do you like moleworms?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. do you like moleworms?

• yes
    • yes(but they are obnoxious in-game
    • i feel neutral on them
    • no
    • no(because of how obnoxious they are)

Pretty neutral, Moggles are nice but I hardly ever find myself crafting them, the Guacamole joke gets big ups from me, but they don't really do a whole lot.

Their only lasting purpose is digging up their dens for a random rock grab, usually to get nitre, then just wait for them to make another den.

30 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You do know Thermal Stones heat up/down in your inventory (or Chest) as well with no difference whatsoever, don't you? Mike, really, when I read most your posts I see a lot of "you problems", not game problems. And I feel you lack in DS/T survival knowledge quite a bit. Thus for me is rather puzzling you want "harsher settings" when you can barely survive atm - and if I recall well you haven't taken down in combat any of the major DST bosses aside some of the Seasonal ones - with external help (traps, Treeguards etc) if am not mistaken (you admitted this in a past post). To me all this apparent low-key Dunning-Kruger actually looks more like a covert attempt from you to theoretically bring other players down, closer to your hypothetical level than anything. And take it from someone thriving in Winter-only Lights-out servers: for advanced players having Moleworms taking Thermals from ground makes no difference at all in overall Survival.

Okay number 1- you’d actually have to watch gameplay of my play sessions to accurately judge that instead of just assuming the entitled elitist attitude.

and 2- OPEN WORLD SANDBOX, Sandbox usually means that the player can play the game in any way that they want because there is no “Correct” way of playing.. unless your playing in a world with specific rules applied to it like you can do in the video game Minecraft.

But thats what frustrates me the MOST with this game that there isn’t some simple server toggle options that forces people joining MY PERSONAL WORLD to play and abide by MY PERSONAL WORLDS RULES applied to it.. 

The best way I can explain that to you is going into a “Shotgun only round of Apex Legends with literally any other weapon besides a shotgun” you can TELL people how you want them to play in YOUR WORLD but without actual server options that forces them to play that way, not everyone who joins is going to play by the rules you want applied.

And here’s the teeth kicker- OTHER GAMES LET YOU DO THIS.. I can force people to adhere to my worlds rules when playing Minecraft... to continue to argue against why we should have more control over our worlds when MINECRAFT already lets me.. is a rather pointless argument, This is just as much considered a QoL feature as literally anything else.

ESPECIALLY for console gamers, who do not have the option of console commands and modded content. These applied server settings prior to hosting is the most control a console player has over their worlds.

Your World, Your Rules. Remember? 
The problem is.... Klei gives me very little control over that worlds “Rules”.. So it’s more like Your World, Your Rules-

As long as you outright kick or ban the players who aren’t playing by the rules.

Tell me I’m wrong.. that’s all I really ask Anyone to do, TELL ME that if I had an option to disable letting players pick WES when joining my world.. (because I don’t want a single Wes in my World..) that this would be any worse than straight up banning the people who pick him when they join my server- when the server description clearly reads as

“You can play as Anyone Except Wes.”

For those of you on A PC you have absolutely no earthly clue how strict Microsoft’s policy is for playing on Xbox Live, I’ve actually managed to get a good 2 week ban from playing on Xbox Live simply because I joined someone’s room AS WES when the description clearly read

“Please don’t pick Wes.” 
I picked him just because I could.. maybe I had just unlocked a cool skin for him, maybe I wanted to troll, maybe I just liked playing as Wes most??

The thing is- I disobeyed the hosts server description and I got my deserved punishment for being a grief player.

And THEN when my ban was lifted and the guy messaged me back- he explained WHY he didn’t want anyone who joined his server to pick Wes... because that was the character his sick child used to play as before the child passed away.

I felt absolutely TERRIBLE on that day... and I learnt a very valuable lesson- There may be more personal reasons why someone doesn’t want you to play as Wes besides that they simply don’t like Wes....

A problem that could be avoided altogether had Klei given the host more control over which characters people joining their worlds can and can not pick to play as.

The TL:DR of this whole post is that we can never truly have Your World, Your Rules... without actual settings that allow us to have full control over those rules.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay number 1- you’d actually have to watch gameplay of my play sessions to accurately judge that instead of just assuming the entitled elitist attitude.

Provide a link to such video maybe?

Rest of your post pretty much is "I really-REALLY want to enforce my rules over other people" (while "your world, your rules" motto would rather refer to your own experience, not coercing others into some type of game-play desired by you) and yes, that also aligns with "I want to make other people's DST harsher, thehehe"; but still doesn't invalidate the fact you didn't apparently knew Thermal Stones heat up in inventory or the fact you should've planned better mentioned fighting of spiders and anticipating well time-intervals and placements for Thermal Stone's heating process, also taking into account Moleworms pilfer Thermals in DS.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The thing is- I disobeyed the hosts server description and I got my deserved punishment for being a grief player.

Once more, that's a "you problem". And I also believe you don't actually know what "griefing" is - hint: not a character picking, but what you actually do negatively on purpose with said character in servers.

KLei has a very lax policy on what is permissible in game - proof to that: real griefing wasn't dealt with in almost any way over 6 years now. In-game methods of coercing players to play a certain way in a random server I don't think will ever be on dev's "to do" list.

Anyway, back at smashing appraising Moleworms :black_eyed:

I will say that, as a half-Warly main, the free morsels sure are nice every now and again. I also like to release them in a mosaic/rocky biome when I go to mine rocks; sure helps to have a free Lazy Forager on you.

14 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I will say that, as a half-Warly main, the free morsels sure are nice every now and again. I also like to release them in a mosaic/rocky biome when I go to mine rocks; sure helps to have a free Lazy Forager on you.

i free mine into the caves, generally in the spots i use for earthquakes x''D

I mean moleworms kinda suck when the afk wx dies and then they eat all the dropped gears and other stuff (bonus points if they eat gunpowder at base). Also just me but I don't like looking at their spaghetti noses, which is a deal breaker since I don't have much of a reason to use moggles  over miners helm (glow berry refuel sucks). I guess the moggles are one of the few hats that can hide Willow's barcode hairline so that a plus. 

Moleworms be pretty fun. I hate the noises they make that I mistook for various other things- Bearger roars, hound waves, depthworms. But the moment I discovered their mounds can be dug up for the stuff they stole I was so happy I immediatly grabbed as many as I could and dumped them in the trash pile that was left after guiding a Bearger through petrified forest.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:07 PM, Ogrecakes said:

Pretty neutral, Moggles are nice but I hardly ever find myself crafting them, the Guacamole joke gets big ups from me, but they don't really do a whole lot.

Their only lasting purpose is digging up their dens for a random rock grab, usually to get nitre, then just wait for them to make another den.

Tbh i can't imagine a long term playthrough without moogles for caves/ruins exploration... 

Archived