Pierogi or Dragonpie?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better healing food ?

I believe that pierogi is the best healing food (out of these two), because it can be easily made and mass farmed and it doesn't require all the attention in the world. Now you'll tell me "you can make dragonpies with 1 dragonfruit and 3 twigs" yeah cheap recipe, but still they require too much attention and cannot be mass-farmed with ease plus you will need to feed a portion of your crops to a bird to get the seeds back. So what are your opinions?

13 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I didn't add them because I wanted to. I am asking which of the "TWO" is the better in your opinions.

I actually just use whatever I get. If we have enough Dragon Fruits, then I make Dragonpie, if not, then Pierogi. But in most cases I just rely on Potatoes, Tomatoes, Blue Caps, Butterflies, etc. there's no specific food on which I rely to heal myself.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

what makes you think that? and how do you heal if you hate both?

Some people just use neither, so they may not have a strong opinion towards one or the other since they never use them.

As Victor expressed, I have had too countless of gameplays where I used just whatever I had at hand, be it healing salves, blue caps, fishsticks, honey hams, or just making a lot of food and sleeping, and never used those 2. Out of the 2 I choose pierogi, If its useful for the situation and the character (Wurt can't eat pierogi, Wormwood gets no healing out of neither of the 2, Wortox gets a tiny healing from them and its not worth it for him, and Wigfrid can't use dragonpie)

26 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

what makes you think that? and how do you heal if you hate both?

Blues caps in the blue mushroom cave biome are way faster to collect than those two if you got a shovel early game, plus rushing Bee Queen gives you around 6-7 royal jelly which are used to make 3 jellybeans each, which don't spoil and they got a total healing that equals 46-65 pierogi, not everyone rushes Bee Queen, i know that, but her drops are wonderful.

I use whatever I have. Pierogies are more effortless to mass produce and you don't have to wait until you're lucky enough to get 1 dragonfruit, and then again wait until you're lucky enough to get more than 1 seed from the bird. But I still think farming dragonfruits isn't a big deal when you've stabilized your camp and you have multiple reliable food sources available. I like how fast you can eat the dragonpie. The amount it heals or fills your stomach isn't as important in a situation where you're running for your dear life.

10 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Blues caps in the blue mushroom cave biome are way faster to collect than those two if you got a shovel early game, plus rushing Bee Queen gives you around 6-7 royal jelly which are used to make 3 jellybeans each, which don't spoil and they got a total healing that equals 46-65 pierogi, not everyone rushes Bee Queen, i know that, but her drops are wonderful.

do mushroom respawn when are digged?

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Nope, they don't! But there's alot of them down there and they get pretty useless when you get jellybeans anyways, in my opinion. Those blue mushroom trees do grow back, though, so blue caps aren't gone forever.

17 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

But jellybeans are rare.. I have like 47 since we killed the queen a couple of times but I only use them in very dire situations 

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

At least the Mushtrees in the caves can respawn in their respective biome during the blooming season as a part of the World Regrowth. Those could be useful if you value resources in your world a bit too much.

Pierogis are much easier to make, which makes them better. 

On a side note, why do people disapprove of farming in advanced farms so much? The crafting recipe can be pretty easily made as long as you have vegetables or fruit to feed a werepig and have relocated grass near your base. 

Once you get a dragon fruit from farming, and have a big enough farm, it's easy to get tons of dragon pies pretty fast, and they are great for hunger and healing.

It does need a bit of preparation though, and you have to use a lot of the dragon fruit you farm to get seeds, which makes it worse then pierogis. But that doesn't make the dragon fruit or farming bad. Maybe not the best, but not bad.

Both have their utilities but I certainly prefer dragonpie because they can be fed to and heal Beefalos, have more hunger gain, have less risk of death involved and have a faster eating animation.

However, I will prefer Trailmix best of all as its' cheap, easy to farm acquire in its' season (which happens to be the first season ingame) which makes gathering two full stacks of it useful for rushing down Dragonfly.

If it helps, here's a poll of mine covering the same topic more comprehensively:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/104176-on-healing-items-redux/

1 minute ago, GetNerfedOn said:

You forget to consider:

- Trailmix

- Honey Ham

- Wortox Souls

- healing items

- Flower Salad

- Turkey Dinner

- Sleep

- Raw Blue Caps

- certain vegetables

- Butterfly Wings

While admittedly these two foods are at the apex of healing, being the best healing foods does not immediately mean that the utility of the rest of the foods are null and void.

They didn't make this post to discuss the best healing food, but to see what people thought was better out of the two.

48 minutes ago, PrezPara said:

They didn't make this post to discuss the best healing food, but to see what people thought was better out of the two.

i see, i see. I shall retract my statement fortwith.

Still, merely having just the two of them on the poll devalues the rest of the healing sources and implies they ought not to be given attention just because they aren't META altogether and that, imo, is unfair. That is, however, entirely my opinion.

Also more dubious is the "How do you even heal?" statement from OP which does imply that he believes that these two foods are the only tools with which one can heal in DST.

20 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

But jellybeans are rare.. I have like 47 since we killed the queen a couple of times but I only use them in very dire situations 

You got 47 of them? They'll heal you alot, each one of them heals exactly 122 hp. And if you're killing Bee Queen every time she respawns, which takes 20 days to happen, i don't think you'll run out of jellybeans anytime soon. A murdered Bee Queen's jellybeans usually lasts around one in-game year when used as your main healing source iirc. Also, you can keep using pierogi if you don't wanna bother with killing that boss every 20 days, that's fine, i guess.

11 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Where's Blue Caps, Cooked Potatoes, Cooked Tomatoes, Healing Salve, etc. in your poll?

This is why it is important to read the question. "which is better" and "what is the best" are not the same.

2 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

This is why it is impotent to read the question. "which is better" and "what is the best" are not the same.

Your comments are impotent against me!

Spoiler

Spell-checking is important since impotent and important do not mean the same.

Both.  If you have a Wigfrid in your group draongpies won't work for her, and if you have a Wurt in your group, she won't be able to eat pierogies.  I like to have materials on hand to make at least a little of each on command if needed.  Since we have a meatatarian AND a strict vegan among the characters now, neither one can satisfy EVERYone's healing food needs by itself anymore.

...Notorious

Archived