Do you still enjoy playing single player

I like single player, have I been playing it recently? No. But this question goes for anybody, even if you don't own single player Don't starve, would you buy it for the experience/ DLC. But if you have played, why did you stop and what would make you come back?

Personally I would play more if more interesting mods were being made.

should I be having a discussion about DS on the DST forum. Maybe. But that's because it's more of a why are you playing DST and not DS type question!

11 minutes ago, WhackE said:

if you don't own single player Don't starve, would you buy it for the experience/ DLC.
If you have played, why did you stop and what would make you come back?
 why are you playing DST and not DS

Why is everything in the OP worded under the assumption that absolutely nobody responding plays DS at all?

Personally I play Don't Starve a lot, usually for more total time than DST. The two DLC worlds have so much going for them that I constantly feel like I have more to see, so I spend all my time in SW and Hamlet while only using RoG for resources and character swapping. It feels like a sandbox that's constantly getting new shipments of sand, despite all of the content already being in the game, and I love it.

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

Why is everything in the OP worded under the assumption that absolutely nobody responding plays DS at all?

A lot of people have migrated to DST, it's getting updated, more people are playing it.

Gorgeous skins, constant new updates and content, seasonal events, chance to play with others on occasion, can play with my partner etc.

I do like DS as well it just feels a little empty (ROG that is) and limited now.  Also its far more unforgiving and I hate that you can just lose worlds completely if you die and can't rez quickly enough, I do enjoy the challenges of DST but I prefer the whole sandbox concept and mega basing and hoarding stupid amounts of items than the actual challenge especially considering once your set up late game in DST its less about difficulty and more about efficiency.

8 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally I play Don't Starve a lot, usually for more total time than DST. The two DLC worlds have so much going for them that I constantly feel like I have more to see, so I spend all my time in SW and Hamlet while only using RoG for resources and character swapping. It feels like a sandbox that's constantly getting new shipments of sand, despite all of the content already being in the game, and I love it.

I do like single player, The DLC's add lots of new content and exploration (even if I haven't played Hamlet). But I feel as though I've done everything, I should go back and play it absolutely.

I'm asking the question for people who haven't played it too, because even if they have played Vanilla, without RoG it's a little bare.

A longer TL:DR Reply:

Honestly, I wouldn’t play DS single player at all if all of its content (including pre-return of them gameplay, characters and dlcs) was incorporated into DST..

BUT let me ask you this- do you still play Batman Arkham Asylum.. or do you instead play the newest most advanced in innovations and content Arkham Knight?

usually people do not continue to play the older release when something newer and more advanced comes along.

Im currently enjoying the newly released Hamlet (released just this year for PS4/Xbox and Switch) but even that will eventually wear out its charm and I’ll go back to DST.

DS Solo holds a level of frustration that I just can’t get over- Without MODS, without updates to the game it is frustrating to play solo DS Especially As Wendy.. You can’t even tell how much Health Abigail has in Solo DS.. her Rework made her a billion times better in DST.

once I beat chapter 5:5 I will likely ONLY play DS single player for Hamlet, Shipwrecked and the other handful of characters DST does not have.

But I would much rather that content become compatible within DST so I can enjoy the characters, and biomes of those expansions and if I want to- I can invite a friend to join and play along with me.

2 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Gorgeous skins, constant new updates and content, seasonal events, chance to play with others on occasion, can play with my partner etc.

I do like DS as well it just feels a little empty (ROG that is) and limited now.  Also its far more unforgiving and I hate that you can just lose worlds completely if you die and can't rez quickly enough, I do enjoy the challenges of DST but I prefer the whole sandbox concept and mega basing and hoarding stupid amounts of items than the actual challenge especially considering once your set up late game in DST its less about difficulty and more about efficiency.

That's interesting, I like the unforgiving aspect, it makes everything interesting, But I can understand the goofiness' of DST, when you get to a point where you have more materials than you know what yo do with. 

No, dst is a much more polished product.

Singleplayer ds is no longer getting any updates and the best thing it has to offer is megabase building if you have all 3 dlcs purchased.

However even that is hard to do since it has many bugs some of which are game-breaking.

5 minutes ago, WhackE said:

That's interesting, I like the unforgiving aspect, it makes everything interesting, But I can understand the goofiness' of DST, when you get to a point where you have more materials than you know what yo do with. 

I'm playing hollow knight at the moment and that's more than enough unforgiving-ness for me =P

Jokes aside I do like the challenging aspects to a degree I just love the sandbox and endlessness more I guess.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

A longer TL:DR Reply:

Honestly, I wouldn’t play DS single player at all if all of its content (including pre-return of them gameplay, characters and dlcs) was incorporated into DST..

