What are your thoughts on the long pig?

Your thoughts on the long pig?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Eugh, too disgusting and macabre.
    • Good for PVP servers.

Yes, this may have already been brought up before but I'm not too sure if someone has  already made a poll on it, so do you believe human cannibalism was a good idea in this game?

raw.png.58c1b5f382b672df2e6aa19ff24b3d48.png cooked.png.5646ffb36b3892fc7eebb7e0e05f1628.png dried.png.2d16f3a10a5c52b17adecf866e7f45d4.png

This would drop from players and could be could or dried, this feature has of course been removed but the assets of the human meat still exist in the game's files.

Interesting thing to note- DS is rated 13+ It’s not like getting meat off other dead players is a forbidden no-no in games.

Ark Survival Evolved, 7 days to Die, ATLAS, And even Minecraft do it.

I have no idea why it was removed from DST.. but Klei has their reasons I guess.

I think it's actually pretty cool, and it also adds immersive features like hounds actually hunting you down to eat you like they're implied to, instead of murdering you because they feel like it. My only complaint about it is that it damages monster creatures and pigs when they eat it, unlike monster meat and its counterparts.

To me it's not the concept of long pig that is unnerving, it's the implication behind it. You have happy go lucky whimsical characters suddenly getting killed and eaten; and if you take someone relatively innocent like Webber being killed for their meat or someone like Wendy killing people for their meat, thats makes things a bit too serious in my opinion. In a past version of the game that was still going for realism I'd vouch for it, but now it (in my own opinion) just wouldn't really fit the theme all that well.

I'm very indifferent on long pig, I don't play PvP, because that's (for me) the worst feature DST has to offer because of how stale the viable character options are. I play this game for the cooperative elements and only ever touched PvP in the early beta days, and I never looked back.

I wouldn't really want long pig to be added to the base game either, because as it is right now, it's kind of useless and serves no purpose other than a food that does more harm than good. Also, Don't Starve has a dark atmosphere, but I think it has toned down in recent years (aside from the lunar pengulls/hounds) so as of now it wouldn't make thematic sense anyways. 

Just seems a little late for long pig to exist.

Just now, 1bubbainpa said:

wut

Anyways, Long Pig doesn’t really “add” anything to the game. It just felt like an edgy placeholder food that would exist just to exist.

You kill a zombie, you can eat that zombies rotten flesh, there is even an achievement for Surviving starvation just off eating rotten zombie flesh.

What? Did you think Minecraft was a peaceful little children’s game made of blocks? Guess you’d be equally as shocked to know that there’s also cultists, and the player can build a portal that takes you into the Nether Realm (Aka the Minecraft equivalent of hell) 

Minecraft.. a game rated E for everyone and intended for children to play, has darker content then DST (theyre beginning to change that NOW with the inclusion of Horror Hounds and Zombie Penguins... but still you get the point I’m trying to make)

I think the REAL Reason long meat was removed from the game was to prevent an Ark Situation- Where players intentionally kill themselves to gather meat.. Sure it’s not the most effective way to gather meat in Ark, but it’s something that could had been exploited in DST I’m sure.

But Warly can already use the bone shards of his friends in his cooking recipes so we all know who the largest cannibal in the game is. 

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You kill a zombie, you can eat that zombies rotten flesh, there is even an achievement for Surviving starvation just off eating rotten zombie flesh.

What? Did you think Minecraft was a peaceful little children’s game made of blocks? Guess you’d be equally as shocked to know that there’s also cultists, and the player can build a portal that takes you into the Nether Realm (Aka the Minecraft equivalent of hell) 

Minecraft.. a game rated E for everyone and intended for children to play, has darker content then DST (theyre beginning to change that NOW with the inclusion of Horror Hounds and Zombie Penguins... but still you get the point I’m trying to make)

I think the REAL Reason long meat was removed from the game was to prevent an Ark Situation- Where players intentionally kill themselves to gather meat.. Sure it’s not the most effective way to gather meat in Ark, but it’s something that could had been exploited in DST I’m sure.

But Warly can already use the bone shards of his friends in his cooking recipes so we all know who the largest cannibal in the game is. 

WORMWOOD

fff.PNG.2870fda601ce7e1b2be9e12df169d5a4.PNG

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ayy, I used to play Ark, first thing to do once you get a bed in pvp lol!

The consensus is it hurts people's feelings as they are unable to see beyond "mOrALiTy" in a harmless videogame. This is the same people that are unironically terrified by mutated hounds.

It's bad food with terrible stats but it's just a comical gimmick at best.

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

We’re not talking about zombies. We’re talking about eating meat that comes from your friends after they die.

in an alternate universe after klei made the screecher mod for ds they took heavy inspiration from it for dst and made dst into the first uncompromising horror survival multiplayer game with long pig, screechers, and wendigos and more spooky scary stuff instead of skin simulator 2020

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

snip snap

Hi ! hope everyone's doing fine today, personally, I really love the long pig, but not in his actual form, I find the look of it, interesting, but the way of having it is... not ok for DST anymore, if it was going for the spooky design that the game got before, it could fit in an update, but actually, I don't think so... but, the long pig could be reintroduced in another way. It reminds me of "saucisson", I don't know how it's called in english... it seems that it's translated in english with "sausage" but, I'm talking about this.

Spoiler

Saucisson Made in USA – FRENCH A L.A CARTE BLOG USA

(in spoiler to not have a big message, and if some people dislike seeing real meat, they're not forced to see this.)
Maybe that they could tweak abit the texture, change the way of getting the long pig, and reintroduce it into DST, we can imagine something like, if you put meat long enough in a salt box, it becomes long pig, and you can use it as normal meat (same stat and all), but you could have some special recipes with. I'm saying some randoms things... but, you get the idea ~ ^^

Archived