Keep the ability to race Carrats

10 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

Make the race for pets/critters instead. More reason to keep them.

That wouldn't really work due to the whole training thing. They'd have to make animations for all 7 critters using the gyms, then more for each critter that's added in the future, and most of the training wouldn't even make sense with the flying ones. I guess they could cut the training aspect out of it entirely, but then it's kind of pointless.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

That wouldn't really work due to the whole training thing. They'd have to make animations for all 7 critters using the gyms, then more for each critter that's added in the future, and most of the training wouldn't even make sense with the flying ones. I guess they could cut the training aspect out of it entirely, but then it's kind of pointless.

I think they could do a critter update later. People have complained about their pointlessness.

For some reason I get the feeling this Carrat racing stuff is a hint that they can do better pets. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was just teasers for a full blown critters update.

But keep Carrat Racing, 4 Gold to have my own little Carrat follow me around everywhere is too much fun.

As long you've played with an event on a world you will keep the recipe forever (Winter Feast's Tree Planter & Hallowed Nights Lab for example...), so unless you skipped it there's no needs to worry about it, or just use a command to enabled the event, get the shrine and you can disable the event after.

43 minutes ago, ADM said:

As long you've played with an event on a world you will keep the recipe forever (Winter Feast's Tree Planter & Hallowed Nights Lab for example...), so unless you skipped it there's no needs to worry about it, or just use a command to enabled the event, get the shrine and you can disable the event after.

I think you can edit the event in the world options? Or was it only when you create the world? If so, oof.

52 minutes ago, Booklover said:

I think you can edit the event in the world options? Or was it only when you create the world? If so, oof.

I believe you can do that with the right console command, since you can change pretty much everything else with the console that can be changed when generating the world (except the layout of the terrain, but that's irrelevant to this topic).

The other thing you can do: The c_freecrafting command allows you to build any craftable structure or item. It works on the Year of the Gobbler, Year of the Varg, and Year of the Pig King items, so with creative mode on you could build a carrat racing setup whenever you want. And presumably the structures won't lose their functionality when the event is over, you just wouldn't be able to build any more of them the normal way. Now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose the same thing would apply to spawning carrat racing equipment directly with the console.

28 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You can actually keep brewing potions with the hallowed nights stations ( you can craft them still after the event ) so I don't see why not make the races possible too

Yeah just remove the prize pool and it's done. If we're talking about it after the event ends.

If we're talking about making it a permanent content like Pig King's Wrestling then I don't think that's possible or a good idea

Archived