Today DST is four years old, happy birthday:D

First of all, thank you DST for accompanying me for four years,As a player who loves DST, I am happy,can watch DST grow and grow,In the past few years it has brought me a lot of happiness and good memories.

I am about to graduate from university now,Recall the days of playing DST with roommates,I am very happy.

And some of the friends I met in DST, they taught me a lot, a few of us have even become friends in reality, this is incredible, we will be invited to go out to play when the school is on holiday, sometimes I go to them The city finds them sometimes they come to me:D

DST brings me too much happiness,I hope I can continue to watch DST getting better and better in the future, and I hope that people who like it can have good memories about it.

I will share some interesting things in dst in a year or record some good memories in this post every year today.The next time I post a personal share on this post is April 22, 2021:D

If anyone likes this post, you can share your story with dst here (if you want),One year later, two years later, three years later, if you open it again, you may feel differently.

Finally, thank all the staff of klei,Thank you for bringing a dream full of adventure and unknown to the boy,Now that I ’m growing up, DST is also growing up, I hope we all get better and better.

4308aeb6283c9ce7.png

I got introduced to the company in 2016 through the comic Bloodeagles. Before that, I never knew of them before. So I jumped to the game when the cinematic introduction of Charlie becoming the queen is what made me sign into the forums. Klei's other games have drawn my attention but DST is what started my introduction to Klei.

DST is 3 years old on Xbox and barely that. It didn’t come out till 2017 for us, but yah Happy Birthday I guess? :) 

(just encase your wondering DSTs Birthday for Xbox One is September/13/2017)

I am not sure what day or year it came to any of the other consoles though.

Really? It came out today? Then I guess we share the same birthday. I got introduced to Don't Starve through a Youtube video I had watched a long time ago. It really caught my interest, and it was got me into using Steam and gaming in general. Now, I'm working on trying to finish school so I can get into game design.Sounds super cliche, but I don't know if I'd be on this path if it weren't for me stumbling onto Don't Starve. So happy birthday.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

在Xbox上,DST才3岁,仅此而已。它直到2017年才问世,但我猜是生日快乐吗?:) 

(只是将您想知道的Xbox One的DST生日定为2017年9月13日)

我不知道是哪一天或一年来的其他任何控制台。

Thank you for your answer. The time may be different for different platforms. I use steam.

3 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

真?今天出来了吗 那我猜我们同一个生日。我很久以前观看过的YouTube视频向我介绍了《不要挨饿》。它的确引起了我的兴趣,这促使我开始使用Steam和游戏。现在,我正在努力完成学业,以便可以进入游戏设计。听起来超级陈词滥调,但是我不知道如果不是我跌跌撞撞地走了《不要挨饿》,我是否会走这条路。生日快乐

wow,Does it mean your birthday today?Happy birthday friend, I hope you successfully complete your studies and everything goes well:D

That's how my brother got his copy--it was my free one.  Me, I'd already started with singleplayer DS a month (or two? not sure) earlier so I already knew I liked the game mechanics/universe in general, and bought Together shortly after it came out of beta.  (I don't remember exactly how soon, but not long after the "New Reign" cinematic and I remember several play sessions involving the original twiggy trees.)  

However I'd first HEARD of Don't Starve back in 2013, so it kinda took me a while to finally look into it... : P

(I also love how the trees are all red and pink as well, to fit my outfit's colour scheme.  Heh.)

...Notorious

So much good and heart-warming moments I had with Don`t Starve Together. I can`t discribe how much I love and appreciate this game... Happy release day DST!

One of my oldest and favorite screenshots. The only thing I miss from old DST is old skin inventory... And regret using mods and Russian translation

444.jpg

26 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

与Do n't Starve Together在一起的那段美好而温暖的时刻。我无法描述我对这款游戏的喜爱和赞赏……DST发行愉快!

我最古老最喜欢的屏幕截图之一。我从旧的DST中唯一想念的是旧的皮肤库存...并且后悔使用mod和俄语翻译

444.jpg

wow,Thank you very much for sharing,I really like old photos,Reminiscent of memories.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I got introduced to the company in 2016 through the comic Bloodeagles. Before that, I never knew of them before. So I jumped to the game when the cinematic introduction of Charlie becoming the queen is what made me sign into the forums. Klei's other games have drawn my attention but DST is what started my introduction to Klei.

Thank you for sharing!

20 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

我的几张旧照片:

隐藏内容

image.thumb.png.0c70898890b2ca64fb1d63aa671995fb.png

image.thumb.png.464852e0e21b8e42625087f0ed0c0273.png

image.thumb.png.cbc44810b6eddbac2acfd8e88b2acf61.png

image.thumb.png.c671b5fba3646aa06aaeee8e4a023e5a.png

不幸的是,当Forge发行时,我不得不去了另一个国家……所以最终从未取得所有成就,而且可能永远也无法完成这些成就。

1870876035_Screenshot2017-10-2323-14-55.thumb.jpg.f9a3b328e8ecfea32fe7de0cab623bae.jpg

I also missed some activities, but life is like this,  have regrets and laughter,Thank you for sharing.

