Vote Dont starve together for Labour of Love Award!!!

22 minutes ago, Mthestarver20 said:

This game needs more recognition,they should start promoting their game!

Yes.. god it’s such a good game, everyone at Klei probably thinks I’m crazy when I keep saying it has the potential to compete Toe to Toe against Minecraft, But think about it- Nearly every month it gets a free update.. AND Unlike Minecraft- The character you pick in DST each have unique playstyles and gameplay a whopping list of over 20 playable unique characters (if you include the dlc ones not in DST yet..) No matter what skin you pick in MINECRAFT they’re all going to play like Steve the default skin.

Klei has an amazing content rich game here, it has worlds to explore, skins galore, and with each update continues to grow into so much more.

I haven’t played any other Klei games outside of the Dont Starve franchise, But if Oxygen Not Included is just as content rich as DS/DST then it’s something I’d love to play if it were ever made available to console players.

Its one thing to have a good game, but it’s another thing entirely to have people working at Klei be as nice & friendly & helpful to people on their forums as they have been. I normally don’t buy in game skins or cosmetics for a game because it feels like greedy money hungry companies trying to take everything in your Wallet.

But with KLEI it’s different, I buy skins because I feel they’ve EARNED it, they provide me with completely free dlc updates on just about a monthly basis, and the only form of revenue they make off the game beyond the purchase of the game itself is on these skins, Skins that most the time people can still just weave/earn for free anyway.

Honestly I’m surprised how Klei makes any income at all of DS/DST. But they have an amazing game that more then deserves its recognition. 

A game that is NOT littered with paid DLC pay walls, tons of in game micro transactions or pay to win gameplay mechanics- It is rare to find games like this in 2020.. and In my opinion it feels like finding a diamond in a pile of coal.

Labor of Love is just a reward- a Title.. what Klei really deserves is more people getting the game known through word of mouth sales, tell everyone, tell everyone you know, tell everyone you don’t know, tell random strangers you play one round of Apex Legends with on Xbox Live!

I want to see this game and this company get the recognition amongst gamers that it truly deserves.. Winning Labor of Love won’t get them that..

But I Encourage everyone who feels the game DESERVES that vote to please go & do so if you can. :wickerbottomthanks::wilson_love:

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes.. god it’s such a good game, everyone at Klei probably thinks I’m crazy when I keep saying it has the potential to compete Toe to Toe against Minecraft,

i absolutely agree since i abandoned minecraft after i begin playing this

On 12/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, VouMorrer said:

i absolutely agree since i abandoned minecraft after i begin playing this

i won't lie i've been playing minecraft again nowadays.

there mainly one reason for it and its quite dumb 

Dream SMP.thats the whole reason.the Dream SMP got me back into playing minecraft 

but thats off topic yeah klei should promote their games here or there so they can get more recognition but in a small way i don't want the DST community to get bigger.its just if the community grows bigger more people like edgy rick will start showing up and nobody wants that:lol:

vote for them but not to be rude I think that gta will just win

good promotion though

but why only labor of love

aren't there other rewards

On 12/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Yes.. god it’s such a good game, everyone at Klei probably thinks I’m crazy when I keep saying it has the potential to compete Toe to Toe against Minecraft, But think about it- Nearly every month it gets a free update.. AND Unlike Minecraft- The character you pick in DST each have unique playstyles and gameplay a whopping list of over 20 playable unique characters (if you include the dlc ones not in DST yet..) No matter what skin you pick in MINECRAFT they’re all going to play like Steve the default skin.

Klei has an amazing content rich game here, it has worlds to explore, skins galore, and with each update continues to grow into so much more.

I haven’t played any other Klei games outside of the Dont Starve franchise, But if Oxygen Not Included is just as content rich as DS/DST then it’s something I’d love to play if it were ever made available to console players.

Its one thing to have a good game, but it’s another thing entirely to have people working at Klei be as nice & friendly & helpful to people on their forums as they have been. I normally don’t buy in game skins or cosmetics for a game because it feels like greedy money hungry companies trying to take everything in your Wallet.

But with KLEI it’s different, I buy skins because I feel they’ve EARNED it, they provide me with completely free dlc updates on just about a monthly basis, and the only form of revenue they make off the game beyond the purchase of the game itself is on these skins, Skins that most the time people can still just weave/earn for free anyway.

Honestly I’m surprised how Klei makes any income at all of DS/DST. But they have an amazing game that more then deserves its recognition. 

