Ocean fishing chart!

I know not many people enjoy fishing. But I also know some people would like to get into fishing but have nowhere to start. Because of how deep fishing can be and how many different things there are to take into account. I decided to make this fishing cheat sheet of sorts!
On this chart, you will find every type of fish, where you can find them, what they drop, and the attraction they have towards different lures.
On top of tall that (or... below all that) you will also find the exact stats for all of the lures and floats!.

Now. One thing I always hear from people is that they think both lures and floats do the same thing and that you need both. So let me clear this up!
Lures, are what the fish are attracted to! they are what the fish bite!
Floats, only help with CASTING your rod, and nothing else! They are only used for getting that lure to the fish, and once its in the water, it doesn't help any more.
This being said... If you don't have a float, don't stress, all you need are some seeds or berries and you are ready to fish.

Spoiler

Lure Attraction guide
Idle attraction:
       The base attraction for the lure. The higher the attraction, the more likely fish will bite it.
Reel Bonus:
       The bonus attraction gained when the lure moves, either from the boat moving or the player reeling in.
       Most crafted lures will gain a bonus. But food lures will lose attraction, making fish bite them less when the lure moves.
Lure Radius:
       The range that fish will be able to see the lure and be attracted to it.
Range Bonus:
        Gives bonus range while casting the fishing rod. Letting you cast further than normal.

DarkPulsesFishingChart8.4.thumb.png.520b062f752e749773b219358225e9d8.png
And for an uncompressed version. You can use the PDF version I made that doesnt have compression. on the text
DarkPulsesFishingChart8.4.pdf
If you would like to stay up to date with my chart! be sure to follow this thread and check back often!

Yes I know "Deep Bass" is misspelled... its just not enough of an issue to warrant updating it. I will fix it in the next version

26 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Nice chart. I'd argue that this is more helpful than the wiki because the "Lures" page for some reason doesn't have meat on it. 

Weeell you do bring up a good point, i have not actually tested these and didnt see the "lures" page
The page about the fish commented on them eating "all types of food" "only meats" or "only vegetables"

and on further testing, meat and carrots can not be used as lures.
thank you for bringing up the lure page, I will use that info to improve this and  fix this as soon as I can, expect an edit

8 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Weeell you do bring up a good point, i have not actually tested these and didnt see the "lures" page
The page about the fish commented on them eating "all types of food" "only meats" or "only vegetables"

and on further testing, meat and carrots can not be used as lures.
thank you for bringing up the lure page, I will use that info to improve this and  fix this as soon as I can, expect an edit

Oh gotcha; so that's why meat wasn't on the lure page. I'm guessing the ocean-fish wiki page only meant that they eat meat that you drop on the water's surface, not meat that you can use for luring. 

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

I don't know if anyone has beat me to it yet, but 2 new Koi fish were added in the YOTC update.

Oh dang I certainly haven't seen anyone mention this yet. What's special about these particular koi fish? I'm guessing these are pond fish and not ocean fish?

41 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Oh dang I certainly haven't seen anyone mention this yet. What's special about these particular koi fish? I'm guessing these are pond fish and not ocean fish?

I do apologize, I don't know much about them yet, but they're ocean fish.
The 2 new Koi are named the Dappled Koi and Golden Koi.
image.thumb.png.68c5c483bbe885e6a494a028dc0ab56e.png

11 hours ago, -Variant said:

I do apologize, I don't know much about them yet, but they're ocean fish.
The 2 new Koi are named the Dappled Koi and Golden Koi.
image.thumb.png.68c5c483bbe885e6a494a028dc0ab56e.png

Interesting. I've noticed that fish with significantly large bodies relative to their tailfins are medium-sized fish, so I suspect that these fish fall into the same category. 

Is there a way to get a larger version of the image? At least for me its almost impossible to read the information about individual fish. I'd love to share this on my stream but right now I can't get the image large enough and maintain the quality to do so.

Other than that, amazing work and I love the formatting. <3 

On 4/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, Griver84 said:

Is there a way to get a larger version of the image? At least for me its almost impossible to read the information about individual fish. I'd love to share this on my stream but right now I can't get the image large enough and maintain the quality to do so.

Other than that, amazing work and I love the formatting. <3 

Yeah, if you click on it, and then click again when you see the magnifying glass mouse icon, that will open it in a new tab as its full size that you can zoom in on to see even better
if that doesnt work, here is a link instead
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kleiforums/monthly_2020_07/DarkPulsesFishingChart8.4.png.d75906e7828143a30403e02eb7017bb0.png

4 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Does having a "x0 multiplier in normal weather" imply that the lure straight-up cannot catch fish whatsoever in normal weather?

its the lure's stats that are multiplied by 0, so it will basically be like you dont have a lure. Which is a 10% lure attraction. but all fish have a x0.25 attraction to no lure, so its really 2.5%
So yes it can still catch fish, its just a very low chance per nibble

Archived