Jump to content

Nuclear Meltdown is Beautiful


Recommended Posts

So I'm playing around with a nuclear reactor, and I found out what happens when you cut the coolant. Next thing you know it's spewing radioactive comets and now fallout gas is everywhere. Sure it's a spectacle, but that makes me wonder, will we get nuclear stuff this year or next year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

They told us recently, they have something for us to play with before the holidays. What? We´ll see. Maybe its an early version of the nuclear system. Maybe its a ice cream machine... who knows what the Devs are planing... 

They actually told us what:

Quote

[...]

but now we're turning our attention back to the classic Sandstone Start and building out the inner cluster to support it. You can look forward to that in time for the holidays!

[...]

And just to let you know, as always Klei will be shut down for two weeks at the end of the month. We'll have hotfixes and the Sandstone Start coming before then, but otherwise: Enjoy the holidays!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think they will release something as new as radioactivity before christmas. Most likely just a few more asteroids, some new buildings and rocket parts.

Radioactivity will be one of the main topics of the DLC so i'd expect it to have a high attention update release after the holiday season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blash365 said:

Radioactivity will be one of the main topics of the DLC so i'd expect it to have a high attention update release after the holiday season.

Yea from what i`ve seen in the game codex there is a lot of interconnected buildings that use the radioactive stuff. Seems like they can`t just add one thing as it all needs other buildings to work. Everything is in the codex but i spoilered it anyway.

Spoiler

Like the nuclear reactor needs enriched uranium and you need a separate building to produce that. Then another building connected to it is supposed to produce high energy particles that power a number of different buildings including a science station. I assume the HEPs are the little blue thingys floating around in the dlc teaser gif.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

little blue thingys floating around in the dlc teaser gif

AFAIK those are already revealed to be some kind of signaling technique.

Not sure yet what its place would be on the side of automation wires, but that's what was said before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blash365 said:

AFAIK those are already revealed to be some kind of signaling technique.

Not sure yet what its place would be on the side of automation wires, but that's what was said before.

Possibly but the station in the gif is a research station and it requires the HEPs to work so it would all fit together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Possibly but the station in the gif is a research station and it requires the HEPs to work so it would all fit together.

Good point. But let's hope there would be a bit more usages for that new mechanic than just the research station. And for HEP i cant think of much but researching tbh.;)

Maybe enriching minerals?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Good point. But let's hope there would be a bit more usages for that new mechanic than just the research station. And for HEP i cant think of much but researching tbh.;)

Maybe enriching minerals?

From what i`ve seen the interplanetary laucher has a "HEP port". There is also a new cooking station mentioned in one of the new food recipies. It might use those as well. What else? Maybe a new rocket engine could be powered by those. A mineral transmutation station. Maybe an X-ray lamp for disinfection or a super advanced medical station. There is a lot of stuff that can use those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, Xenologist said:

So I'm playing around with a nuclear reactor, and I found out what happens when you cut the coolant. Next thing you know it's spewing radioactive comets and now fallout gas is everywhere. Sure it's a spectacle, but that makes me wonder, will we get nuclear stuff this year or next year?

I really hope it can legit go to, like, 1 million degrees. Flash-boil abyssalite to tungsten gas, obliterating the entire asteroid down to the neutronium.

The people who find it hilarious will vastly exceed the people who ragequit, guaranteed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tsabo said:

I really hope it can legit go to, like, 1 million degrees. Flash-boil abyssalite to tungsten gas, obliterating the entire asteroid down to the neutronium.

The people who find it hilarious will vastly exceed the people who ragequit, guaranteed.

+1000 :adoration: Can`t wait to toy around with the stuff in survival mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Yes the interplanetary launcher has an "input HEP port" as a requirement. You can check for yourself, it`s in the game database but has temp art atm.

I guess then we can settle the discussion one what that port might be.^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Yes the interplanetary launcher has an "input HEP port" as a requirement. You can check for yourself, it`s in the game database but has temp art atm.

High Energy Plasma?

Highly Enriched Plutonium?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZanthraSW said:

Probably high energy particle or highly energetic particle or something to that effect.

I just hope we can use molten salt as coolant.

Some of the Soviet reactors used to use liquid lead as coolant, and that too is also in the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tsabo said:

Some of the Soviet reactors used to use liquid lead as coolant, and that too is also in the game

Soviet...I wish I could build the games reactor`s in to some nuclear sub...Which then can be used as space ship. In this way I can have my dream in the game :bee::bee::bee:

One day, when save games are stable in a few years...Then I can dupe build my final SSN20 rocket silo with some decor mods. That`l be great !

Give us fire in the game :excitement: Need all rocketz !

image.thumb.png.a24f7ef7137161936d6deff383cca9c1.pngimage.png.cc6561f6de3628524433e4efe5138084.pngimage.png.6bac9cecf8266e7d8746ac5bf827437c.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...