Taming more creatures

I dont know about you guys but beefalo taming is super cool and fun to me. Taming other things would be cool, imagine taming a hound and riding it around (domt really know how humane that is but they seem pretty damn big). Taming a tallbird should also get tweaked its pretty counter intuitive since when it grows up it hates us but I guess its a lot easier to tame then a beef but what do you guys think if klei added more taming would you try to do it since I know not many people actually tame beef 

I just want a Saladmander to follow me around like my Pet Carrat does.

You May be asking but Mr or Mrs Mike23Ua how exactly do you get a Carrat to follow you around as a pet?

Easy! 

Step 1- Build Carrat Shrine.

Step 2- Spend 4 Gold to buy Carrat.

Step 3- Buy Carrat Racing Start Point & place it.

Step 4- Place Carrat at Starting line, Start the race and then run away.

With no checkpoints or finish line it will follow you around all over everywhere, usually stopping to cry at your feet cause it couldn’t race.

Dont forget to FEED your Carrat Seeds. You can do this manually which will change its tail color, OR you can set Carrat Free and Bait a Rabbit Trap with Seeds, it will eat those seeds in the trap without changing color.

Just remember if you want it to follow you around again you got to put it at a race start line first.

Yeah, I've always thought it's kinda stupid that whenever you raise a tallbird, it turns right around and pecks you to death.  Yeah, yeah, "it's still a wild animal" but you raised it from _before birth_.  It's NEVER known a parent other than you.  And considering the amount of time and effort it takes...!  THREE.  DAYS of keeping it exactly the right temperature, watching it at all times, grabbing it away in the nick of time from hounds, spiders, or jerkass teammates...then it's so fragile that it dies to ANYthing, and frankly my automatic name for all Smallbirds is "Morsel".  Because I've NEVER gotten it past a few days old.

Then, if you somehow manage to keep it from dying to absolutely everything for a long time...it turns right around and attacks you.  Like, I've never gotten why Tallbird-raising is even a THING that _exists_, in the game, if it's that pointless and bad.  At LEAST have it attack us QUICKLY, or be easier to hatch!  Takes a long time and is difficult _and_ doesn't even work is the worst of all worlds combination.

Sure, actual tallbirds in the wild are SO aggressive they often peck their own precious babies, the ones that they will murder your face off if you grab it while still in its egg form, to death, and it seems to be the standard coming-of-age ritual for teenbirds to murder their parents.  All for no practical reason, 'cos they're vegetarians!

Still.  Tallbird raising should be better or not exist.  Like, it's such a waste of time and effort now, it feels like a flat--out troll move.  "HA, ha, I triiicked you!"  (mocking bratty-little-sibling voice)

...Notorious

23 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

In case someone doesn't instantly know what you're talking about.

Worg_Rider.thumb.jpg.da5776506085b4f91a0331fec566c30c.jpg

Yes, totes dope. 

I agree, that sounds sick, but the problematic thing about even trying to tame a varg ( if it existed ) would be his abillity to summon variety of hounds.

7 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I agree, that sounds sick, but the problematic thing about even trying to tame a varg ( if it existed ) would be his abillity to summon variety of hounds.

Wouldn’t this technically be the same exact thing if Webber was able to tame and ride Spider Queens?

20 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Well, the varg's character sheet has beefalo anatomy... Maybe Vargs are were-boofs?

On 2/15/2020 at 8:53 PM, bruhmoment23 said:

19 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wouldn’t this technically be the same exact thing if Webber was able to tame and ride Spider Queens?

No and no, Beefalos lose the "ability" of getting in heat and mating when tamed, it would probably happen the same with Vargs and Spider Queens.

If they somehow lost that aspect, can you imagine the chaos inside your base haha.

Taming vargs would be pretty rad:

- 800 more hp than beefalos.

- Slower running speed.

- Pretty slow attack animation but with more damage and range. 

- Only eats meat and it's a monster.

- Would probably require a more complicated way to befriend them in the first place.

2 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Taming vargs would be pretty rad:

- 800 more hp than beefalos.

- Slower running speed.

- Pretty slow attack animation but with more damage and range. 

- Only eats meat and it's a monster.

- Would probably require a more complicated way to befriend them in the first place.

How to tame a Varg: Feed it all your Friends.

Archived