BUT let me ask you this- do you still play Batman Arkham Asylum.. or do you instead play the newest most advanced in innovations and content Arkham Knight?

usually people do not continue to play the older release when something newer and more advanced comes along.

Im currently enjoying the newly released Hamlet (released just this year for PS4/Xbox and Switch) but even that will eventually wear out its charm and I’ll go back to DST.

DS Solo holds a level of frustration that I just can’t get over- Without MODS, without updates to the game it is frustrating to play solo DS Especially As Wendy.. You can’t even tell how much Health Abigail has in Solo DS.. her Rework made her a billion times better in DST.

once I beat chapter 5:5 I will likely ONLY play DS single player for Hamlet, Shipwrecked and the other handful of characters DST does not have.

But I would much rather that content become compatible within DST so I can enjoy the characters, and biomes of those expansions and if I want to- I can invite a friend to join and play along with me.

I agree with your comparison to newer versions of game series etc with Batman. Only issue is that ******* batmobile in the third one that ruins the game hahahaha the second one is far superior cause you're actually playing as Batman and not playing as a car for 50% of the game. Also I too would love for a bunch of the content from Shipwrecked and Hamlet to be added to DST but only that which fits. I REALLY want the Tiger Shark boss in DST, so damn cute.

27 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

However even that is hard to do since it has many bugs some of which are game-breaking.

What bugs are there that make it hard to megabase? There's lots of small harmless bugs that just feel kind of silly to see, but the only game-breaking bugs I know of are incredibly specific to trigger and very few in number.

Ok okay so you got me on the Bat-Tank maybe that was a bad example (though if you own the season pass the extra content is what keeps you playing not the story..) 

I guess a BETTER comparison would have been Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2..

L4D2 eventually ended up getting all of the content maps, characters and modes of L4D1.. it effectively killed L4D1- But it sure as heck flooded more people into playing L4D2, the ones who clinched onto L4D1 not wanting it to die eventually abandoned it because all the content of L4D was now part of L4D2.

I keep asking for DS Solo & DST to be merged into one game, similar to how L4D2 pretty much hammered nails into L4D1’s coffin.

But In my head I picture being able to play SW or Hamlet and still earn my weekly skin drops for time played.

Realistically I don’t know if it will ever be possible, but I do know it would greatly make me very happy if it were to ever happen,

and Klei has already HEAVILY Hinted at Cross-Platform play.. Cross play would mean being able to find more people to play with- but if DST did to DS Solo what L4D2 did to L4D1 then we would also have the players who play DS Solo flocking to DST.

The TL:DR Cross-Play & the L4D2 treatment would bring in more players to DST.

I use other games as references because they’re clear examples of it being done before and working out for them.

However.. Only Klei knows what’s best for their game and where to best use their resources, I repeat this like a broken record because it’s THE #1 thing Klei could do that I would personally most enjoy.

What I can say for certain: is that if DST got the L4D2 treatment I wouldn’t touch DS solo ever again. I’d have no further need to.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I love single player but i wish klei decides to clean it. Have that many bugs that is unconfortable and frusttating o play...

Well, you're going to have to wait a long, long, time for that day.

I play singleplayer, but mostly for content that's not in DST, like Shipwrecked and Hamlet. Except for actual bugs and errors (Wheeler has a lot of those, although I haven't hit one that crashed the game since the lightning effect update), I don't prefer DST over DS mechanically, but I do like the character customization offered by skins and the opportunity to shoot the breeze with other players. I also like the Forge mod, which obviously isn't going to work in singleplayer.

I like single player. I have more total hours on it than I do DST across the various versions. Even RoG, which has a different style of world generation than DST does. I don't even mean things that got added in DST I mean the world gen itself just...ends up different for some reason. Single player lacks some of the improvements and polish of DST but it's still quite enjoyable to me.

I still enjoy singleplayer, though it's been a while since I went back to it.  But there's a REASON I've installed mods that put in some of the newer stuff that only DST has, put it that way.  I now have meteor showers, gates and fences, a toadstool and a (differently functioning) wardrobe in my regular DS, and I ain't lookin' back.

I still wish the resource variants would come to singleplayer (CANONLY, I mean, not just with mods), if nothing else. For one thing it would make deserts seem less empty if we sometimes had grass geckos running around...And the occasionall tall berry bush or twiggy tree would spruce up the landscape as well.

But that's just me.  (shrug)

...Notorius

I do like it play it from time to time but lack of many things like animation cancelling, hitting Chester,overheating caves, fast burning of trees,no smoldering etc. makes it somewhat tedious. Also due to constant updates in DST currently more into DST.

Archived