Ocean fishing chart!

2 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

Does having a "x0 multiplier in normal weather" imply that the lure straight-up cannot catch fish whatsoever in normal weather?

2 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

its the lure's stats that are multiplied by 0, so it will basically be like you dont have a lure. Which is a 10% lure attraction. but all fish have a x0.25 attraction to no lure, so its really 2.5%
So yes it can still catch fish, its just a very low chance per nibble

The stats from the lure are not added onto the base hook's, they replace it: That means that a snow day hook will NOT catch ANY fish outside of snowy weather, a rainy day hook will NOT catch ANY fish outside rainy weather, and a heavy weighted lure will NOT catch ANY fish that are too light.

2 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

its the same as the Day/Dusk/Night Lures in their non-respective times of day.
Which is why you may still catch a fish even when using those lures at the wrong times.

It's not like that: The time-of-day baits only get a x0.3 multiplier on their charm, while the weather baits get a x0 multiplier, completely removing their effect.

12 hours ago, Electroely said:

The stats from the lure are not added onto the base hook's, they replace it: That means that a snow day hook will NOT catch ANY fish outside of snowy weather, a rainy day hook will NOT catch ANY fish outside rainy weather, and a heavy weighted lure will NOT catch ANY fish that are too light.

It's not like that: The time-of-day baits only get a x0.3 multiplier on their charm, while the weather baits get a x0 multiplier, completely removing their effect.

Hmm interesting, I have been able to catch a fish before with the rainy lure tho when i still had it equipped on accident. so thats why i assumed it was like the daytime lures

13 hours ago, Electroely said:

What is the perfect lure to catch heavy fish for Pearl?

I did something similar but heavily compressed since I wasn't too interested in min/maxing, The lures also tend to be very similar in performance when you get top tier and there are clear winners for floats. If anyone wants sauce (which has a complete recipe cheat-sheet on page1 - minus new leafy), lemme know.

DS2.thumb.png.99aac71e2f58358ee0351f531b6da25d.png

DS2.png

Fine work. I'd like to know how to keep tabs so I could return to this whenever I need as well as keep up with any updates.

So the reel bonus displayed below could either be positive or negative. And if I have to guess, for rot, seeds, and berries it's better to leave your bait idle than reel it in to get a nibble?

What about different water types? Are they indicated by the sea colour or more by the density of rocks in the area? What's the exact difference between swell and rough?

On 7/15/2020 at 3:23 PM, Ryde said:

What about different water types? Are they indicated by the sea colour or more by the density of rocks in the area? What's the exact difference between swell and rough?

Diffrent water types usually fall into the factors you mentioned, that being shifting water color into darker version aswell as amount of sea stacks increasing depending on the layer you are currently in. Exact diffrence between swell and rough are fish that are in those areas aswell as color, swell ocean has a darker green color while rough has a green/blue, with rough ocean having a lot tighter placed sea stacks that are a lot harder to pass between them with a boat.

Fish found in the swell layer of the ocean are : Runty Guppy, Bitty Baitfish, Mudfish, Deep Bass, Black Catfish and Corn Cod.

In rough layer, you'll usually encounter these : Bitty Baitfish, Deep Bass, Black Catfish, Corn Cod and Dandy Lionfish.

Of course its a lot harder to tell which is which if you're color blind or have somekind of issue with your sight, but nontheless, i hope this helps.

DST_Swell_Ocean.png DST_Rough_Ocean.png

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

What a great work :wilson_love: Do you have other spreadsheets like that?  I like to print them and put on a mini board near my notebook.

I'm going to assume by "spreasheet" you're referring to me and not OP. This is the only cheatsheet I use because it's the only set of data that I didn't want to commit to memory. You're welcome to the excel source file (and explanation of my personal notations) but it will need updating for the beta content and it is in the newer .xlsx format

3 hours ago, Ryde said:

Guy above me covered this pretty comprehensively, but just to add that I tend to just look at the waves since they can be seen in all lighting conditions and season filters.

4 hours ago, Ryde said:

So the reel bonus displayed below could either be positive or negative. And if I have to guess, for rot, seeds, and berries it's better to leave your bait idle than reel it in to get a nibble?

Yeah thats basically the idea. After reeling with the seeds/berries/rot. your lure basically has an attraction of 0, and fish wont be interested in it.

4 hours ago, Ryde said:

I'd like to know how to keep tabs so I could return to this whenever I need as well as keep up with any updates

There is a follow button near the top right of the page. Or you can book mark this post so you can return to it.

This is so excellent, thank you! Is it possible to get it at an even higher resolution? I'm seeing it at 96dpi. If you could boost that up to 150 or even 300 I think it would look a lot cleaner when zoomed in.

Let me know if you do it. I'll definitely share this on my Discord!

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

This is so excellent, thank you! Is it possible to get it at an even higher resolution? I'm seeing it at 96dpi. If you could boost that up to 150 or even 300 I think it would look a lot cleaner when zoomed in.

Let me know if you do it. I'll definitely share this on my Discord!

Yeah, it reminds me of the chart you did of the new recipes, both Warly's and normal ones, when he came out.

3 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Is it possible to get it at an even higher resolution?

sadly it isnt as a normal image. its too large. But the PDF version barely has any compression. so thats why i recommend using that.

The highest resolution i can get it as a normal image is 
https://s3.amazonaws.com/kleiforums/monthly_2020_07/DarkPulsesFishingChart8.4.png.d75906e7828143a30403e02eb7017bb0.png 

Yeah looks like this one is 96dpi as well. If you're using Acrobat Pro you can usually consolidate file size just by exporting a pdf with no layers. Wish I knew more about Acrobat in general, but I use mainly Photoshop for my charts. I hear inDesign works really well also.

Thanks again for the great chart!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:23 AM, Ryde said:

I have some good examples of how the water of each type looks.
20200718125636_1.thumb.jpg.70ad4c527ed94b1c29cac34ff31460b2.jpg

Here is the first example. From left to right, it shows Shore > Swell > Rough.
basically, each type is darker from the last.

Sadly, This is during the day, I have had it during seasons like winter at dusk where I couldnt tell the difference between the colors.
20200718125812_1.thumb.jpg.7ad4f32c56c6e9edcfb10aba8a479f06.jpg
Thankfully Dangerous waters are much easier to spot. Being very dark and often having broken boat pieces spawn in them when loaded for the first time. They are usually very small compared to the other types of sea
But do keep in mind that just because there are boat fragments, doesn't mean that it is dangerous water. As boat pieces can spawn anywhere. Thats why I recommend not hammering these boat fragments as to easily tell it is Dangerous waters

And i'll just say this in this post

23 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

If you're using Acrobat Pro you can usually consolidate file size just by exporting a pdf with no layers. Wish I knew more about Acrobat in general, but I use mainly Photoshop for my charts.

Sadly Im actually using Google Drawings to make these charts. So I dont have much freedom with how they get saved or exported. But i do use Pixlr for any quick images i need to photoshop for the chart

Archived