Klei.  Please, Add Wagstaff to Don't starve together.  He is the only character I will ever actually want in the game.  He probably has the most interesting lore.  His whole tinkering tab and near sighted perk is probably my favorite.  If you add him I will return to the game and probably play it a lot more often than I ever did.  Even when I was beta testing.  Just Please.  Add him.  

Yeah, i want to say the same thing, except for me it's Wilbur instead of Wagstaff, and my reason for Wilbur is that he can throw manure (so i can throw manure at others for fun, gain sanity both in game and real life) & run away :D. I think DST lack that kind of fun right now.

P/s: the last new char has been announced, so maybe Klei will start working on DLC char i hope.

I kind of like the mystery of not having Wagstaff himself, we have his former employee (Winona) and his creation(?) (WX-78) to fill the void. From a lore point of view, wasn't Wagstaff sucked into a different time in the constant? (i.e: when Maxwell was still in reign) and from a gameplay perspective, as he is now, he'd make Woodie and Maxwell obsolete at wood chopping and would be a pick and switch character, as @Hornete said.

If anything, I hope we get more inventive works from Winona to fill Wagstaff's shoes as a tinkerer for our survivors, hopefully character specific tabs get new items eventually! :o

-pulls out broken record player and puts on a familiar tune-

Ive said this so much that everyone probably sick of hearing it by now but the truth is that ALL Of them deserve to be in the game.. they ALL Already have a fanbase who enjoy playing as them.

I could totally understand the confused reacts and nahhh no thanks responses if the characters people are asking for were player created Mods or Scrapped Concepts Klei never used... and may never Use, But THESE- 

Wagstaff, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler & Wilba all 6 of them are ALL Klei Official Characters, they are ALL equally stuck inside the constant trying to survive.. and now that DST has the new compendium which I’m sure will be updated anytime new lore for the game and its cast of characters gets revealed, These Characters ALL Deserve to be in the game.

I don’t know about any of you guys but I would like to read bios for Walani, Wagstaff and the likes, find out their favorite foods, learn more about them and watch an Animated short cinematic all from within the game itself and NOT having to scour the internet to find that content.

Plus I imagine that Klei will make tons of profit off giving them new skins sets and belongings, I know personally I would be first in line to buy Walani and a skin set containing various Surfboard designs.

Quick reminder that Wagstaff has been taken by Charlie (Fully confirmed to be him that gets dragged in the portal in Winona's cinematic.)

So he's going to be in there one way or another. maybe an important plot point, maybe as a character refresh. Only time will tell.

Source: 

Spoiler

image.png.25669c6fa4c7f9201f7d7e507db30cc9.png

From Jeff Agala's tumblr, page 4.

Pretty sure its also confirmed *somewhere* else that i don't remember where.

2 hours ago, PunkShark said:

Quick reminder that Wagstaff has been taken by Charlie (Fully confirmed to be him that gets dragged in the portal in Winona's cinematic.)

So he's going to be in there one way or another. maybe an important plot point, maybe as a character refresh. Only time will tell.

Source: 

Hide contents

Uh, no I dont think he was grabbed be Charlie.

Wagstaff clearly had the intention of going to the constant on purpose, and judging by his projected effect when he is low on health, I dont think he was meant to be there, like he forced his way through and is suffering for it.

Winona enters through the portal, but by Charlies direct action, and Winona doesnt have anything close to the projection effect.

Him and Winona have the same upsides (building useful inventions) so I’d much rather take whatever machines would come with the introduction of Wagstaff and give it to Winona. She needs more of a reason to play as her and adding another character with her exact upsides but better won’t help that

1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

Uh, no I dont think he was grabbed be Charlie.

Wagstaff clearly had the intention of going to the constant on purpose, and judging by his projected effect when he is low on health, I dont think he was meant to be there, like he forced his way through and is suffering for it.

Winona enters through the portal, but by Charlies direct action, and Winona doesnt have anything close to the projection effect.

Hmm idk. It seems to me wagstaff got taken by charlie the fact he reaches out a hand to Winona. Maybe Wagstaff finally found the way to get into the constant Without being a projection either by himself, or by Charlie's "help".

However, even though Wagstaff always wanted to go into the constant i DO think it was Charlie's intentions to get him in this time (This is just speculation of course). He's a projection in DS cause he's not really there physically, at least not completely. Winona went through the portal just like what Wilson did which is why she isn't a projection. Remember that DST is the sequel to DS.

HOWEVER. This could also be the timeline messing everything up again, lets say that somehow Wagstaff is in DS cause of the timeline of the constant and it somehow backtracked and put him in maxwell's reign when he got dragged into the portal.. Could this be possible? i mean, idk. But then, where is Wagstaff now if he isn't in DST? 

i think he will eventually come to dst since he has a lot of lore arround him but klei stopped to work on single player so they, for the moment, will not continue lore with single player, the only way of continue his arc is to bring him to dst

also winonas short

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

He might be the new battery of the nightmare throne if Charlie is released.

That's actually a great theory that I've heard multiple times! Since Swagstaff's quotes about nightmare fuel, dark swords etc etc, Well... It seems like he has "evil plans"

Has Klei ever actually confirmed that the Mysterious gloves hand character that Charlie drags in is actually Wagstaff??

Doesnt that break the entire games lore if it is him? Because Wagstaff was brought in before Wilson right? Sometime earlier, Winona wasn’t pulled in until After Maxwell was removed from the Throne.

So unless there’s some freaky time parallels in the constant, that can’t possibly be Wagstaff can it?

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

That's actually a great theory that I've heard multiple times! Since Swagstaff's quotes about nightmare fuel, dark swords etc etc, Well... It seems like he has "evil plans"

i see him more like curious. He is fascinated about knowing stuff and think about scientific uses for it but in a neutral way

Just now, Charlie Dark said:

It seems like he has "evil plans"

Well intentioned though. With his hypothetical  update we might get more machine enemies while Charlie's reign was less about mix-and-match animals and more of beautification. I'm pretty sure each throne sitter can change the Constant in their own vision. Makes me wonder who the previous sitter was before Maxwell.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Klei ever actually confirmed that the Mysterious gloves hand character that Charlie drags in is actually Wagstaff??

8 hours ago, PunkShark said:

Source: 

Hide contents

5b64e22cabcbc_arielunamusedreading.png.6ba8322e6440760ec25e48f56e2eecd5.png

4 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

also i remember that he has a quote (i dont remember of which item) that says something like "with this i could end the hunger of the world" so he doesnt look that evil. We will see his connection with the kidnapped survivors and his voxola radio

He actually seems  less selfish than wilson who only wanted knowledge to discover things (i guess for having fama)

Archived