[Game Update] - 396243

• Developer
  • Final art for Wattage Sensor
  • Final art for the Signal Selector and some small art revisions to the Signal Distributor
  • Massage Table sidescreen tooltip formatting.
  • Massage Table, Smart Battery, Liquid Reservoir, Gas Reservoir sidescreen tooltips now load correctly the first time.
  • NOT Gate now operates correctly on a Logic Ribbon.
  • Fixed strings while hovering over all of the input/control/output ports of the Signal Selector and Signal Distributor.
  • Counter no longer falsely increments if a game is loaded where the current count equals the target count.
  • Sweepy's name label is show in world UI
  • Sweepy is renameable. A sweepys name is stored by its base station and restored if the sweepy needs to be rebuilt
  • It's no longer possible to order sweepy to be swept up.
  • Building Automation Wires while a Counter is receiving a Green Signal no longer causes an increment.
  • Conduit sensor descriptions and Sweepy 'its' vs 'their' uniformity
  • Fix "Flaking" bug. Tiles and doors will no longer partially melt when they get too warm
  • Fix cases where doors would technically be melted but the building wouldn't go away
  • Updated automation wire damage fx
  • Fix Liquid Reservoir Output Red string.
  • Final art for Counter
  • Reduce memory allocations from reports during loading (~200mb in large colonies)
  • Reduce filesize usage from reports
  • Reduce memory allocations loading up animations (~300mb)
  • Reduce memory allocations from buildings during load (~300mb in large colonies)
  • Improve speed of saving reports
  • Improve speed of saving buildings

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

29 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix "Flaking" bug. Tiles and doors will no longer partially melt when they get too warm
  • Fix cases where doors would technically be melted but the building wouldn't go away

Some long-standing bug fixes hidden in the middle of these notes..

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I also have some odd behavior from my 4bit cables now. 

Hatch farm all 4bit work fine individually, but in my power setup, if i pull bit1 high, all 4 bits are pulled high.

Farm has no not-gate in front of the ribbon-writer, the power setup has. 20200225003116_1.thumb.jpg.fd72496f65cd477245763897c32abc21.jpg

furthest to the right is set to bit 4, yet is pulled high by the other writers who are set to bit 1-3. 

if bit 3 is pulled high, so is bit 4, if bit 2 is pulled high, so is bit 3 and 4. etc.

Automation Rethunk.sav

Edited by SkunkMaster

9 minutes ago, cyx2015s said:

Buffer gate, filter gate and bit writer are buggy, fix them

Already reported and being investigated. It IS quite the bug, even when the not gate reports a low, a filter gate and buffer gate will read it as a high, despite the graphics indicating a low is coming in. It pretty completely breaks a fair bit of automation for the moment. It appears OR Gates and AND Gates are not impacted, so a work-around is possible, assuming you have room to slip one into your logic circuit. :/

23 minutes ago, cyx2015s said:

I also suggest implementing a logic circuit that can transfer signal in one direction so they won't mess up other logic gates. Before, I have to do it by connecting 2 not gates or using a buffer gate and set the time to 0.1s.

OR gates and AND gates are made for the purpose of reducing 2 inputs into a single output(favoring high signals or low signals respectively) without contaminating the two input signals(so they can be used for other things).

That said, I wouldn't object to a Diode or even a "Line Filter" being introduced for filtering discrete input lines on a Ribbon. So we can segment the Ribbon without needing to break it out into X outputs(where x = 1 to 3) to feed most of it right back into a new ribbon. But first we need basic functions for it to work properly.

1 hour ago, SkunkMaster said:

furthest to the right is set to bit 4, yet is pulled high by the other writers who are set to bit 1-3. 

if bit 3 is pulled high, so is bit 4, if bit 2 is pulled high, so is bit 3 and 4. etc.

My one Ribbon is also behaving oddly, only using 2 bits on it. If bit 1 is high, the whole ribbon renders as high.

If bit 1 is low and bit 2 is high only bit 2 shows high.

But for more interesting, with bit 1 high and bit 2 high. The 2 bit readers looking for bit 2 show high, while the bit reader for bit 1 shows low. 

With bit 1 high and bit 2 high, the ribbon renders as high, but bit 1 still reads as low, bit 2 reads high, so same as the above.

