Wortox's mother and imps

Will we ever get to see Wortox's mother and more imps as the Constant evolves? Do Imps come from a form of Hell in the Constant?

Can Wortox's mother possess others and can Wortox undo his own possession due to him still being technically a young imp?

12 minutes ago, RogueGamer12 said:

I doubt it tbh, i don't think they're focusing on making deep lore for the DLC characters, i'm pretty sure it's due to them not being canon. 

The DLC characters are 100% canon, them not being canon is a pretty common misinterpretation of them simply not being relevant to the main plot of DST. They're canon and they have lore, but that lore isn't going to affect the overall plot much. We probably won't be seeing Wortox or Wurt face off against Charlie, for example, but they still exist alongside the other survivors.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

But I wasn't asking about the dlc characters but just the existance of Imps in general. The other day someone was bringing up Wortox, Klaus, and Krampus... But what is Klaus in the world of the constant?

and why always keep in his sack a single moose/goose feather :@

I personally don’t want a lot of Lore on characters who aren’t playable outside of Charlie and maybe who or what Them is.

Everything else, seems kinda irrelevant. But that could just be me.

So nah I don’t need Lore on Who Wilson’s second uncles 3rd cousin is.. because unless they’re in the Constant or had something to do with how I got in the Constant.. they’re not that important.

Case in point- Wurt is Wurt.... There’s no real backstory there outside of “is a young Merm..” and “Hates Pigs for unknown reasons.”

Someone who would probably have more to do with Lore than Wurt would be Mumsy & Billy. 

I didn’t get to play the Gorge/Forge Events.. but they have to be of SOME importance somewhere because they have Curio Vignettes for them.

The same can not really be said for Wortox’s Mother.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, she's mentioned in a quote, so she exists. She and her kind could be some interesting theological importance to the world of the Constance if the Imps come from a hell type dimension.

32 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Well, she's mentioned in a quote, so she exists. She and her kind could be some interesting theological importance to the world of the Constance if the Imps come from a hell type dimension.

Eh.. maybe I could see them in the game in a new island Biome I guess..? But keep in mind that Wortox was more of a sad & innocent goat looking thing prior to becoming a more hellish demon creature.

So would Imps mobs in the game be sad little goat looking things?? Or more Hellish looking, fitting for a Forge like Biome full of fire and lava.

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So would Imps mobs in the game be sad little goat looking things??

We have to assume that Wortox is a literal kid of his species. Adult imps could be different than the children. Maybe we can get some lore on Klaus through the Imps.

Also, Wortox has said he arrived in the Constant through the ancient portal that Charlie opened.

17 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I personally don’t want a lot of Lore on characters who aren’t playable outside of Charlie and maybe who or what Them is.

Everything else, seems kinda irrelevant. But that could just be me.

So nah I don’t need Lore on Who Wilson’s second uncles 3rd cousin is.. because unless they’re in the Constant or had something to do with how I got in the Constant.. they’re not that important.

Case in point- Wurt is Wurt.... There’s no real backstory there outside of “is a young Merm..” and “Hates Pigs for unknown reasons.”

Someone who would probably have more to do with Lore than Wurt would be Mumsy & Billy. 

I didn’t get to play the Gorge/Forge Events.. but they have to be of SOME importance somewhere because they have Curio Vignettes for them.

I'd like to disagree. Maman Angeline maybe outside of the Constant and its backstory, but she holds extreme importance to the lore, being a defining point in Warly's character and his motivation to get home.

While wortox's mother may not have similar emotional weight or exposition, she may be well the key to understand Wortox, his motivations and character.

Then again, only time will tell if the devs will decide to give her special attention.

I am pretty sure the constant's creatures is connected are connected to our mythical creatures we know.

-> Krampus, Merman and Jackalopes are mythical creatures.

-> The Codex Umbra is a tome/book and Charlie + Maxwell were sucked into.

-> Maybe this implies the creatures originally existed on earth but dissapeared, becoming "fantasy".

Dunno about the Hell in the Constant. It became a Chrisitian entity in the distant past but in old ages people believed in a life after a worldy death, the transition of the soul. I doubt the hell we know is a concept that ever appear in the Constant - logic is different here. Other characters cannot see (inspect) souls (but affected by or have souls). See above, i could be wrong.  Because of this the origin of Wortox, the imps or his mother is actually unknown. Maybe it happened their ancestors found a home in adifferent portal world and they react to naughtyness done by the survivors. 

Wortox' mother possesing the ability to consume souls is a possibility. However it's Klei's responsibility to answer this. It's a curse after all. And the origin of Woodie's curse is unknown, too. So, maybe you can play with your headcanons, for now.

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I'd like to disagree. Maman Angeline maybe outside of the Constant and its backstory, but she holds extreme importance to the lore, being a defining point in Warly's character and his motivation to get home.

While wortox's mother may not have similar emotional weight or exposition, she may be well the key to understand Wortox, his motivations and character.

Then again, only time will tell if the devs will decide to give her special attention.

I would still rather have more actual playable game content or for Klei to make a Woodie short with some actual lore for him in it- Rather than Klei wasting that time to give us lore on Wortox’s Mom & Dad.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would still rather have more actual playable game content or for Klei to make a Woodie short with some actual lore for him in it- Rather than Klei wasting that time to give us lore on Wortox’s Mom & Dad.

i would like to clarify: why precisely is it a waste to give Wortox lore over other content? I agree with @minespatch that it would be a great opportunity to provide depth and breadth to one of the Constant's characters and enemy races (especially Krampii and Klaus) which would draw positive reactions from the playerbase. 

55 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

why precisely is it a waste to give Wortox lore over other content?

I'm not disagreeing about giving Woodie lore either. I'd love more lore about his totems and why those three animals in particular instead of "SUPER-CANUCK".

So yeah, I'm open for more gameplay mechanics to be tweaked on but in the future some explanation behind the imps coming out of the ancient portal and if Wortox had a connection with Winona entering the Constant when the mini-short "What Lies beyond" happened.

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Wortox is an imp, and one of his skins depicts him as a forest fawn. Just like Willow is a human, and one of her skins depicts her as an orphan.

Are you implying that orphans are not humans?

On ‎2020‎-‎03‎-‎01 at 1:03 AM, minespatch said:

Will we ever get to see Wortox's mother and more imps as the Constant evolves?

I don't think so. Wortox came from other realm via Ancient Gate.

On ‎2020‎-‎03‎-‎01 at 1:03 AM, minespatch said:

Wortox undo his own possession due to him still being technically a young imp?

On ‎2020‎-‎03‎-‎01 at 9:35 AM, minespatch said:

The other day someone was bringing up Wortox, Klaus

Maybe Wortox is young imp and Klaus is adult imp.

Archived