I found a bug that allows wurt to trade with the king pig

You have to give a pig a merm hat and then kill him and equip the mask and then immediately take it off, after that the pigs will not attack you, you can make friends with them and also make exchanges with the king pig, but the merms will attack you, but it’s only re-launching that goes back to normal.
obs: sorry i can't speak english so i used google translator

15 minutes ago, PrezPara said:

Tested it out and this actually works. Pretty sure this is the type of thing klei would patch though, so I doubt it'll be in the game for long.

would be cool if they let solo wurt players not have to swap characters every time they want gold or to go trick or treating tho

19 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

You must be that kid that reminds the teacher of the test they were supposed to give out that day lol. It was fun while it lasted :(

It's extremely unhelpful and even detrimental to withhold bugs that you are aware of. If you want to mess around with something in a way that's not intended turn to mods, not hiding bugs under a rug.

The merm king should probably allow you to trade halloween event trinkets for candy, since Wurt is completely out of the event ATM. 

He could probably also give you some gold for heavy fishes or something, as an alternative for pig king in the long term, if you don't want to switch characters.  The trinkets will still stockpile in a Wurt solo, non-switch world. But it's still better than what we have.

10 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The merm king should probably allow you to trade halloween event trinkets for candy, since Wurt is completely out of the event ATM. 

He could probably also give you some gold for heavy fishes or something, as an alternative for pig king in the long term, if you don't want to switch characters.  The trinkets will still stockpile in a Wurt solo, non-switch world. But it's still better than what we have.

Im think I remember that when Wurt came out during Hallowed Nights, Klei allowed her to trade with PK

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

It's extremely unhelpful and even detrimental to withhold bugs that you are aware of. If you want to mess around with something in a way that's not intended turn to mods, not hiding bugs under a rug.

While it's not helpful not to share knowledge only you are aware of, it's also not detrimental for anybody not to share your own knowledge. Nobody gets hurt from something which hasn't been discovered by the community yet. An exception is if it can be used to sabotage the world or to ruin somebody's gameplay, but even in that case (and the fact how laaazy Klei is in terms of fixing bugs) it shouldn't be shared with everyone either, because then it could be abused by griefers ingame.

No matter how jealous you and the others are about the fact that some players have more knowledge than you, nobody here is forced to share their knowledge with everyone else.

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

An exception is if it can be used to sabotage the world or to ruin somebody's gameplay, but even in that case... it shouldn't be shared with everyone either, because then it could be abused by griefers ingame.

I mean this almost sounds like an argument against a public bug tracker. How else was Klei to learn about this?

We should definitely share bugs that can be abused by griefers so that Klei can patch them. I don't mind the posting of them in a public space even though it brings the issue to the attention of more players. In the short term there might be an uptick in abuse but it will be brought to the attention of the devs much faster.

That said, this should have gone in Bug Tracker. Posting the bug here seems to imply that OP was more interested in sharing an exploit as a tip rather than out of desire to fix it. Now if you will excuse me, I have some frazzled wires to attend to before this gets patched.

I absolutely do not endorse Wurt trading with PK via exploit.

But some bugs should go unreported. I'm not referring to this one, but I'm really salty that a certain bug was removed from another game (not KLei's) that hurt no one and allowed greater creative potential and now some toxic jerkwad is reporting anyone with unusual things making glitchers unwilling to share their cool remaining trophies.

And since someone else said it: please give Webber his pig mask I really want that in unmodded DST plzKleithx peace out!

15 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

He has, if you play the right dlc

the starter pack 2019 or 2020? /s

7 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I absolutely do not endorse Wurt trading with PK via exploit.

But some bugs should go unreported. I'm not referring to this one, but I'm really salty that a certain bug was removed from another game (not KLei's) that hurt no one and allowed greater creative potential and now some toxic jerkwad is reporting anyone with unusual things making glitchers unwilling to share their cool remaining trophies.

And since someone else said it: please give Webber his pig mask I really want that in unmodded DST plzKleithx peace out!

bugs are bugs, and if you are winning or surviving based off of something that was unintentionally added, does that not strip the feeling of success from you?

17 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

give webber his pig disguise

8 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

please give Webber his pig mask I really want that in unmodded DST

And just remove his identity and only real downside? The only reason he has that mask in Hamlet is because pig trading is a very important mechanic of Hamlet. 

3 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

bugs are bugs, and if you are winning or surviving based off of something that was unintentionally added, does that not strip the feeling of success from you?

As DS/T is a survival game, that sentiment is fine. I was referring to bugs as a general statement, not DS/T. Kind of jokingly since it doesn't apply to DS/T, hence the strikethrough. (But also, don't say that to speedrunners, who make use of every single glitch and exploit that shaves so much as a fraction of a second)

As for 'feeling of success'? Depends on the context. I feel very accomplished that I managed to cosplay a chubby fish and swim in the ocean in one game instead of being forced to use a wetsuit. Can't do that now. They took away the fun cosmetic toy.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

And just remove his identity and only real downside? The only reason he has that mask in Hamlet is because pig trading is a very important mechanic of Hamlet.

To be honest, the most major use I see for it in DST is not being a burden to your team who decided to base at Pig King and not destroy the pig houses.

Also, have you played Webber in Hamlet? Half the time I died there, it was because I forgot we were wearing that mask when going home to spidertown. It doesn't remove his identity. It juggles his identity, and at the cost of the head slot at that. Granted I don't have a huge amount of time in Hamlet compered to RoG and DST, still, the juggled identity was pretty interesting. And works fine lore-wise, since Webber doesn't actively hate pigs for being pigs the same way Wurt does. Webber hates that the pigs are horrible bullies.

Archived