Can you beat bosses with wendy and abigail?

Hello again. 

So with the wendy rework out for a while i decided to give her a go and started a new world. 

I was suprised how much more intuitive she became since the rework and how abigail was a lot better than her Previous version. But one thing still buged me. Is she a better boss killer now? 

I survived with her until deerclops came. I had my nightshade potion ready and i used it on abigail for extra damage. She survived for a while but Still ended up dying.

I mean she dealt a bunch of damage but didnt quite kill deerclops. 

And becuase wendy gets a damage buff with her i dont want to return abigail back to the flower and then summon her out once the fight is done. 

Is there a way i could keep abigail alive during the fight? Or do i have to take that 25% damage reduction?

If you can help me or have an idea pleas let me know(I did use the sheilds they dont last long enough to protect her). 

I did this fight just fine, Deerclops is doable alone solo as Wendy but... Bearger on the other hand don’t bother trying.

Deerclops has a lot less HP then Bearger so yeah, the thing you need to note though is that Abigail WILL Die there’s no preventing that if your playing on Xbox.

But as long as you have Sisturn built and Activated you can get her back to full strength within 1 game day so until then you just need to keep clops busy.

Abigail is decent with Spider Queens as well..  

But defiantly NOT a boss killer. She was never designed to be.

You going to want to use the shielding potion on Abigail at least once in this fight, Goodluck!

(below is a short gif of me killing it using Abigail, this isn’t the full fight of course lol.. but it gives you a rough idea of what you need to do, this was also back when Wendy had the lower hp more Abby damage perk but.. the same running away to summon/Unsummon Abigail technique Still heavily applies to Xbox Because UNLIKE PC you can’t just stand a safe distance away from danger and hover Abigails flower over Abigail to Respawn her and heal her up...)

Like I said.. If your playing Xbox Abigail WILL DIE there’s no preventing it.

D40FD083-0796-4219-B859-F595EDF90ACD.gif.3a9619016af4ae448cee5dbed3e1581b.gif

#WendyMains! 

Each boss is different, and for many the answer is to put Abi away.

For Deerclops if you want to use abi (I recommend this if you are wendy solo and will fight her rather than walk him through trees until tree guards deal with her for you) make 1 of the super heals and have a fireplace and fuel ready.  When you engage with Deerclops as soon as you get hit give Abi the super heal and place the firepit, fuel it up to tier 3, then face tank him.  With Abi's damage bonus and your dedication to DPS over kiting you will kill him before Abi dies.

For Bee queen make 2-3 super heals and do not have Abi riled up.  You'll need 6-7 bee hats and 30 perogies, but basically you just hold F on the bee queen and Abi will aggro the grumbles near you.  Watch Abi's health though, she will need a super heal before the fight is over.  This takes less than a day and is a very easy fight to solo now with Wendy.

You can do Dragonfly with Wendy.  Its good because Dragonfly is single target so Abi shouldn't take much damage.  Have 1-2 super cures on you in case you need it, and keep Abi out of riled up mode.  You need her calm for 2 reasons.  First you don't want her going and messing with the lavae, also when Dfly goes rage mode you need Abi to peel off of her before you play pan flute or it won't work.  It can be a bit tricky when dfly goes to rage mode.  You can't let her do the AOE splash or Abi will die, but you also can't pan flute immediately because you need Abi to get off her.  It takes practice but dfly is 100% good for Wendy / Abi solo.

Antlion is the best for her - she doesn't take damage from spikes, and since that is his only attack you just put her in rage mode and play like you normally would in the fight.

She can be good for clearing out spider queens and tree guards, but you'll fight those similar to Deerclops.  Bring heals for both of you and face tank.  I haven't tried in a bit, but I think she can help with toadstool, malbatross, and crabking as well.  I heard she wasn't so great in fuel weaver, but I never tried that one myself.

I haven't tried her in the ruins, but I don't think she'll do well.  Rooks run over her, killing her in just 1-2 hits.  On that note, be careful of rooks you meet on the surface too, they are not nice to Abi.

Besides this some really helpful times to have Abi are hunting bunnymen or walrus.  Give Abi the honey potion and she'll race to these mobs so quick they won't stand a chance.