I started to play Don't Starve before rot and insanity was added to the game (on the solo version)... It's been awhile I've been playing this game, and I won't stop playing it, I won't forgot the good memories when I started to play, and discover everything, I still remember about that old rocky biome, with only road turf, those bridge with isles eh hehe, when all the updates on the classic game was out, and when RoG was out too, and when people started to talk about a multiplayer version of the game, I was totally against it, now, when I see DST, I'm like "That's some nice things they've created, I'm happy to see those". See you on the forums and on the game everyone ! And... 

Happy birthday DST !

10 hours ago, Thalkas said:

My few old pics:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.0c70898890b2ca64fb1d63aa671995fb.png

YES!  I was just thinking, "I wish I had taken a picture of the old title screen when I had a chance!"  I liked this version so much better!  Getting to actually _see_ some of the other people who played recently and what they were wearing/had equipped at the time, just made it feel so much more like a community, you know?  And sometimes you'd see yourself and be like "When did they take THAT, I'm not wearing anything close to that!" or you'd see someone you knew who didn't play often, such as when I saw my brother's character in a Hallowed Nights outfit...

This and the pre-Forge character select method, where you scrolled between them left and right like in singleplayer, are the two UI elements I'd want brought back the most.  The current one looks like you're picking characters off the select screen for a fighting game.  ("MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT!! (dramatic music))

I also wish I'd thought to take a picture of the original twiggy trees, while I had them.  Anyone have a screenshot of those?

...Notorious

Here's my first screenshot I took ever since I came back to DST. I did play the really old beta but never screenshotted anything.
Just me playing on a pub during hallowed nights 2017.

20171031121052_1.thumb.jpg.23778802e03a1d21dda1cc1d15902007.jpg

Triumphant Wendy was actually the first skin set I got, ho boy these sure were the days.
Heck this was back in the day that I was that noob that would ask "where base' >.>

(Holy crap I just realized, this pic was taken before I got my glommer plush IRL and the backpack skin it came with.)

Anywho, happy birthday to DST!

5 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

这是我回到DST以来拍摄的第一张截图。我确实玩过真正的Beta版,但从未截图任何内容。
在2017年神圣的夜晚,只有我在一家酒吧玩耍。

20171031121052_1.thumb.jpg.23778802e03a1d21dda1cc1d15902007.jpg

凯蒂·温迪(Wendy Wendy)实际上是我得到的第一批皮肤,男孩,这些肯定是日子。
哎呀,这回溯到我那个问“哪里基地”的菜鸟的那一天。

(我刚刚意识到,这张照片是在我拿到我的胶粘剂长毛绒IRL和它随附的背包皮之前拍摄的。)

祝DST生日快乐!

Haha,Very interesting little story,Thank you for sharing!

That's a neat idea--why don't we all post our very earliest DST screenshot, or at least the earliest one we can find?

Here's the first time I thought to hit the F12 key in-game:

myfirstdstpicture.png.5dcf651f803b68c331b9535f89c510e0.png

There's nothing here to specifically show it, but this was taken in July 2016.  I was on someone else's modded server, hence why the day is insanely long, I have big stacks of everything and am wearing an extra-large packpack AND armour at the same time.  In addition to all of these they also had a mod for really large trees.

I ended up using ONE of these.

143grassfishing.png.2725466b4251a13f7c69ce9e8ee4295b.png

...I wonder which one it was...?

;)

At the time, I was STRONGLY anti-mod.  I _still_ won't use stuff like wear a backpack, armour and amulet at the same time, no penalty for carrying way more inventory, mess with the day lengths to make them have no or very little night, telepathically know other peoples' maps somehow as they walk around very far away from me or easy, reusable missile weapons.

...unTIL I found out that a mod was the only way I could play as un-nerfed Willow (for a long time, anyway).  Then my stance on mods in general kinda changed..but I still don't do ones that universally make things easier.  Unless it also has a something-else-is-harder balancing factor.

(Except for making it so the thermal stone doesn't break, 'cos I came up from singleplayer DS and beep that noise.  : P)

Bonus:  My very first pet.

myfirstcritter.png.ac4c09ccbe9e2c283a2e886d34863470.png

From November 7, 2016 aka during the first Hallowed Nights ever.  Hence why I'm wearing the Dragonfly costume head.  :)   This is what happens when you have to retrofit a feature into an older, already-explored world:  Instead of living in Mosaicana (the "mosaic biome"), the critters end up with the Dragonfly and hound mounds for neighbors.  It was a _three day_ journey each way to get here, and yes I did have to dodge both of those things.  In the dark.

Then we sat down around the campfire and ate cactus together in the snow.

WORTH IT!  :D

...Notorious

Archived