Rinkusan

Abigail's Demise: A DST Lore Analysis

Captain_Rage    1,197

Wow. Reading your investigation made me feel.... lucid. This is greatly interesting. Thank you for looking into and sharing these details. And thanks for the reminder to stay alert next time updates are posted. Eyes peeled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    67,482
Just now, Charlie Dark said:

Uhhh DUDE, the virus is happening now, in 2020, Abigail died sometime during the early 1900s! 

Corona is a name of a California city. Look at my spoiler.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Charlie Dark    190
Just now, minespatch said:

Corona is a name of a California city. Look at my spoiler.:wilson_sneaky:

oh right!, it's also a name of some beverage isn't it? I remember I found it at a store... the last time I went out... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

minespatch    67,482
1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

it's also a name of some beverage isn't it?

Yes, to the point youtubers had to say "beer" instead so they wont get demonitized.:wilsondisapproving:

• Like 2

mathem99    1,615

Incredibly meticulous work, Rinkusan! I'm certain now this is how Abigail died.

Thank-you for your detailed presentation and all of the hard work and research you put into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cosheeta    289
5 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's like if there was a theory based entirely around that one Malbatross scream in the Salty Dog trailer actually being Wes, y'know?

I want to
believe

Edited by Cosheeta

maciu67    615
18 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

image.thumb.png.17b251472bff58760af212202c7b3b4e.png

I think Abigail fell from cliff and drowned. Flower bush and everything after was only in Wendy's imagination.

• Like 2

Rinkusan    495
5 hours ago, maciu67 said:

I think Abigail fell from cliff and drowned. Flower bush and everything after was only in Wendy's imagination.

If Wendy's imagination only took hold after the flower bush scene, Jack would be a really bad caretaker for not wondering where Abigail is and locking her outside. 

@Sunset Skye I went back to the short to investigate a bit more. While what you're saying is still possible, I'm even more confident now that whatever that screeching noise is, it is not Abigail's scream because the entire short had no other instances of character voices even though they are visually making noise from their mouths. Basically, I think Klei intended for this short to be a silent film of sorts, and if that was Abigail's scream, it isn't consistent with the rest of the short. Here are some notable instances that had no "voice audio".

image.thumb.png.a4f2fae2755bdb593b70aac8fe9c1a79.png

image.thumb.png.dd8bda5eaaeacacbc746a1a27d14d925.png

• Like 2

maciu67    615
40 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

If Wendy's imagination only took hold after the flower bush scene, Jack would be a really bad caretaker for not wondering where Abigail is and locking her outside.

Scenes before flower bush is a day of Abigail's death. After flower bush we have scenes some days/weeks/months after tragedy when Wendy is in mourning. (But The flower bush scene in only in Wendy's imagination.)

And I also think that house is not placed at sea because Abigail's flower looks like chrizantemum and these flowers can't grow at sea.

Edited by maciu67
  • Like 1

Rinkusan    495
1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

Scenes before flower bush is a day of Abigail's death. After flower bush we have scenes some days/weeks/months after tragedy when Wendy is in mourning. (But The flower bush scene in only in Wendy's imagination.)

And I also think that house is not placed at sea because Abigail's flower looks like chrizantemum and these flowers can't grow at sea.

While technically possible, do you have any evidence to suggest that only the flower scene is in her imagination while everything else, including the scenes prior, are real?

I covered your second point in the original post in the real-world analysis section. 

maciu67    615
52 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

While technically possible, do you have any evidence to suggest that only the flower scene is in her imagination while everything else, including the scenes prior, are real?

Look at flower "on the wind" at the beginning of animation. When flower was close to Wendy, Abigail has appeared. Similary this flower is at the end but then we have Abigail in ghost form.

Rinkusan    495
2 hours ago, maciu67 said:

Look at flower "on the wind" at the beginning of animation. When flower was close to Wendy, Abigail has appeared. Similary this flower is at the end but then we have Abigail in ghost form.

I'm not sure I follow. How does the red flower in the wind show that the scenes prior to Abigail landing in the bush were reality and not Wendy's imagination?

maciu67    615
13 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

I'm not sure I follow. How does the red flower in the wind show that the scenes prior to Abigail landing in the bush were reality and not Wendy's imagination?

You know it's interpretation but you can find proof that Abigail drowned in Wendy's quotes e.g. pond.

• Confused 1

fimmatek    3,890
1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

You know it's interpretation but you can find proof that Abigail drowned in Wendy's quotes e.g. pond.

I think it's just your interpretation; calling this quote a proof is greatly exaggerating. 

POND = "Ophelia? Are you down there?"

Or did you mean a different quote? Because I didn't find and can't recall any other with a similar subject.

• Like 1