We now know when the survivors being taken took place

2 hours ago, Donelloth said:

I think we can safely say walter entered the constant after Woody the same way Woody did which may in fact make Walter canadian himself if we don't assume the boy to have gone cross country camping on his own

Oh yeah, I guess this puts both Woodie and Walter entered the Constant after 1919 because of the Voxola radio. So the only characters from the original DST list with no clues to their dates of disappearance are Wolfgang, Wes, Webber, and Willow.

6 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

Oh yeah, I guess this puts both Woodie and Walter entered the Constant after 1919 because of the Voxola radio. So the only characters from the original DST list with no clues to their dates of disappearance are Wolfgang, Wes, and Willow.

When reading Walter's compendium page, it mentions the radio was a trap left there for an unknown amount of time, and that the previous owner (Woodie) "left in a hurry" and never returned. It sounds like the radio trap was meant for him, but didn't take him. However, Woodie would've had to have gone missing BEFORE 1919 because he's on Winona's board in Next of Kin, which makes the radio in his cabin suspicious. Unless Woodie went 'missing' but was still in the real world; that he left suddenly to live in that secluded cabin that we see in Walter's short, possibly in an attempt to keep himself somewhat safe because of his curse. 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:46 PM, engiSonic said:

Strictly speaking, I don't think Maxwell has lied in the two on-screen temptations we've seen.

well, not always. In Warlys entrance in the compendium it implies that Maxwell promised to curehis moms Alzheimer, or make her remember him, and it doesnt really look like she remembers him in the shortcut

The short also made me realize how Maxwell has powers over real people without any sort of device, unlike on Wilson's abduction.

Maybe by building the portal, Wilson unadvertedly gave Maxwell the ways to keep kidnapping people effortlesly in other places, and that may be why Wilson was targeted among the first.

Although according to DS, Webber was in there before Wilson, so we'd have to see how it happened to him.

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

but wig had a gramophone, remember?

He seems to talk (and maybe detect?) people through gramophones or radios, as seen also on Woodie's cabin and in Warly's house, but for some reason he made Wilson (and only him) build that complex machine before being able to take him, unlike with the others.

I believe it was the gateway he uses from that moment on, to manifest his powers easily anywhere on earth.

Wagstaff may have found or figured about Wilson's machine, and built another one out of pure curiosity, as Maxwell was dethroned by then.

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

but wig had a gramophone, remember?

The gramophone should have a great significance to maxwell in the past in reality since he likes using it and while he was on the shadow throne he play the gramophone before he was sick of it so it is probably one of his fav ways to communicate with the dst characters/make a deal with him. 

1 hour ago, Wardin25 said:

well, not always. In Warlys entrance in the compendium it implies that Maxwell promised to curehis moms Alzheimer, or make her remember him, and it doesnt really look like she remembers him in the shortcut

Warly probably gotten the ability to cure dementia since he can make sanity food however didn't not have the chance to make for granny before leaving the constant or maybe chose to not let her granny remember as might never come back from the constant to reality and don't want her granny to suffer/worry/missed him and rather wait for him to eventually come back to treat granny...maybe...:wilson_cry:

I have another question, everyone want the characters return to their original life but will they keep their memories and abilities?, will they return to the time period they were kidnap from or enter the latest time period, further more according to wagstaff time flow faster in the constant so will they use up their lifespan in the constant and once return become ashes/dust or is there not much time difference from when they are kidnap. 

15 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I believe it was the gateway he uses from that moment on, to manifest his powers easily anywhere on earth.

Wagstaff may have found or figured about Wilson's machine, and built another one out of pure curiosity, as Maxwell was dethroned by then.

Actually, as far as we know, Wilson was the last of the survivors to enter the Constant, at least from the perspective of the outside world. Time in the Constant seems to loop over itself (Jeremy Bearimy?) so maybe Wilson was the first from Maxwell's point of view.

Wilson built his portal in 1921; Wagstaff built his two years earlier, in 1919.

7 minutes ago, Articestone said:

I have another question, everyone want the characters return to their original life but will they keep their memories and abilities?, will they return to the time period they were kidnap from or enter the latest time period, further more according to wagstaff time flow faster in the constant so will they use up their lifespan in the constant and once return become ashes/dust or is there not much time difference from when they are kidnap. 

I have a sort of awful joke theory that they save Charlie and are spat back out in the real world at the 'end' of DST, but in our present day. And they're like "oh boy, the future!" but realize it's not that much different than the early 1920s (plague, the political climate, etc) and want to go back to the Constant but can't.

To seriously answer your question, I'm not sure. I feel it would be conclusive to their stories for them to return, but keep their memories and relationships. WHEN and HOW they will return, I don't know. But it would be at least a semi-happy ending for most characters. 

2 minutes ago, Articestone said:

will they return to the time period they were kidnap from or enter the latest time period, further more according to wagstaff time flow faster in the constant so will they use up their lifespan in the constant and once return become ashes/dust or is there not much time difference from when they are kidnap. 

Even if their lives and events happen faster in there, they do not seem to age regardless, as even Maxwell who seems to have been trapped in the throne for hundreds of years, was returned to his original abduction age as soon as he left the throne.

I believe if they were ever to escape they will resume aging normally, starting at whatever physical age they were when they first arrived in the constant.

