recipes with jerky?

i was playing DS, and after day 100 i make a lot of drying rack, and for me it’s not worth, if i need healing food i make pieroguis or honey hams, if i need sanity i cook cactus, soo  why not meals with jerky, like if i use jerky with a vegetable i make a healing food better than pierogui, cool right? looks op but in the same way u need to wait the meat to become a jerky, and the pierogui itself is op, that thought make me think how op pieroguis and meatballs is, i like the ideia of dragonpie, is a excellent healing food, give a lot of hunger and have a short animation, but its hard to make, its so cool, for me the ways to make pieroguis and meatballs not so op, is be more exact, like for make a pierogui u can use 1 monster meat, 1 egg (or a cooked monster meat :/ ) and 2 cactus, but why not 1 meat, 1 egg, 1 cactus, and 1 berrie if u do diferrent isnt a pierogui, the craft continue easy but in the same time more hard because u need to have the exact foods for make it, the variety here is op, i guess, soo what u think?? make a food better than pieroguis if jerky is op? ou the problem here the pierogui. What recipes ideas do u have for jerky ou monster jerky?

we need more sanity food with meat for the wig, like one who restore 50 sanity, and u need like 2 jerkys and 1 onion and 1 ice, something like that

this topic is confused, is about jerky in recipes or how the pierogui is op? idk i lose all my sense of life XD

Jerky is a way to preserve your meat. You can hang spoiled meat on your racks and get back fully fresh, long lasting meat. Useful when you have meat farms, I get 70 pieces of meat every full moon and if I want it to last a while I have to preserve it somehow. 

The jerky itself has amazing stats- just by waiting two days your 25 hunger got additional health and sanity. And let me repeat that one more time- it spoils slowly. If you don't have issues like gaps when you want to do other stuff while knowing your food is not spoiled in the fridge, then you don't have to use the racks. I find them very useful and buffing jerky would be way too OP.

I don't think crockpot recipes requiring jerky are necessary. Jerky lasts for a lot longer than regular meat, so that's a good reason to make them. As for sanity foods for Wigfrid, there's Surf n' Turf, which provides 33 sanity, and is made with meat and fish, and Jelly Salad, made with Leafy Meat and honey, and provides 50 sanity. Also, Wigfrid can eat taffy.

Also pierogi recipe is mostly a joke- pierogi are Polish dumplings, and as I am Polish myself (siemanko) it's a great joke- you make them with meat (meat only pierogi are one type) then add vegetable (another kind of pierogi that is filled with cabbage and mushrooms) but what you get is sweet pierogi covered in cream (that should have either cheese or fruit filling). I find it hilarious and making the recipe require cactus has no sense, since it's a Polish dish and we don't really have cacti here.

2 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Anything can be pierogi. Pierogi are love, pierogi are life. :")

Reveal hidden contents

Powiedz mi to w twarz! 

Also I hate that song omg I got flashbacks now- 

It was stuck in my head all those years ago.

Also

Let me tell you a horrible secret

Spoiler

I don't like pierogi irl. They're not tasty at all

55 minutes ago, Muriilo said:

this topic is confused, is about jerky in recipes or how the pierogui is op? idk i lose all my sense of life XD

Get off the forums and go for a walk!

No, I mean in real life!

Yes, without the computer!

Nah, it will still be here when you come back.

IN MY OPINION we should have different recipe for most of food. Like when we use monster meat for meatballs, we should get "Unhealthy" tagged meatballs. With jerky, we could get "Dry" tagged meatballs. This tags should effect stats of food or give player some effects. So maybe Warly could get "Perfect" tagged foods bc he can make great things even from worst materials. That would nerf overpowered foods and make Warly a bit more playable. (He is hard to play imo)

Jerky is fine as it is. It's a great way for making your meats last way longer, since they can still be used in recipies. They're also pretty good overall if you decide to eat them, giving a pretty good amount of hunger, health, and sanity for something worth only 1 meat and two days. A jerky specific recipe would be interesting, but I don't think it's necessary.

20 hours ago, BezKa said:

Jerky is a way to preserve your meat. You can hang spoiled meat on your racks and get back fully fresh, long lasting meat. Useful when you have meat farms, I get 70 pieces of meat every full moon and if I want it to last a while I have to preserve it somehow. 

The jerky itself has amazing stats- just by waiting two days your 25 hunger got additional health and sanity. And let me repeat that one more time- it spoils slowly. If you don't have issues like gaps when you want to do other stuff while knowing your food is not spoiled in the fridge, then you don't have to use the racks. I find them very useful and buffing jerky would be way too OP.

Why use them if a have bundle wrap? 70 meats, just cook 35 pieroguis and put in a bundle wrap, im a not wig player so pick cactu and cook its more easy and fast..

19 hours ago, Majestix said:

Get off the forums and go for a walk!

No, I mean in real life!

Yes, without the computer!

Nah, it will still be here when you come back.

Its a joke, relax

20 hours ago, BezKa said:

Also pierogi recipe is mostly a joke- pierogi are Polish dumplings, and as I am Polish myself (siemanko) it's a great joke- you make them with meat (meat only pierogi are one type) then add vegetable (another kind of pierogi that is filled with cabbage and mushrooms) but what you get is sweet pierogi covered in cream (that should have either cheese or fruit filling). I find it hilarious and making the recipe require cactus has no sense, since it's a Polish dish and we don't really have cacti here.

Its because that it is good

7 hours ago, Muriilo said:

Why use them if a have bundle wrap? 70 meats, just cook 35 pieroguis and put in a bundle wrap, im a not wig player so pick cactu and cook its more easy and fast..

Its a joke, relax

Because jerky is also a good sanity food and healing food, sanity +25 and health +20 i think at the cost of 1 meat and time while pierogi requires meat, eggs , veg and filler though most should meat will work

9 hours ago, Muriilo said:

Its a joke, relax

Like eating honey, for lazyness. Is a confortable and cheap way of having always a long spoil time healing food

Pd. You can bundle 4 stacks of jerky too

17 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Like eating honey, for lazyness. Is a confortable and cheap way of having always a long spoil time healing food

Pd. You can bundle 4 stacks of jerky too

i can but why? jerky isnt too bad but isnt the best healing food

5 minutes ago, Muriilo said:

i can but why? jerky isnt too bad but isnt the best healing food

I mean realistically, how much healing do you need from a food?

Early game it definitely matters, but towards the mid-endgame you can afford to take up 3-4 seconds chowing down on additional jerky to recover the HP lost. This is especially relevant if you are using catapult setups to take out bosses, where you will be taking much less damage throughout the fight then normal.

Jerky for me has always been my consistent go to food for stuff like ruins clearing as well. Sure, it doesn’t have the best healing, but it also is extremely easy to prepare and stockpile. Combined with the fact sanity usually drains in the caves makes jerky much more useful, since it is relatively easy to keep your sanity up if you are only eating jerky for your hunger needs.

It might not have the best HP healing, but 20X3 HP per day of only jerky is certainly going to be more then sufficient if you aren’t constantly getting slammed in the face every 10 seconds, in addition to the fact you don’t even need other items to stay at above 90% sanity pretty much the whole time, especially on the surface.

Archived