldn't be a simple taste like sweet, bitter or puke-inducing. It would be a sensation of a nearby ocean breeze with a light scent of flowers.

So you're telling me... that if wortox and webber held the same nightmare fuel at the same time? The nightmare fuel is jello?

And also if that's the case why do you think woodie says it's liquid?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:40 AM, YottaCat said:

First of all, just because something is bad in general doesn't mean it would have a bad taste, like the cotton candy in the attic, it tastes good, but probably isn't good for you.

Second of all, there's a lot of bad tasting stuff in the world that isn't puke.

Third of all, how do you know puke tastes bad? That implies you've tried it before.

Bro the cotton candy in the attic is great, its only bad for you because its got alot of sugar

10 minutes ago, Timszzee said:

Bro the cotton candy in the attic is great, its only bad for you because its got alot of sugar

Yeah agreed, if it had less sugar I would start eating it more. 
Maybe the cotton candy in the attic DOES taste like nightmare fuel.

59 minutes ago, YottaCat said:

So you're telling me... that if wortox and webber held the same nightmare fuel at the same time? The nightmare fuel is jello?

I would assume that it is like wearing or touching certain materials. Two people can hold something ordinary like a towel and have wildly differing opinions on it because of how their brain perceives the material. So while it would technically be the same material they are both holding, they would still assume the same things as that's how their brain perceives it, instead of how the material actually feels.

As for Taste:

"As you lean beneath a burning tree, you start having a debilitating and gnawing hunger pang inside of you. You are starving and are left without any nearby food nor the light the get back to base, hence the burning tree. Examining the materials you have on you, you have nothing on you that can be deemed edible. Just a bunch of gold and rocks. Then the thought crosses your mind, 'What if Nightmare Fuel is edible?', you have plenty on you and it wasn't like you were going to survive much longer if it didn't fill your stomach. You take a bit and shove it in your mouth and you taste... nothing. Not that it has no taste, but rather it has a complete absence of any practical or physical weight. It fills you, but also doesn't. You feel the taste of it going down your throat, but also not. You can feel your mind being torn apart from eating such a mind altering substance, but also not. As dawn breaks, you feel queasy and wobbly but the hunger is gone. You vow to never try to eat this stuff ever again.

As the days and weeks pass by, you are just casually waiting for the crockpots to get done with your meal, you ponder over why the fuel tastes as it does. You consider that it might be made of stuff you didn't like as it is 'NIGHTMARE fuel', but then you wonder why it didn't taste like that cake you made where you confused salt for sugar or literal fire. Then you start to get more philosophical, 'Maybe it tastes like the Void?' The fear of the void, the fear that nothing you do matters and that the black abyss will consume you all, is one that is shared among all beings of developed consciousness. Maybe the taste of nightmare fuel was because deep down, it is the void that we all fear the most. While we may see the surface level of terrors through it's inky glaze, when fully digested and consumed, we get our deepest and most rooted fears. As your pies finally become finished, you depart upon another venture with a sense of dread and despair being stuck to your stomach like Elmer's glue."

So in short, I believe that Nightmare Fuel would taste like the void, as it something that is deeply rooted in fear of our being.

Archived