Wendy is way better at fighting bosses nowadays and it is entirely possible to keep Abigail alive (err, "alive") throughout most of the fights. Bearger, Toadstool, Shadow Pieces and Ancient Fuelweaver are the only exceptions iirc, since they can deal AoE damage faster than Abigail can heal it (even if you use a Spectral Cure-All).

The main thing to keep in mind is that the majority of Wendy's DPS comes from Wendy's own attacks (buffed by Abigail's petals), not from Abigail herself. For example, Wendy with a fresh Hambat + Abigail at daytime can achieve a DPS of around 147, assuming Wendy attacks twice per second, whereas Wendy with a fresh Hambat, but no Abigail (cause she died) only deals around 89 DPS.

Using a Nightshade Nostrum will boost your combined DPS by no more than 16.67, but it won't keep Abigail alive long enough to finish the fight, so you'll end up finding yourself downgraded to 89 DPS pretty fast. In other words, don't use Nightshade Nostrum. (Seriously, it's rarely worth it, if ever.)

What you want to do is use the aforementioned Spectral Cure-Alls. They'll regen Abigail's health by 20 per second for 30 seconds (total 600 points of healing), allowing you to take advantage of her damage boost long enough to kill the... fella. For bosses that only have single-target attacks things become even easier, since dealing damage will usually make them attack Wendy instead of Abigail. (And you can, in fact, facetank Treeguards and kite the Spider Queen without using any elixirs, but better safe than sorry.) This includes raid bosses like Bee Queen and Dragonfly, though you'll still need multiple Spectral Cure-Alls for those.

Bosses that Abigail can be used against, but you might wanna go with a different elixir:

• Bee Queen - Abigail is mostly meant to deal with the Grumble Bees, so using Unyielding Draught (or, better yet, Distilled Vengeance) will massively decrease the damage she will be taking, so you can use one of the shield potions in conjunction with the cure-all.
  • Antlion - One of the only situations where the Nightshade Nostrum outshines the other elixirs. The Antlion is literally incapable of damaging Abigail, so there's no point to buffing her survivability.
  • Crab King - Pretty much the same thing as the Antlion. Its claws can technically damage Abigail, but it'll only be a flesh wound.

Abigail is actually great against the Dragonfly raid boss, even when rushing.

Dragonfly, like most if not all raid bosses have what I like to call "player tunnel vision" where they prioritize attacking the player above mobs or other damage sources, this means even with the typical 6 hit kiting that Abigail is highly unlikely to take hits from the dragonfly.

The only time she really takes a major hit against the dragonfly is when dragonfly enrages and does her firey butt stomp attack, and even then Abigail usually survives up to two of those(at max level without elixirs). Keep in mind when Dragonfly does enrage you will need to bait out the butt stomp first THEN pan flute while making sure abigail is far enough away from the dragonfly that she isn't attacking, otherwise if Abigail is attacking dragonfly she cancels out the pan flute putting her to sleep.

As long as you keep the dragonfly on you, Abigail will never take any swipe attack hits(Dragonfly's melee has no AoE). Just make sure Abigail is always on soothe mode, you want her at your side the entire fight.

health potions are the way but for bosses that does a lot of damage to abi in aoe is better to just use her as a little boost of damage before falls or just recall her to have her in case of hound atacks in the middle of the fight or whatever.

as i could test for klaus is usefull because she kite with you but you must be carefull of how damage she deals to the deers, also is usefull when klaus summon krampis; bee queen, she is just perfect for this fight but you should bring with you atleast 2 elixis just in case; antlion: just enrage her let deal the most part of the work xD; for dragonfly is perfect, you can go in the tank methid or kitting, in both works and let you deal a lot of damage (if you go kitting dont rile up her obv), the only thing is to take care is to pan flaute her before atacks but anyways abi can survive. Take care that she is not rile up or she will not let you put to sleep df; for fw can be useful but dont rile up her for all the fight, bring a lot of elixir (idk why fw does damage to abi if he is hitting you, he doesnt do aoe damage as i know), only summon her when you enter in phase2, but i dont recommend to use her if you are not confortable in that fight, the less things you must to take care is better

22 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Crab King - Pretty much the same thing as the Antlion. Its claws can technically damage Abigail, but it'll only be a flesh wound.

Just going to state that Abigail is a terrible idea for the solo strategy(the one with the ice staves) since she usually ends up breaking the crab king out of being frozen.

