Kley please buff Wurt

I was playing as Wurt, trying to rush bee queen with her merm guards.

I just spended 8 tentacle spots to build 8 guard houses, then i was thinking: ok, easy peasy lemon squeezy

At the end i just died to Bee queen spending 8 tentacle spots, if i was Wickerbottom, i could spend just 5 and kill it

Pls buff Wurt >:

Wurt | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

That's a bit of lackluster feedback. I could also use flint and twigs and grass to make an axe and a torch or a spear. Obviously the tools work better in different situations. Are you sure the argument shouldn't be to nerf Wickerbottom? While I'm sure Klei doesn't mind criticism, you need to offer some kind of response as to what to do. Buffing Wurt could range from being able to craft more items to having more health or more speed or new abilitieis. Not to mention you were trying to rush Bee Queen with merms, and I'm pretty sure the Bee Queen's roar disperses companions (correct me if i"m wrong) so I think you were kind doomed from the start.

2 hours ago, Caiorochinha said:

At the end i just died to Bee queen spending 8 tentacle spots, if i was Wickerbottom, i could spend just 5 and kill it

What you're judging is like saying Wigfrid why not eating vegetables.

The answer is simple the characters have different characteristics

I wish you didn't question everything.Just Play. 

:)

3 hours ago, Caiorochinha said:

I just spended 8 tentacle spots to build 8 guard houses, then i was thinking: ok, easy peasy lemon squeezy

Pls buff Wurt >:

Wurt | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

And if you where wolfgang no tentacle spot is needed ¿?¿?¿?

I've never played Wurt, so I can't tell about her state. But what keeps me from weaving/buying her is the fact she cannot trade with pig king (correct me if I'm wrong).

According to what I've read and seen, she is powerful enough and interesting to play, thus doesn't require any buff, only a few minor tweaks such as cold from wetness resistance and ability to negotiate with that fat snorting horror, with a sneaky clever disguise on. That's what I would suggest.

5 hours ago, Caiorochinha said:

If you will fight too, I'd aim at 15 merm guards minimum, to make the fight easier. And give them bee hats, they are strong but the final phase of the grumbles will deal a ton of damage at them. 

Comparing the merms to wicker is not really right: the tentacles will remain in place, will only work against bee queen (and maybe hounds if you are nearby) and they will only work 2 fights if you don't help, and "maybe" 4 fights if you are super crisp on getting her attention and preventing her from attacking tentacles. On average I never can use them more than 3 times before I have to respawn all of them. Also there is a huge risk of getting yourself killed by the tentacles before, during, and after the fight.

As with merms, even though it will cost you 3 times more spots they can be taken with you anywhere on the map to fight everything there is to fight on the surface, and are risk free, meaning that unless you punch them, they will never attack you. And even if you fail in a fight, or used them too much, they will die and respawn in just a day without doing anything.

So you invest more once, and profit the rest of the gameplay. 

14 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If you will fight too, I'd aim at 15 merm guards minimum, to make the fight easier. And give them bee hats, they are strong but the final phase of the grumbles will deal a ton of damage at them. 

Comparing the merms to wicker is not really right: the tentacles will remain in place, will only work against bee queen (and maybe hounds if you are nearby) and they will only work 2 fights if you don't help, and "maybe" 4 fights if you are super crisp on getting her attention and preventing her from attacking tentacles. On average I never can use them more than 3 times before I have to respawn all of them. Also there is a huge risk of getting yourself killed by the tentacles before, during, and after the fight.

As with merms, even though it will cost you 3 times more spots they can be taken with you anywhere on the map to fight everything there is to fight on the surface, and are risk free, meaning that unless you punch them, they will never attack you. And even if you fail in a fight, or used them too much, they will die and respawn in just a day without doing anything.

So you invest more once, and profit the rest of the gameplay. 

just a point to add. Wurt can easy get spots via her king

43 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

20 kelp in 1 day with only an oar, I’m suspecting this is sorcery.