A game that is NOT littered with paid DLC pay walls, tons of in game micro transactions or pay to win gameplay mechanics- It is rare to find games like this in 2020.. and In my opinion it feels like finding a diamond in a pile of coal.

Labor of Love is just a reward- a Title.. what Klei really deserves is more people getting the game known through word of mouth sales, tell everyone, tell everyone you know, tell everyone you don’t know, tell random strangers you play one round of Apex Legends with on Xbox Live!

I want to see this game and this company get the recognition amongst gamers that it truly deserves.. Winning Labor of Love won’t get them that..

But I Encourage everyone who feels the game DESERVES that vote to please go & do so if you can. :wickerbottomthanks::wilson_love:

bro you really care about the game

22 minutes ago, Animelover564 said:

vote for them but not to be rude I think that gta will just win

good promotion though

but why only labor of love

aren't there other rewards

bro you really care about the game

This year’s rules have changed. Those who have won the prize before cannot get the same prize in the new year.

As an independent game, dst is nominated in this award almost every year. It is the pride of independent games. To compete with large games such as gta, dota2, and csgo is quite an amazing result, and it is also very difficult. I really hope dst can win this award, because klei really cares about their games and community. They are one of the best gaming companies in the world.

2 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Why? Does the game really need more exposure?

Vote for a more indie title instead, a lot of people could use the exposure.

like who?(im not asking this as a rude question.im just curious who you think needs more exposure)

also yes DST needs more exposure.

4 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

Why? Does the game really need more exposure?

Vote for a more indie title instead, a lot of people could use the exposure.

Maybe Off-Topic Reply in Spoiler?

Spoiler

Actually- Yes it does, I played DST last night with random peoples on Xbox live, I only was friends with one person in the game everyone else was a bunch of very young kids arguing back and fourth about Krampus Sack, Shadow Pieces boss fights etc- things to be quite honest I highly doubt they were actually doing, but.. nonetheless it was kinda fun watching random people run around dying, I helped them where I could when I could but Let me make it pretty clear that I am NOT going to hold anyone’s hand and carry them through this game-

Where was that offer for Me back when I played Solo DS? Nah what I instead got treated with was more often then not “A Cold Reception” and I’m not even joking that’s literally the name of the chapter I would end up in upon wondering up on Adventure Modes door.

Outside of these arguing kids being able to physically hurt my ears in real-life (hence why I often mute them..) I actually had fun, I’ve pretty much accepted that despite the fact DS is supposed to be a fairly brutal game it somehow attracts these kids to it.

likely got a lot to do with the art of the game and wonky cast of characters- but past that it becomes pretty uncompromising.. 

More exposure to this game may draw more people to it that offer up bad ideas, I can’t honestly say the things I’ve suggested have been much better, but in the end I trust that Klei knows a good idea & a bad idea when they see it.. I’ve also been around these forums long enough to witness that those same new to the game players can sometimes bring incredible suggestions to the table we never knew we needed.

My one and only concern is the game attracting the Wrong kind of Audience, And Klei getting suggestions from that Audience that eventually ends up making the franchise as a whole unrecognizable to Me.

Pretty much all I’m begging is that Klei don’t take a game that started out as one Genre and then turn it into another simply because that’s what’s more popular and attracts more players.

It made me angry and unhappy when Resident Evil went from a resource managing survival puzzle horror game to a Action Shooter game with more explosions and cutscenes then most Michael Bay movies.. So please Klei- Just don’t do it...

Yes I want Dont Starve & Klei to be able to compete Toe to Toe with Minecraft, NOBODY can deny that potential.. but what I Don’t want is for them to lose the identity of what they started out as in the process.

On Topic Reply- Now go right now, get your vote in, GO VOTE FOR DST!

Quite a late question but the link doesn't work for me, just sends me to the homepage? I've been trying to find it for half an hour now so I've given up and gone back to the forums to check, but I just can't figure it out. When I took off the /nominations part of the link it brought me to the 2019 awards page, instead of the homepage, though. I'm probably just completely blind :(

20 minutes ago, Chicken_ said:

Quite a late question but the link doesn't work for me, just sends me to the homepage? I've been trying to find it for half an hour now so I've given up and gone back to the forums to check, but I just can't figure it out. When I took off the /nominations part of the link it brought me to the 2019 awards page, instead of the homepage, though. I'm probably just completely blind :(

Sadly, I think that the nominations closed on December 1st when the Autumn sale ended...

Archived