Pierogi or Dragonpie?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better healing food ?

I'd say Pierogi. Like you said, Dragonpies need too much attention to get them going, although you don't have much choice if you are playing Wurt.

Other than that I like to make a bunch of healing salves and random dishes. Praise the Smart Crock Pot mod otherwise my diet would probably still consist of only meatballs.

8 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Both.  If you have a Wigfrid in your group draongpies won't work for her, and if you have a Wurt in your group, she won't be able to eat pierogies.  I like to have materials on hand to make at least a little of each on command if needed.  Since we have a meatatarian AND a strict vegan among the characters now, neither one can satisfy EVERYone's healing food needs by itself anymore.

...Notorious

I completely forgot about Wigfrid, would've totally included her in the meme.

i am polish. if i were to think of dragonpie as better than pierogies, i would incur a massive migraine and be bed ridden as a group of polish assasains are dispatched to my house, subduing me before putting me through multiple psychological stressors until i stop believing that apple pie is better than pierOP....

really, pierogi is just better in general. dragonpie is too much work for it's middling benefit above pierogi, that being a quick eat animation and more hunger restoration. a bunny farm suits all food needs, while breeding dragon fruit is just for healing in the long term

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Both have their utilities but I certainly prefer dragonpie because they can be fed to and heal Beefalos, have more hunger gain, have less risk of death involved and have a faster eating animation.

However, I will prefer Trailmix best of all as its' cheap, easy to farm acquire in its' season (which happens to be the first season ingame) which makes gathering two full stacks of it useful for rushing down Dragonfly.

If it helps, here's a poll of mine covering the same topic more comprehensively:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/104176-on-healing-items-redux/

oh..now you reminded me about my beefalo.. I wanted to farm dragonpies at some point but.. too late he went feral :( Otis was my favourite beefalo..he loved me more than my friends, he always run up to me every time he woke up or every time I returned at the base.. such a shame he had to meet the end of my dark sword 

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Which is better healing food? Here’s Wormwoods opinion.

Wormwood- “Neither one of them.”

tbh, I liked playing as wormwood for a while.. but the healing was my biggest issue. If I had a wickerbottom in my team and reed trap set piece.. that would have been perfect 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

tbh, I liked playing as wormwood for a while.. but the healing was my biggest issue. If I had a wickerbottom in my team and reed trap set piece.. that would have been perfect 

Pre-Built Tents and Siesta-Lean-To is Wormwoods best friend..

You can’t heal by munching food, but you can always heal at the cost of draining hunger in a Tent or Lean-to.

This makes me wish that a Hard mode toggle for the game made it so that food didn’t heal anyone ever, that’s what healing slaves, booster shots and Tents/Lean-To should be good for.

But ONLY on a Harder Difficulty Setting of course :) 

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pre-Built Tents and Siesta-Lean-To is Wormwoods best friend..

You can’t heal by munching food, but you can always heal at the cost of draining hunger in a Tent or Lean-to.

This makes me wish that a Hard mode toggle for the game made it so that food didn’t heal anyone ever, that’s what healing slaves, booster shots and Tents/Lean-To should be good for.

But ONLY on a Harder Difficulty Setting of course :) 

isn't the game HARD enough...? I've been through a lot today at least.. I rescued my friend who was stuck in the maze with depth worms on my back.. went insane and got hunted by terrorbeaks while hunting bearger (this is the first time it happens, since I got bored so much and got a character mod and that character loses a LOT sanity at dusk and night, and yeah that combined with bearger's insanity aura... my friend actually killed him legitimately even though I did the most damage.. we also killed that rogue ewecus that had been "rogue" for a while, my own bunnymen betrayed me.. the game doesn't need a hard mode.. because it's already on hard mode...

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

isn't the game HARD enough...? I've been through a lot today at least.. I rescued my friend who was stuck in the maze with depth worms on my back.. went insane and got hunted by terrorbeaks while hunting bearger (this is the first time it happens, since I got bored so much and got a character mod and that character loses a LOT sanity at dusk and night, and yeah that combined with bearger's insanity aura... my friend actually killed him legitimately even though I did the most damage.. we also killed that rogue ewecus that had been "rogue" for a while, my own bunnymen betrayed me.. the game doesn't need a hard mode.. because it's already on hard mode...

Eh some of us like things to be harder, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.. but I play State of Decay 2 on Nightmare mode- Any time I leave my house in that game I leave knowing I may not come back home.. some people would love a harder difficulty for Don’t Starve Together.

You can play DS Single Player with Reduced health from the very start... those are options you can select prior to hosting a world...

Shipwrecked even up’d the Difficulty by giving Spider Warriors a poisonous bite that bleed out the players health Core with damage over time, you needed to craft an Anti-Venom to stop the Bleeding effect, but that only stopped it from draining, you had to craft booster shots and regen your health Core with healing items to get your health back up.

The TL:DR- there should be WAYS to Make the game harder for people who want a more challenging game experience without them having to pick to play as WES.

84072464-7913-4079-BD65-ED7309C1373F.gif

Pierogi, simply because Dragonfruit requires Wormwood or Farms, and even then it's a rarer fruit. 

Pierogi are easily mass produced with a bird cage, and are always steadily available. There's no RNG in cooking Pierogi like there is in growing Dragonfruit. :glee:

I only really make healing foods for when I know I'm going to be fighting something specifically like the Dragonfly or Klaus; otherwise I prefer Honey Poultices as I never have to worry about my main source of healing going to waste at any point. 

I will say though, when you get them, they are dang efficient at their job. 40 health is nothing to sneeze at when compared to 20-30, and the quicker animation compared to the salves or poultices is also something to boast about imo. 

I like healing where it is now, where only SOME foods heal you, and they take at least a bit of effort to set up/obtain, but not _all_ foods do that.  I think it works out pretty well how it is.

And some characters are restricted from some (or all) food-healing anyway, so...

...Notorious

19 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

And some characters are restricted from some (or all) food-healing anyway, so...

Wormwood can heal with jellybeans, so there's no characters who are completly restricted from food-healing in dst.

You can mass produce dragonpies if you rush moon island (quantity no longer problem, just making the farm ), if you want, but yes, this would be a slow approach to "meta" , but its the new option you have now with saladmanders ( a good answer to wurt vegans ). pierogi is easier to make , so it's the best.
( just comparing the time to make / amount you make, don't need to be a genius to know which one takes longer )

Archived