2 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Just going to state that Abigail is a terrible idea for the solo strategy(the one with the ice staves) since she usually ends up breaking the crab king out of being frozen.

if you have malbatross peak or the white one you can row to evade the spell meanwhile she keeps doing damages so no need to bring ice staffs with her

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you have malbatross peak or the white one you can row to evade the spell meanwhile she keeps doing damages so no need to bring ice staffs with her

Unless you have some kind of macro, last I remember not even the malbatross beak gave enough speed for the boat to not get hit by geysers.

2 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Unless you have some kind of macro, last I remember not even the malbatross beak gave enough speed for the boat to not get hit by geysers.

??? you can, just practise to click fast but with rythm

edit: i tried multiple times. When crab king was release i port a wolfgang world that i have and go for it without knowing what the hell he does, obv i died so i rollback and try multiple times the same strategie with the staff i have in my chests. The fight was crab, not enought darts, not enought malbatross peak and the gems were a mess but i evade multiple times the danm spell

Actually, As we all know, Abigail is way more specialized in killing large amount of mobs, she's struggling way more with only one big mob, a boss so. The best combo for fighting with her is the healing potion and the shield potion, just switch between them, it will make her really tanky. And where I think you can do all boss with her, I feel that her efficiency depend alot on which boss do you kill, personally, I saw her shines against bee queen, misery toadstool (even if clearly not needed), and malbatross, I didn't play with her against any other bosses. Even if I'm pretty sure that she destroy Antlion. ^^ In conclusion, I think that yes you can kill every boss with her, but with more or less difficulty.

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

??? you can, just practise to click fast but with rythm

Actually, he is right, if you're rowing fast enough, without the anchor, you have enough speed, but personally, I play with people, and I'm the rowing guy so, I'm always ready to move the boat. If it's not the case, you might struggle, because you need to be in the good side of the boat, you're totally right too @Terra M Welch !

3 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Also I'm pretty sure she attacks too slow to stop crab king's healing, at least when doing the pearl fight(the one that matters)

so what, bring a weather pain to help her

the horrible fight but you can see that is possbile even with the white row

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so what, bring a weather pain to help her

And then you end up killing abigail by accident...
Just face it, for solo using abigail just isn't a good idea, it's not as reliable as the ice staff strategy.

12 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Actually, he is right, if you're rowing fast enough, without the anchor, you have enough speed, but personally, I play with people, and I'm the rowing guy so, I'm always ready to move the boat. If it's not the case, you might struggle, because you need to be in the good side of the boat, you're totally  right too @Terra M Welch !

Um, it's "she" but thanks anyway.

The boats are way to clumsy to reliably kite and do damage as only one player.

3 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Just face it, for solo using abigail just isn't a good idea, it's not as reliable as the ice staff strategy.

you can but is so hard to sincronice and you must to clean the rocks arround him (not like me for being impatience) but anyways the ice staff strategy is way more simple, safe and cheap

weather pain hurts abi? i think hits but doenst hurt like to other players

11 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

@ArubaroBeefalo is a she ? In the first part of my message I was talking about Arubaro, saying that he was right, but that you was too.

Just now, Terra M Welch said:

Ah sorry I must have misread your post, I thought that was directed at me.

Sorry about that!

That's alright, no problem ! I'm chill with that, misread happens, have a great day !

Wow the spectral cureall poition dose work pretty well and i killed moosegoose and antlion pretty easly. Now im just waiting for deerclops to take revenge.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Deerclops has a lot less HP then Bearger so yeah, the thing you need to note though is that Abigail WILL Die there’s no preventing that if your playing on Xbox.

14 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

and bearger, don't fight him. Let him farm logs and summon treeguards until he dies.

I will fight him without abi so no worries. 

14 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

The main thing to keep in mind is that the majority of Wendy's DPS comes from Wendy's own attacks (buffed by Abigail's petals), not from Abigail herself. For example, Wendy with a fresh Hambat + Abigail at daytime can achieve a DPS of around 147, assuming Wendy attacks twice per second, whereas Wendy with a fresh Hambat, but no Abigail (cause she died) only deals around 89 DPS.

Thanks for clearing that up! <3

Thanks for all the other responses you guys gave me a few things to do in my free time. ; ) 

I tried use only Abigail to kill malbatross few days ago by just repeatly summon her and without using any elixir

you just need enough sanity food to maintain the sanity drop everytime Abigail die

easy and simple

Archived