Honestly speaking, I've had a strong suspicion the guy has been using consoles since after the Maxwell video. Things just never felt the same and went by way too smoothly since after that one.

I feel rather a buff wurt needs a quality of life update too much of her perks are the whim of rng and unfair minor issues

-merm huts can only be made by freshwater fish which can only be found in ponds or by killing merms

-merms have no hunger animation or names making managing them harder

-fish don't stack so good luck making a village far from a pond

Her downsides and upsides I feel are ok and fair but these things really ruin the experience for her a lot usually ends up making wurt players either make solo worlds(me) or just play pubs alone while occasionally convincing a team to base somewhat close to a pond or swamp

Does this post suggest that a character's strength is based off of how many tentacle spots it takes to kill bee queen solo as soon as possible?
Does this mean that the new wendy with abigail is a god? is wolfgang a god? they dont need tentacle spots

Are you just all overlooking the fact that this was likely written by someone between the ages of 8-12? "Kley" instead of "Klei", "spended"? They basically just want a handout based on something they wanted to work that just simply didn't on a boss meant to be given a difficult challenge

8 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

That's a bit of lackluster feedback. I could also use flint and twigs and grass to make an axe and a torch or a spear. Obviously the tools work better in different situations. Are you sure the argument shouldn't be to nerf Wickerbottom? While I'm sure Klei doesn't mind criticism, you need to offer some kind of response as to what to do. Buffing Wurt could range from being able to craft more items to having more health or more speed or new abilitieis. Not to mention you were trying to rush Bee Queen with merms, and I'm pretty sure the Bee Queen's roar disperses companions (correct me if i"m wrong) so I think you were kind doomed from the start.

Make sense, i really prefer a nerf in all the "op" characters to balance the game, or new itens / nerf the ruins itens to change the game route.

I think everyone is tired of rushing ruins

7 hours ago, MrDo said:

What you're judging is like saying Wigfrid why not eating vegetables.

The answer is simple the characters have different characteristics

I wish you didn't question everything.Just Play. 

:)

40 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Does this post suggest that a character's strength is based off of how many tentacle spots it takes to kill bee queen solo as soon as possible?
Does this mean that the new wendy with abigail is a god? is wolfgang a god? they dont need tentacle spots

Yeah bro, this was a "kidding" post, i just used something really specific comparing characters as if they need tentacle spots, you can just rush bee queen solo faster then building a merm village to kill her :s

28 minutes ago, YaBoyGuzma said:

Are you just all overlooking the fact that this was likely written by someone between the ages of 8-12? "Kley" instead of "Klei", "spended"? They basically just want a handout based on something they wanted to work that just simply didn't on a boss meant to be given a difficult challenge

Yeah, soo srry for that, i'm not soo good in your language bro, i should pay more attention in english classes :(

I'm 19 by the way

7 hours ago, Caiorochinha said:

(...) new itens / nerf the ruins itens to change the game route.

Pretty sure people that rush ruins do it because it's easier to do it while it's autumn and because it's a nice early game challenge with the benefit of a few items to brag about. They don't need the nerfs considering the trouble you have to go through whenever you need to craft again.

Also, most of the new items aren't OP or in need of nerfs. Most of the lunar islands items, the sea fishing, the boat, cookie cutter helmet, salt box and other new things are all ignored by the majority of players. The classic tools are what most people use and for a good reason, they are easy to make, just because something else seems OP, stat wise, doesn't mean it's worth going through all the trouble to craft it. Except for end game, when you have everything, but nothing to do.

7 hours ago, Caiorochinha said:

nerf the ruins itens to change the game route.

If anything some Ruins Gear could actually use certain buffs to make it more appealing, useful/viable etc.

And that "everyone" probably amounts to >2% or less. Check pubs to see how well bulk-of-player base fairs in general.

53 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Pretty sure people that rush ruins do it because it's easier to do it while it's autumn and because it's a nice early game challenge with the benefit of a few items to brag about. They don't need the nerfs considering the trouble you have to go through whenever you need to craft again.