Of course, there also is this graphical issue in play as well, the Bit Writter for bit 1 shows a green input, but the graphic connecting it to the ribbon shows a low.

huh.png

Edited by TheDeamon

1 hour ago, TheDeamon said:

Already reported and being investigated. It IS quite the bug, even when the not gate reports a low, a filter gate and buffer gate will read it as a high, despite the graphics indicating a low is coming in. It pretty completely breaks a fair bit of automation for the moment. It appears OR Gates and AND Gates are not impacted, so a work-around is possible, assuming you have room to slip one into your logic circuit. :/

This is wrong based on testing I just did. The gates seem to function normally only so long as a NOT Gate is not the only thing involved in the logic tree enabling the result.

Testing with an NOT Gate hooked up to an AND Gate which is in turn hooked to a Filter had these outcomes:

NOT Gate High: Input 1 and 2 for AND Gate, Output high. Filter Gate accepts High, wire shows high.
NOT Gate Low: Input 1 and 2 for AND Gate: Output low, Filter Gate accepts as high, wire shows low.
NOT Gate High: Input 1, Switch on Input 2(High), Output high, Filter Gate accepts High, wire shows high.
NOT Gate Low: Input 1, Switch on Input 2(High), Output low, Filter Gate accepts Low, wire shows low.
NOT Gate High: Input 1, Switch on Input 2(Low), Output low, Filter Gate accepts Low, wire shows low.
NOT Gate Low: Input 1, Switch on Input 2(Low), Output low, Filter Gate accepts Low, wire shows low.

I'll let someone in a sandbox test nested Not Gates if they're crazy enough to do so.

Edited by TheDeamon

• Developer

Thanks as always for the detailed reports and investigation, folks... the NOT gates were indeed borked. Should be better now, with the next update tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

image.png

1 hour ago, cyx2015s said:

Buffer gate, filter gate and bit writer are buggy, fix them

@cyx2015s Do you mean Buffer/Filter gates on their own are buggy, or when combined with a NOT gate? If you mean on their own, can you please provide a save and I will take a look? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was about to post a follow up on the ribbon problem. After switching the Or Gate in my previous Screenshot with an AND Gate configured as per my last post(adding in a switch that has been turned on to latch one input high on the AND Gate to buffer the NOT gate), my own Ribbon Problem was corrected.

fixed.png

9 hours ago, jambell said:

Thanks as always for the detailed reports and investigation, folks... the NOT gates were indeed borked. Should be better now, with the next update tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

image.png

@cyx2015s Do you mean Buffer/Filter gates on their own are buggy, or when combined with a NOT gate? If you mean on their own, can you please provide a save and I will take a look? Thanks!

I meant using a buffer/filter gate with a not gate is buggy. At first I didn't realized it's because of the not gate until I see @kbn

's post. Thanks for all of your excellent games!

11 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Where do i buy the 4bit cable bridges?

Wait... there is no way to bridge the ribbons...? 

This must be an overlook... And IMO should be addressed and resolved before the pack is released...

I was sure there was a way to use bridges with the ribbons...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pether said:

Wait... there is no way to bridge the ribbons...? 

This must be an overlook... And IMO should be addressed and resolved before the pack is released...

In my opinion it shouldn't be possible, and we shouldn't have a ribbon bridge. It's like a heavy watt wire for automation signals.

• Like 2

Thanks on the update!!

Isn't sweepy a bit too power costly?

Powered fridge draws constant 120w while sweepy uses 240w all night long while charging...

It's ok but powered fridge is arguably more useful and has a free alternative combined with the right gasses. Sweepy is more straight forward and I fear it isn't used much in the long run because of sweeper + loader.

I feel like sweeper is too expensive for a low tech build...

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Reduce memory allocations from reports during loading (~200mb in large colonies)
  • Reduce filesize usage from reports
  • Reduce memory allocations loading up animations (~300mb)
  • Reduce memory allocations from buildings during load (~300mb in large colonies)
  • Improve speed of saving reports
  • Improve speed of saving buildings

Also, these patch notes are beautiful! Thanks a lot!

13 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

Thanks on the update!!

Isn't sweepy a bit too power costly?

Powered fridge draws constant 120w while sweepy uses 240w all night long while charging...

It's ok but powered fridge is arguably more useful and has a free alternative combined with the right gasses. Sweepy is more straight forward and I fear it isn't used much in the long run because of sweeper + loader.

I feel like sweeper is too expensive for a low tech build...

Also, these patch notes are beautiful! Thanks a lot!

I actually didn't notice the power cost.  I've dropped sweepy onto a couple of different electrical grids without issue.  I'll have to keep an eye on things and see if it actually has made a bigger difference than I thought.

Also, you mention that the fridge has a free alternative -- so does sweepy!  Just command your dupes to sweep and mop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1