Vote Dont starve together for Labour of Love Award!!!

3 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Wasn't there already a thread about it?

yes but people have to spread the word!!!

let it be known that klei deserves that award everybody.tell your friends, your family, tell your dog/cat, tell the ants, tell everyone of how much klei deserves that award.

I don’t understand why there’s only one category to vote this game for, and I don’t understand why it is only limited to Steam players- It’s the Console players who should be voting.. 

For PC Gamers a large majority of the content Klei has been adding across 2019/2020 has already existed on the PC version in some form or another through Mods, now I’m not saying everything has been like that obviously, but features such as Abigails skins, Beard skins, the cookbook etc have all been mods before they were official content, people even had Wortox’s mod going before his release.

I don’t have anything against mods, or the people who use them and make great content out of them, but for Console players this game has had significant changes in new content drops, even something as seemingly unimportant as having a Random button for Season Starts & Season Lengths has gone a long way in improving the game for console players.

Labor of Love is a Steam only award nomination- but why the hell isn’t their a category for things like best DLC release of 2019/2020, or most improved game of the year.

It seems rather cheap and rigged to me for DST to only be voteable on Steam (and only if you’ve spent 5$ on Steam) for Labor of Love.

I sincerely hope they win.. as they most certainly deserve it, but my question is why aren’t there categories to vote on CONSOLES for DST in huge upcoming award shows like the December game awards?

Everyone who CAN vote for DST please I highly encourage you to go do so :) :wilson_love::wickerbottomthanks:

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t understand why there’s only one category to vote this game for, and I don’t understand why it is only limited to Steam players- It’s the Console players who should be voting.. 

As Zeklo already explained, most of the categories are limited to games that released in 2020, since these are the 2020 awards. Labor of Love accepts all games as nominations because it is for games that have been continually worked on by the devs post-release.

As for why console players can't vote--the Steam awards are only for Steam games which have been nominated and voted on by Steam users. Other game awards may accept nominations for other games from other people, but these awards are specifically Steam-based.

The "spend $5 to vote" isn't specifically about the voting; spending $5 is just the default requirement to verify your account to make sure you're not a bot. A lot of other Steam features are blocked off without doing this as well.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Labor of Love is a Steam only award nomination- but why the hell isn’t their a category for things like best DLC release of 2019/2020, or most improved game of the year.

A best DLC release category would actually be very cool! Most Improved would probably be too similar to Labor of Love, though.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Did.. did they Win? :wilson_love:

With competitors like CS:GO, DOTA or TF2 I don't believe so. Those have all-times-high player numbers going over 1 million, while DST managed only 68k 2 years ago. Their databases are huge and also get constant updates, thus.

Even so, being nominated in the first 5 positions matters, and if DST/KLei manages that is also a win from publicity/general awareness standpoint.

Archived