Crab King ways to kill

So Glermz posted  a video of killing Crab king with blow darts, there is the glitch of putting the boss a sleep, but I have a new way to do it:

So this one involves on using swords! It's actually pretty easy:

Do the same as Glermz, but put the boats more closer to the crab, so you can hit him with a sword, then put a lazy medallion, that will collect every thing on the floor. Tank the boos till your raft is almost destroyed, build a new one in the water and hope into it, when the last boat crashes normally the boards are blocking you from putting the new raft, but with the amulet you will collect them and you will be able to put a boat in there again!

That's it, you don't need spicy chilly volgout jelly or spring. Just a ton of boards and a ham bat (or any other stick to kill; spear, tentical, dark sward, wigfrid's spear, bat bat, tulicite club or glass cuter!) and a medallion (with nightmare full). I did not actually tested it out so if you could, say if it works. And also guys: do you think that it's cheese? Like it seems a little bit, but at the same time it's beter that the Glermz option and it costs lees resurses... tell me if you think it's cheese!

14 minutes ago, Wumpair said:

-snip snap-

You don't exploit the property of something in a way it wasn't intended for, you use the lazy forager like it should, and it's a super technique if you want my opinion, I'll try it ! 

2 hours ago, Moonatik said:

I maybe missed it... We can now refuel the lazy forager ?

Nope, can't refuel it with nmf.

I tried using the forager for the crab fight. It's still questionably useful because the pick up range is kind of short so it doesn't pick up all the boards from destroyed boats so it still looks like a warzone of boards. Then there's the tentacles that block your placement as well. WIthout enough damage to kill them, they become a big problem.

2 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Nope, can't refuel it with nmf.

I tried using the forager for the crab fight. It's still questionably useful because the pick up range is kind of short so it doesn't pick up all the boats from destroyed boats so it still looks like a warzone of boards. Then there's the tentacles that block your placement as well. WIthout enough damage to kill them, they become a big problem.

Hmm ok.

We could maybe try to repair every hole, since the update will allow the repairs kit to both fix the hole AND repairing the boat. If I'm not wrong, it's new. Can we repair the boat too without holes ?

Ya I forgot that it was not refulable... well I tried it too, it was not weary helpful because his range was to short, so you can stuck on the raft :(. instead I tried a new strategy: Burn baby burn! Instead of collecting the board you burn them with a fire staff, it's kind of tricky because you can burn your self, lol, but it kind of worked. But there is a big but! You will need like a trillion of boats to do the fight, so maybe you defiantly should use Wolfgang, voltgoutjelly and spicy chilly. I am not sure that this strategy will be used, because it requaiers a lot from players, this was just an idea, now we need a better one!

worst idea ever for two people that I haven't tried at all: goose with lazy forager. probably excessive since one guy trying to keep the boat from exploding one guy smacking should be enough.
best idea ever: remembering the lazy forager existed with the boat fragments! good catch!
I wonder if the crab counts as permanently wet. I feel like the only reason it wouldn't is because they forgot to make him wet yet. Then again, not many waves to hit the top of him.

it looks like patches are good enough for healing that you could maybe just outheal it if you found it easier to make patches than blow darts. maybe that's an awful idea. Twigs are also good at healing boats, not sure how much worse.

im testing it in spring with a single boat, malbatross peak, morning star and a ton of patches but its so hard and i think mess with the gems, i put 8 red gems and 1 purple just because i have more of these than the other but i read after that this increase the health so gg for me xD

also idk how much is healing so maybe im doing nothing after all, but if the heal is low i think it could be done without weird stuff, just a lot of partches

Darts helps a lot with the claws

49 minutes ago, Confused Rock said:

goose with lazy forager

Weregoose can only wear backpacks, anything else Woodie has on chest slot that is not a backpack, drops when he transforms.

It would be cool to be able to keep equipped amulets though, magiluminescence or lazy forager would greatly help in many situations, and nightmare amulet would be super useful for the moose.

1 hour ago, Wumpair said:

Lol! Klei fix it, it's too easy now! :wilson_smile:

I mean in the crabs defence, he was going up against a full power Wolfgang that kept using panflutes to negate their attacks and purposefully did the easiest set up for the fight. The odds were not in their favor.

5 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

I'm just going to post this clip. Glermz did this right after the hotfix came out.
https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveHomelyAxeRuleFive

Realistically you would not be able to get a Wolfgang with dark sword and spiced Volt Goat Chaud-Froid until late game, unless there's a full team of a Warly, Wicker and Wormwood rushing all that behind, which defeats the purpose of the solo since they should all fight together :lol:. And since the fight will be a lot longer if you solo without max power Wolfgang, you'd probably use a lot of panflutes on a single fight. Maybe Wickerbottom with sleep books can do it with cheaper resources.

In any case I'm sure they will add an increasing resistance to magic effects like toadstool has (the more you cast freezing/sleeping, the less it affects her)

4 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

I mean in the crabs defence, he was going up against a full power Wolfgang that kept using panflutes to negate their attacks and purposefully did the easiest set up for the fight. The odds were not in their favor.

Not to mention this is still in beta, his kit can change entirely when it reaches live aswell as his gem bonus stats, right now he's being exploited with gunpowder, atleast that's the easiest way i found out, basically him not reacting to it burning nor exploding, but his hp still shattering.

11 hours ago, Wumpair said:

I wanted to say that Wendy is probably one of the greatest of the characters to kill crab, Abigail wont get damaged by any thing right? She will kill the claws and and stop the crab from healing! 

The crab hands will damage Abi, but the crabking himself won't.

10 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Where is it listed what gem / effects we get?

Any tips for killing the hands?  It takes so long to kill them that I have to jump several boats.

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

The crab hands will damage Abi, but the crabking himself won't.

Where is it listed what gem / effects we get?

Any tips for killing the hands?  It takes so long to kill them that I have to jump several boats.

The arms only deal 15 damage to mobs/players and I think if you put Abigail in the riled up state, she'll never go anywhere near them. I haven't had time to test this, so do take it with a stack of salt, but theoretically once riled up Abigail is aggro'ed on the Crab King himself (which is inevitable, since the arms don't spawn until partway through the fight), she'll remain focused on the Crab King and the arms won't be able to reach her.

7 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

The arms only deal 15 damage to mobs/players and I think if you put Abigail in the riled up state, she'll never go anywhere near them. I haven't had time to test this, so do take it with a stack of salt, but theoretically once riled up Abigail is aggro'ed on the Crab King himself (which is inevitable, since the arms don't spawn until partway through the fight), she'll remain focused on the Crab King and the arms won't be able to reach her.

I said that only because I played the fight with Wendy + Abi.  She will agro the arms, and she will die.  After some testing its not because of the arm's attack but because she dies if she's on a boat that sinks.

Just now, Shosuko said:

I said that only because I played the fight with Wendy + Abi.  She will agro the arms, and she will die.  After some testing its not because of the arm's attack but because she dies if she's on a boat that sinks.

Yeah, I found out about her aggroing the arms a couple of hours ago. :/

Archived