So, Are You More of a Chester Guy or a Glommer Guy?

Glommer Or Chester?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Glommer or Chester?

• Glommer.
    • Chester.
    • Neither.

Yes, they both follow you and they both are somewhat cute. But which one do you like better?

I mean, sure, this is like comparing blanket and a pillow, they both are somewhat similiar but both have different purposes.

But still, which do you prefer?

Personally, I'm more of your Glommer type.

Glommer is great, but my favorite has to be Chester!

Mostly because of how useful they can be during early game, and even in late game if you have spare gems or nightmare fuel you can turn it into Shadow or Ice version which are both useful, especially ice Chester during summer! So I think it’d be Chester. I also like the other mobs that are Chester-like, I’m referring to Hutch, Packimm Baggins and Ro Bin.

However Glommer is cool too tho!

1 minute ago, thegreatJash said:

And yes, I can confirm, drinking and driving go together.

Ofc they do, best advice for neophytes from heavy alcoholics experienced and passionate drivers :encouragement:

As for the "blank option" - is a context and utility matter for me: if I plan to base on one of the Lunar Islands, Glommer would take priority (Goop) and Chester gets the proverbial back-seat (not much use for him in this situation if one sits most time in same location). On the other hand if I nomad, Chester would be pretty useful while Glommer only takes 1 inventory space with its flower but not much benefit. And even so, Chester would really count when you farm in-bulk a specific resource (like wood in autumn via Bearger).

20 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Ugh! Where's the Hutch option?

Because it's obvious Hutch is the dominant over all beings in existence and therefore it would be pointless to even include him in his survey because it would be unnecessary to point out something that is obvious to everyone. Hutch is the dominant.

My god, Glommer's getting hammered by the poll. Mine as well get ready for some Krampii.

There are some decent uses for them both, but I tend to put them on the back burner.  Some play throughs I never run into chester, and I often won't pick up glommer until the 3rd full moon or after.

8 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

So, Are You More of a Chester Guy or a Glommer Guy?

Bold of you to assume I'm a guy.  ;)

Anyway Chester for basic everyday use; I _like_ Glommer but he dies to everything and then you can't get him back until the next full moon.  Chester's way hardier AND helps with my constant Inventory Woes, so he can go everywhere with me--and usually does.

(Other people on the server?  What is this "sharing" you speak of?  I usually play alone.  : P)

...Notorious

So according to Krampus, when Glommer dies it's a tragedy that requires his intervention; but when Chester dies who cares. I personally like to root for the underdog that carries your crap around like a mule and still loves you after it dies. Glommer doesn't even come back until an entire other full moon, whereas Chester comes back a little while after he dies.

45 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

So according to Krampus, when Glommer dies it's a tragedy that requires his intervention; but when Chester dies who cares. I personally like to root for the underdog that carries your crap around like a mule and still loves you after it dies. Glommer doesn't even come back until an entire other full moon, whereas Chester comes back a little while after he dies.

I have some theories about that. Either a) Glommer has some sort of moon magic, b) Chester respawns in a day so it's not that bad, or c), my personal favorite, Chester has crossed a powerful demon in the past, and all demons are forbidden from helping Chester.

Archived