New Mast Skin

Yeah, it has been OVER a year since the start of Klei Rewards. It has yet to get an update. They did release a post about it 3ish' months ago? So I can't complain.....

I tried to find a quote of JoeW going over issues but couldn't find it. Sorry. One of his workers got into a car crash though.....

36 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I wonder if we're allowed to create Mast skin mods. :o

Or.. it could be a blank canvas we can paint our own images onto.

Ark Survival Evolved has canvas paintings, Minecraft has paintable banners... so why can’t dont Starve have them?

The only logical reason I can come up with is that because Klei could make profit off the boat mast Skins, and if they gave us free will to design our own they’d lose a lot of potential profit.

:( 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Or.. it could be a blank canvas we can paint our own images onto.

Ark Survival Evolved has canvas paintings, Minecraft has paintable banners... so why can’t dont Starve have them?

The only logical reason I can come up with is that because Klei could make profit off the boat mast Skins, and if they gave us free will to design our own they’d lose a lot of potential profit.

:( 

Maybe we could put the patterns we get from sketches onto the mast? Gives them another purpose and a lot of sketches would be really cool to put on a mast

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Y'know.... Klei could just finally have a use with the pen mechanic to make customizable masts?57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

Do you realize how much of a bad idea it is to give players artistic freedom?

There’s a ban/report world button in Minecraft for a reason.. 

the amount of human body parts created out of stairs, Grass blocks and ladders.. whoa man.

I don’t think (what players draw) should EVER be a reason why I can’t have artistic freedom.

Archived