Should the flames of the endothermic fire be black?

In theory, blue flames are hotter than yellow flames. Instead, black flames could absorb the excess light radiation and, therefore, de facto lower the ambient temperature. I think completely black flames would also be very beautiful and dramatic.

That would be a silly design choice imo, and for what reason, realism? And I think people would confuse endo pits and night lights.

The current colors work fine. Blue contradicts the red colors of the normal fire pit, simple but effective design.

Black flames do sound pretty cool, I wouldnt mind seeing more black flames. As of now we only have night lights.

3 minutes ago, Hornete said:

That would be a silly design choice imo, and for what reason, realism? And I think people would confuse endo pits and night lights.

The current colors work fine. Blue contradicts the red colors of the normal fire pit, simple but effective design.

Black flames do sound pretty cool, I wouldnt mind seeing more black flames. As of now we only have night lights.

I still think that a completely black fire, perhaps with white sparks, would make your bases much more disturbing and "demonic"; corruption of nightmare fuel. Klei could do some skins about it, for "triumphant" furniture; I would be inclined to take such a skin pack.

And then, speaking of shadows being like flames, she actually says (with the Triumphant head): "Shadows are just inverted flames..."

This whole topic is making me think of Graystillplays' latest Universe Sandbox video.  He decided to make a NEGATIVE sun that actually sucks up energy from the surrounding area, and it immediately turned "a lovely shade of hypothermia!" (aka blue)

So even though in reality blue flames are the HOTTEST, it seems the devs of Universe Sandbox 2 and those of Don't Starve share the same aesthetic design ideas when it comes to what = a cold flame.  Lol.

...Notorious

12 hours ago, BadScra said:

nightlightwillowquote.png.36138855dceeba63781c6a085e9d3e4f.png

Is Willow colorblind? It is black, like shadow. Weird...

Character quotes for Nightmare Fuel contradict eachother (Willow believes it to be warm while Webber says it's cold) so it seems different people perceive it differently. Although if she does perceive it as purple then we should probably also see it as purple when playing as her.

I also think colourblind people can tell the difference between purple and black.

23 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

In theory, blue flames are hotter than yellow flames. Instead, black flames could absorb the excess light radiation and, therefore, de facto lower the ambient temperature. I think completely black flames would also be very beautiful and dramatic.

Yeah light thing is scientifically right but not at all.

Firstly we don't know how those firepits works but we are sure it's not about burning materials. Maybe endothermic use logs etc. for getting energy, but it's using some electronic parts too. We are not sure those blue flames are fire flames, maybe it's kind of chemical cold plasma or a gas Or endothermic firepits use energy to squeeze gases and pump it on air? It's also makes air cold. At last we are not sure how dst world works, just like quantum. Maybe it's based on different formulas and creations.

And blue always looks cold, even in fire. Black looks devil, not cold.

13 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

Magic sucks.

Thats why we have science these days kids. its crazier then magic, believe me.

Now look im not a scientist myself, but im not sure if there are black flames. not that im too lazy to research, but also you'd have to prove it, pop guy.

34 minutes ago, emin61 said:

Thats why we have science these days kids. its crazier then magic, believe me.

Now look im not a scientist myself, but im not sure if there are black flames. not that im too lazy to research, but also you'd have to prove it, pop guy.

Maybe dark flames can be done but im pretty sure that is imposible a endotermic fire. Is against the meaning of fire, air so hot that have radiation, so being complete black is imposible because, with a minimum of radiation, it will have any color but not black

Endotermic fire is just a pun, like something fun because is the opposite of what logic says (like butterflies giving butter) and is explained via magic

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

still having non physical sense (i think physical sense is what moved you to create the topic) and will not look as pretty as the blue fire

I don't think so ... I've never talked about "wanting to make physical sense"; nor did I mention the claim to realism. It was others who pointed this out; since the second post I reiterated that, according for me, the "black" furniture (including fire) would be very nice to beautify the camp-base. I've never looked for anything in particular :'D

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im missunderstood this then

True, black absorbs light radiation. But in the next sentence I emphasized the "aesthetic" and "dramatic" meaning of the choice. You didn't mention that part, immediately after and reiterated later

Archived