Also, most of the new items aren't OP or in need of nerfs. Most of the lunar islands items, the sea fishing, the boat, cookie cutter helmet, salt box and other new things are all ignored by the majority of players. The classic tools are what most people use and for a good reason, they are easy to make, just because something else seems OP, stat wise, doesn't mean it's worth going through all the trouble to craft it. Except for end game, when you have everything, but nothing to do.

Rushing ruins is soo easy bro, and the items you farm there are soo op to early game, it need to be nerfed.

Or they could just stickle the ruins to be really difficult to rush early game

38 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If anything some Ruins Gear could actually use certain buffs to make it more appealing, useful/viable etc.

And that "everyone" probably amounts to >2% or less. Check pubs to see how well bulk-of-player base fairs in general.

I think ruins are soo easy to rush with a OP Profit, if they stickle the place and turn it really difficulty than ok, but at this moment, ruins gear are soo op to early game

33 minutes ago, Caiorochinha said:

Rushing ruins is soo easy bro, and the items you farm there are soo op to early game, it need to be nerfed.

Or they could just stickle the ruins to be really difficult to rush early game

I think ruins are soo easy to rush with a OP Profit, if they stickle the place and turn it really difficulty than ok, but at this moment, ruins gear are soo op to early game

So easy, yet only a very low percent of the player base have ever tried ruins rushing let alone succeeded at it. After you learn the hows to do it, it becomes easy, specially considering this is a game where you can spam heal, make cheap armor that reduces 80% of damage (seriously, that's a huge number) and have most  enemies with one, just one, attack pattern. But even with all that, the majority of players will not tackle the ruins in the first season out of fear alone.

To me, most of the items you can craft in there are luxury items at best, while some have some niche use. The things I consider OP in this game is movement speed (preferably with a backpack slot unused), cheap things (time wise) and anything else than can make other players not reset the world while I play. So, yeah... the ruins items aren't for me, unless I'm soloing a few bosses that weren't meant to be soloed to begin with or when I want to show off in pubs.

Jokes aside, we shouldn't compare characters power to overpowered characters like Wicker and Wolfgang.

I can only assume that wanting to be able to easily rush the Bee Queen is a joke.

I'm a Wicker main and I'm embarrassed to be associated with a broken character, really hope she gets toned down in a refresh, same with Wolfgang.

But yeah Wurt's boring, IMO. Her Vegetarian food options are lackluster, she is better off eating raw/cooked ingredients over actual crockpot dishes most of the time (people seriously say Ratatouille is a good food option? Eating the ingredients gives you like double the food value, and Ratatouille doesn't give you any good health or sanity), the Merm King doesn't get enough hunger value from the foods hes allowed to eat and his stomach is small, meaning you constantly have to keep feeding him, and it takes way too long to actually get to the "interesting" part of her playstyle, IE building a sort of village of Merms.

I wish she would have actual base building mechanics, like farming Merm's, and fishing Merm's.

Right now its just all fighting all the time, she exists to make warriors, to go fight things, and that's it.

Shes a odd collage of different ideas, and I'm not sure any of them really work together.

12 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

Honestly speaking, I've had a strong suspicion the guy has been using consoles since after the Maxwell video. Things just never felt the same and went by way too smoothly since after th (whoops i accidentally erased sorry)

He has admitted to using console on video several times; I personally don't mind because to me it's clear his videos are for shock value and humor.

3 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

She is better off eating raw/cooked ingredients over actual crockpot dishes most of the time (people seriously say Ratatouille is a good food option? Eating the ingredients gives you like double the food value, and Ratatouille doesn't give you any good health or sanity)

Ratatouille is only good because you can make it with 1 carrot/veggie and 3 eggs which you can get from feeding meat to a bird since you won't use the meat for anything else.

The health and sanity def aren't something to go for but for 1 carrot and meat I'll never use I'll take it.

Kinda ironic. Instead of using berries as a filler for meatballs you use meat as a filler for fist full of jam.

Archived