What are your thoughts on the long pig?

Your thoughts on the long pig?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Eugh, too disgusting and macabre.
    • Good for PVP servers.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Return of Them seems to imply this return to their roots. They just need more of a push. The Pearl quests seem to have a air of Melancholy as you kill her lover.

I want to kill the granny.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

I want to kill the granny.

Imo something farm more disturbing would be if Pearl killed herself.

After you give her the cracked pearl she seemingly acts normal. Yet as days go by she starts fishing less and less, doesn't throw bottles anymore and speak less and less to you. 

One day you arrive at her island and she's nowhere to be found. Instead a single message in a bottle is left at her dorstep explaining that she couldn't take it anymore and wanted to be with her love... once more.

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Imo something farm more disturbing would be if Pearl killed herself.

After you give her the cracked pearl she seemingly acts normal. Yet as days go by she starts fishing less and less, doesn't throw bottles anymore and speak less and less to you. 

One day you arrive at her island and she's nowhere to be found. Instead a single message in a bottle is left at her dorstep explaining that she couldn't take it anymore and wanted to be with her love... once more.

This is both very depressing and on point with pearls story, her house would never light up again. Just pure dead silence on her island.

Imo i think if there was some kind of character or playstyle where long pig was more desirable and it filled a bit more hunger so you don't have to go looking for it as much (I doubt there'd be a good way to farm it unless you were very good at pvp or trapping) 

I think the possibility to eat it being open once sanity is on the floor would also be a nice touch. As it stands now, I do agree its not a desirable option as food is scattered everywhere. But a world with limited resources and something inhibiting farming (Like some kind of poisoned earth mechanic, something out of a post apocolyptic movie) It would make sense that humans would be the next most readily available huge stores of meat. Maybe one player drops 8 chunks of long pig each valuing around 60-75 hunger when processed. So killing players is more rewarding and you can rest a bit after each defeat.

But that is vary off from the tone of the game, but it would be sorta cool as a game mode.

20 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

This is both very depressing and on point with pearls story, her house would never light up again. Just pure dead silence on her island.

But it doesn’t make sense.. because the crab king never actually dies.. you can see him hop from part to part of his shell before falling into the ocean- It would make more sense if he in his small defeated form floated back to her someday on the very bottles she had been chunking into the ocean to write to him.

But then again.. maybe I just feel in love with Hermit Lady and do not EVER want anything bad to happen to her! She reminds me of my sweet little old granny. <3

I think long pig is entertaining whether you're in a PVP world or not, but I'm fine with it being disabled in unmodded worlds. It'd be nice to have a mod for it that takes the nonhuman characters into account better than the basic Long Pig mod without having all the other additions of Long Pig Reworked or Cannibalism 18+, though; Wormwood and WX-78 really shouldn't drop human flesh, and Wurt and Wortox probably shouldn't either.

I don't think it really incentivises players to kill each other for their meat as it stands, because it's a really bad food item and the only way to use the meat without hurting yourself once you have it is to turn it into eggs or use it to lure carnivorous mobs. I just like it for the macabre comedy factor.

Archived