Also as far as we know, maybe the game itself manifested in the devs minds through a radio at bigfoot's house, and each one of us is actually messing around with the lives of those poor people, still trapped in there as today in 2020 :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Blueleaf12 said:

I have a sort of awful joke theory that they save Charlie and are spat back out in the real world at the 'end' of DST, but in our present day. And they're like "oh boy, the future!" but realize it's not that much different than the early 1920s (plague, the political climate, etc) and want to go back to the Constant but can't.

YES. I've thought about this exact idea before and I think it would be hilarious. 

Characters I think I know:

Wilson: 1921

Wickerbottom: 1911 ( Newyork library fire)

Woodie: after 1919 ( The voxola radio in his cabin)

Walter: sometime after Woodie (propably 1920? due to urban legends and rumors of the werebeaver)

Maxwell: clearly 1908
Charlie: the same

Winona: 1919 ( Voxola fire)

Wendy: after 1914 (source)

Willow: ??? going off an estimate, 1908-1911 ( she is in her late twenties in constant and the orphanage fire references cornhill orphanage fire in 1901)

Others: ???

3 hours ago, Articestone said:

Well, I believe that if they come back, they will have their memories but not their abilities, as they acquired them once they entered the constant, and most of the abilities come from magic sources and, for example, from things that dont really exist in the real world, like winonas gemeartor. And I think they wont go back to when they were kidnapped, as Wagstaff implies that he constantly switches between worlds without going back in time (If he had found a way to travel in time he would likely mention it)

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

snip

Woodie with the Voxola radio is telling. Where did he get it from? I know there were so few produced I feel like it wouldn't be that easy for him to get his hands on one of them, especially if he did live in the middle of nowhere. 

Going off that point, I have a sort of headcanon that Wilson's radio was something he bought off someone because they claimed it's haunted. And he's just "pshhh ghosts aren't REAL obviously" until it started talking back to him. I kind of figured it fell through history; that possibly previous DST characters owned that same radio from between 1919 and 1921 before Wilson got his hands on it. So initially after Walter's short I figured the radio there was Woodie's, and somehow fell through history into Wilson's hands, but I don't think this is the case anymore.

8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

He seems to talk (and maybe detect?) people through gramophones or radios, as seen also on Woodie's cabin and in Warly's house, but for some reason he made Wilson (and only him) build that complex machine before being able to take him, unlike with the others.

but maybe wagstaffs portal was already built a lot of time before being falling into it  (wx is suppose to be a probe threw to try it). Maybe maxwell give wilson codex umbra knowledge to make a portal and after maxwell make a deal with wagstaff giving him the knowledge to make another portal that failed in the time of winona trailer 

11 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Well, maybe Maxwell didn't outright promise to cure Warly's mother, but said something vague like: "You won't need to take care of your mother anymore", thus technically still keeping his end of the deal when he transported Warly to the Constant.

17 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

Well, maybe Maxwell didn't outright promise to cure Warly's mother, but said something vague like: "You won't need to take care of your mother anymore", thus technically still keeping his end of the deal when he transported Warly to the Constant.

Thats a good point but I dont see Warly just willingly leaving her mom to be taken care of some rando after abandoning a succesful career in Paris

Maybe Maxwell offered Warly secret knowledge of cooking the ability to make food that would bolster his mother's condition, and didn't say anything about whether he'd actually be able to give it to her.

I also wonder whether Wigfrid's gramophone was an earlier Voxola product, maybe even the same model as the one that torments Maxwell on the throne (the ML-77, as Wagstaff identifies it).

5 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Maybe Maxwell offered Warly secret knowledge of cooking the ability to make food that would bolster his mother's condition, and didn't say anything about whether he'd actually be able to give it to her.

I also wonder whether Wigfrid's gramophone was an earlier Voxola product, maybe even the same model as the one that torments Maxwell on the throne (the ML-77, as Wagstaff identifies it).

1st, that could be it, as other recipes could bring her back, maybe Maxwell said he knew his moms favourite recipe.

2nd, Its not clear, but most of the disapearances (Or all) are related to the radios, so Im fairly certain it was. AlsoWigs gramophone looks like the one shwon in Warlys shortcut

13 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

Thats a good point but I dont see Warly just willingly leaving her mom to be taken care of some rando after abandoning a succesful career in Paris

No, what I meant is that maybe Maxwell promised Warly to lift the burden of caring for his mother from him but never gave the specifics, and Warly, naturally, assumed he was going to cure her. When in reality Maxwell was going to "solve" Warly's problem by taking him away from his mother.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:23 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Maxwell: clearly 1908
Charlie: the same

Oh, I'm pretty sure it happened in 1906. Since we see an earthquake in the end of "The Amazing Maxwell, Final act"

Spoiler

The day the earthquake happened in San Fran (Of DST/DS Universe) is also the same earthquake that took place in our world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_San_Francisco_earthquake

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure it happened in 1906. Since we see an earthquake in the end of "The Amazing Maxwell, Final act"

Reveal hidden contents

The day the earthquake happened in San Fran (Of DST/DS Universe) is also the same earthquake that took place in our world...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_San_Francisco_earthquake

Yeah, sorry, accidentally got the wrong year...

Archived